BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-12-2013, 03:53 AM   #23
Diver
Brigadier General
Diver's Avatar
United_States
504
Rep
3,446
Posts

Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

A baby X6, cool.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 06:29 AM   #24
acey81
First Lieutenant
Sweden
48
Rep
313
Posts

Drives: F15 X5 40d M-sport; F80 M3
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

iTrader: (0)

This looks great. I wonder if the cargo space is as compromised as on the X6, or if it's similar (and hopefully a bit deeper) to the X3.

Either way, looks great. And hopefully the interior will follow the same lines as recent new BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #25
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
midwest 340xi 6sp's Avatar
United_States
358
Rep
1,797
Posts

Drives: 2018 340xi
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Midwest

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Silver View Post
Wayyyy too many X cars... X1, X3, X4, X5, X6. I don't like any of them.
Uhmm.....These X cars volume and profit help fund M car development and production...

There's a role in the portfolio for share/profit growth assets last I looked
__________________
Previous Rides: 535xi, M235xi, X3, E92 M3, E70 X5 35d, X6 50i, X6 35i, E60 550i, E46 M3 Cabriolet, E39 540i, E36 328i
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 07:29 AM   #26
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
midwest 340xi 6sp's Avatar
United_States
358
Rep
1,797
Posts

Drives: 2018 340xi
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Midwest

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acey81 View Post
This looks great. I wonder if the cargo space is as compromised as on the X6, or if it's similar (and hopefully a bit deeper) to the X3.

Either way, looks great. And hopefully the interior will follow the same lines as recent new BMWs.
There probably is, but having owned X6 and X5 I don't recall significant loss in back storage...

There was a significant visibility reduction though...The roof slope and massive C pillars will kill line of sight..I was actually relieved to get my X5 35d after driving X6 for a few years
__________________
Previous Rides: 535xi, M235xi, X3, E92 M3, E70 X5 35d, X6 50i, X6 35i, E60 550i, E46 M3 Cabriolet, E39 540i, E36 328i
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #27
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
13
Rep
597
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest X6 View Post
Uhmm.....These X cars volume and profit help fund M car development and production...

There's a role in the portfolio for share/profit growth assets last I looked
I don't care what their profits or volume does for the company's bottom line. Also, any profits the company makes can be used to fund the development and production of any car. You can't say that the profits from an X3 are used to fund future M4 development. That makes no sense... Allocating one models profit to another division's R&D?

That also has absolutely nothing to do with my original comment. I don't like any of the X cars. I think they all look like crap. They all suck on road as well as off road. Thus, making them pointless to me.

As for company profits, how they are allocated, and how M car development and production is determined... That is another story neither of us is qualified to discuss here.
__________________


E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #28
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
midwest 340xi 6sp's Avatar
United_States
358
Rep
1,797
Posts

Drives: 2018 340xi
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Great Midwest

iTrader: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium Silver View Post
I don't care what their profits or volume does for the company's bottom line. Also, any profits the company makes can be used to fund the development and production of any car. You can't say that the profits from an X3 are used to fund future M4 development. That makes no sense... Allocating one models profit to another division's R&D?

That also has absolutely nothing to do with my original comment. I don't like any of the X cars. I think they all look like crap. They all suck on road as well as off road. Thus, making them pointless to me.

As for company profits, how they are allocated, and how M car development and production is determined... That is another story neither of us is qualified to discuss here.
Well look...You and I have both been blessed with owning the crown jewel of BMW - the M3...Me? I've been blessed twice - owning the E46 M3 back in the earlier 2000's...So I guess I don't understand your vitriol against the X's

From my vantage point (as an "M" evangelist) I'm delighted the X's are there to at the very least grow sales - and probably doing so with incremental penetration and increased buy-rate among existing brand buyers...

That is good for future "M" development etc...
__________________
Previous Rides: 535xi, M235xi, X3, E92 M3, E70 X5 35d, X6 50i, X6 35i, E60 550i, E46 M3 Cabriolet, E39 540i, E36 328i
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2013, 08:55 PM   #29
ska///235i
***** noob
ska///235i's Avatar
United_States
1366
Rep
10,479
Posts

Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

iTrader: (34)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Omg, so ugly
__________________
2006 325xi (Sold)
2014 M235I (Current)
2015 428xi Gran Coupe (STB)
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #30
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
13
Rep
597
Posts

Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest X6 View Post
Well look...You and I have both been blessed with owning the crown jewel of BMW - the M3...Me? I've been blessed twice - owning the E46 M3 back in the earlier 2000's...So I guess I don't understand your vitriol against the X's

From my vantage point (as an "M" evangelist) I'm delighted the X's are there to at the very least grow sales - and probably doing so with incremental penetration and increased buy-rate among existing brand buyers...

That is good for future "M" development etc...
Okay fine. I disagree. I think the X cars are ugly and I'm not into them. As you can see, many other people agree.

From a revenue perspective, sales of the 3-series basically is BMW's bread and butter. Sales of the 3-Series is what funds practically everything at the company. The 3 Series accounts for over 30% of all BMW sales.

They sold more 3 series in 2007 than X3 the previous 5 years combined. Anyways, not here to argue.

Not a huge fan of X-Model BMWs. No big deal.

I'd rather have a Porsche Cayenee, Range Rover Sport, Range Rover, GLK or even Audi All-Road for a smaller crossover type. Or an Evoque if I had to get a tiny SUV crossover thing.
__________________


E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #31
freedevil
Enlisted Member
freedevil's Avatar
0
Rep
33
Posts

Drives: Solara
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

I don't understand why people keep complaining about the amber reflectors.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #32
starbai
PPRSWCE
starbai's Avatar
Guyana
654
Rep
1,848
Posts

Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Orlando FL

iTrader: (2)

looks fantastic... can't wait to see production model in white
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw x4, 2014 x4, 2015 bmw x4, 2015 x4, bmw f26, bmw f26 x4, bmw spied, bmw spy photos, bmw spy pics, bmw spy shots, bmw spy video, bmw spy videos, bmw x4, bmw x4 concept, bmw x4 f26, bmw x4 forum, bmw x4 forums, bmw x4 m, bmw x4 m forum, bmw x4 m news, bmw x4 m performance model, bmw x4 m rumors, bmw x4 news, bmw x4 sav, bmw x4 suv, bmw x4m, bmw x4m forum, f26 bmw, f26 x4, m performance x4, x4 concept, x4 f26, x4 forum, x4 forums, x4 m forums, x4 m performance, x4 m performance model, x4 news, x4m forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST