BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-08-2014, 06:25 PM   #89
Bimar
Colonel
Bimar's Avatar
798
Rep
2,599
Posts

Drives: Bmw X
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Www

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Simon having seen your x4 I have changed my x3 order to Melbourne with beige ... Only 6 months to wait for it
Msport or xline?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2014, 01:59 AM   #90
Andy_o
Captain
Andy_o's Avatar
United Kingdom
76
Rep
746
Posts

Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Uk - Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Simon having seen your x4 I have changed my x3 order to Melbourne with beige ... Only 6 months to wait for it
Msport or xline?
Xline
__________________
Gone: E90 crimson red/black

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 02:20 PM   #91
SimonRostin
Private
SimonRostin's Avatar
Sweden
7
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: BMW 530iA Touring -01 E39
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Okay, so we got the car back last thursday and now I've had the time to reflect about where the differences of the x3 pre LCI and x4 are. Here's my thoughts:

Exterior (front facia):
The looks of the x4 attracts me so much more than the x3, I think the x3 looks to nice, and a bit to old. So here the win goes to the x4

Interior:
The x4 interior is so much more luxurious. Both in the terms of the look, and the feel of it. The x3 felt less luxurious than my 2001 e39 5-series, and that's not okay for a modern car.
In the matter of seat comfort the x4 wins by miles. The x3's seats felt like sitting on a hardwood floor in my opinion. The x4 seats is much more comfortable.

Tech:
The x3 we had was with the new iDrive system so not much to compare there, it did have the navigation though. According to me, it's not worth the extra ~$2000 (20 000 Swedish crowns). The x3 did have the HiFi-system though, and I stand by what I said in my review. If you like audio, GET THE HIFI SYSTEM. It does make a difference, and the standard system is quite boring actually.

Chassi and ride:
The x3 was a standard 2.0d, and I didn't like the ride hight, I felt that I was sitting to high to get a sporty feel of it. It also was way to wobbly for my taste, comfortable, sure, but it was to much of a compromise of the BMW sporty feel. The x4 seating position is a bit lower, but it feels ALOT lower, it quite feels like sitting in a standard car. I like that. The ride is a bit harder as well, but not so hard that it compromises the ride comfort. The x4 with the 3.0d also wins in power of course. I would go with that engine every day of the week.

So, overall the x4 is simply, tighter, prettier, faster, cooler and better in my taste. If only my father would have chosen the HiFi-system
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 02:21 PM   #92
SimonRostin
Private
SimonRostin's Avatar
Sweden
7
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: BMW 530iA Touring -01 E39
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
Simon having seen your x4 I have changed my x3 order to Melbourne with beige ... Only 6 months to wait for it
Nice that you liked the combo! 6 months, dang, that's a long time.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 03:03 PM   #93
Roundown
Colonel
576
Rep
2,353
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
TurboT: I am going to buy AEZ 18" Yachts rims and Conti, Nokian or Pirelli Ice (new from last winter) with studs. All with STD design - not runflats. Cost about 50% of BMW original run flats.
There are pirate tirepressure sensors from major suppliers (one of them suppling to X4) , that can be calibrated for the X4 wireless system. Cost about 70% of original sensors.
Thx for the very good info. Good to know that aftermarket sensors are available and that those can be calibrated to BMW system. Before winter I need to anyway decide if I go for aftermarket rims and sensors or pricey bmw ones.
There's a thread on this in the X3 forum.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:40 PM   #94
Bimar
Colonel
Bimar's Avatar
798
Rep
2,599
Posts

Drives: Bmw X
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Www

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRostin View Post
Okay, so we got the car back last thursday and now I've had the time to reflect about where the differences of the x3 pre LCI and x4 are. Here's my thoughts:

Exterior (front facia):
The looks of the x4 attracts me so much more than the x3, I think the x3 looks to nice, and a bit to old. So here the win goes to the x4

Interior:
The x4 interior is so much more luxurious. Both in the terms of the look, and the feel of it. The x3 felt less luxurious than my 2001 e39 5-series, and that's not okay for a modern car.
In the matter of seat comfort the x4 wins by miles. The x3's seats felt like sitting on a hardwood floor in my opinion. The x4 seats is much more comfortable.

Tech:
The x3 we had was with the new iDrive system so not much to compare there, it did have the navigation though. According to me, it's not worth the extra ~$2000 (20 000 Swedish crowns). The x3 did have the HiFi-system though, and I stand by what I said in my review. If you like audio, GET THE HIFI SYSTEM. It does make a difference, and the standard system is quite boring actually.

Chassi and ride:
The x3 was a standard 2.0d, and I didn't like the ride hight, I felt that I was sitting to high to get a sporty feel of it. It also was way to wobbly for my taste, comfortable, sure, but it was to much of a compromise of the BMW sporty feel. The x4 seating position is a bit lower, but it feels ALOT lower, it quite feels like sitting in a standard car. I like that. The ride is a bit harder as well, but not so hard that it compromises the ride comfort. The x4 with the 3.0d also wins in power of course. I would go with that engine every day of the week.

So, overall the x4 is simply, tighter, prettier, faster, cooler and better in my taste. If only my father would have chosen the HiFi-system
Thanks for comparo. Your X3 loaner spec sounds like my X4(1week to go) and yes went with Melbourne red, beige and hifi but in xline...cannot wait. Hope ride is not too firm on 18s for like the ride on the X3, just right for me for ordered without test driving.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2014, 04:45 PM   #95
Bimar
Colonel
Bimar's Avatar
798
Rep
2,599
Posts

Drives: Bmw X
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Www

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
There's a thread on this in the X3 forum.
Did not order these, so looks like it can be an easy aftermarket install?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2014, 11:25 AM   #96
TurboT
Private First Class
Finland
2
Rep
136
Posts

Drives: X4 30d
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
There's a thread on this in the X3 forum.
My dealer made a good offer (bmw alloys, sensors, rft winter wheels), so took that full package.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2014, 09:35 PM   #97
Bimar
Colonel
Bimar's Avatar
798
Rep
2,599
Posts

Drives: Bmw X
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Www

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRostin View Post
.
So, overall the x4 is simply, tighter, prettier, faster, cooler and better in my taste. If only my father would have chosen the HiFi-system
Can attest to the HIFI being banging, best sound I have had in any car 11 speakers including 2 subwoofers.

Just curious how much was the new Bumper?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 01:00 AM   #98
SimonRostin
Private
SimonRostin's Avatar
Sweden
7
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: BMW 530iA Touring -01 E39
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRostin View Post
.
So, overall the x4 is simply, tighter, prettier, faster, cooler and better in my taste. If only my father would have chosen the HiFi-system
Can attest to the HIFI being banging, best sound I have had in any car 11 speakers including 2 subwoofers.

Just curious how much was the new Bumper?
All and all, the reparations costed 50,000 sek, that's about $6800.

The insurance covered it though!
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 12:14 PM   #99
Yocal
Private First Class
21
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: 2015 X4 28i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Kinda expensive, considering my repair is costing around $20k.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #100
Bimar
Colonel
Bimar's Avatar
798
Rep
2,599
Posts

Drives: Bmw X
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Www

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
Kinda expensive, considering my repair is costing around $20k.
$20k what are you replacing?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 04:33 AM   #101
SimonRostin
Private
SimonRostin's Avatar
Sweden
7
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: BMW 530iA Touring -01 E39
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal
Kinda expensive, considering my repair is costing around $20k.
$20k? Do you mean $2k? Otherwise THAT'S expensive
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 10:48 AM   #102
Yocal
Private First Class
21
Rep
146
Posts

Drives: 2015 X4 28i M Sport
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

No, the whole right-side of my X4 was damaged by another car that rammed into it at 30-40 mph. Still contemplating on whether to post photos of the damage.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 10:54 AM   #103
SimonRostin
Private
SimonRostin's Avatar
Sweden
7
Rep
95
Posts

Drives: BMW 530iA Touring -01 E39
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal
No, the whole right-side of my X4 was damaged by another car that rammed into it at 30-40 mph. Still contemplating on whether to post photos of the damage.
Damn! Really sorry to hear that! That truly sucks! Sorry man!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 11:59 AM   #104
Bimar
Colonel
Bimar's Avatar
798
Rep
2,599
Posts

Drives: Bmw X
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Www

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yocal View Post
No, the whole right-side of my X4 was damaged by another car that rammed into it at 30-40 mph. Still contemplating on whether to post photos of the damage.
Sorry again. Do post so we can know how well the X4 holds up, simon did post his frontal damage.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2014 bmw x4, 2014 x4, 2015 bmw x4, 2015 x4, bmw f26, bmw f26 x4, bmw x4, bmw x4 concept, bmw x4 f26, bmw x4 forum, bmw x4 forums, bmw x4 m, bmw x4 m forum, bmw x4 m news, bmw x4 m rumors, bmw x4 news, bmw x4 sav, bmw x4 suv, bmw x4m, bmw x4m forum, f26 bmw, f26 x4, x4 concept, x4 f26, x4 forum, x4 forums, x4 m forums, x4 news, x4m forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:16 AM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST