BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-16-2024, 08:25 PM   #1
Rickybobby123
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw x3 m40i

Installing yellow DRLs on X3 m40i 2021 pre lci

Hello guys,

First time posting on here so be easy with me. I have searched the web a lot about this and haven’t been able to find much. I am curious to see if anyone has installed yellow DRLs on their pre lci m40i. If so, will you be able to tell me if these particular headlights have one DRL module per side? I saw one thread for lci x3ms and they have two modules per side and you have to partially remove the bumper to access the back DRL. Im wondering if there is only one module per side and that it is easy to access through the hood and/or wheel well. Any guidance is greatly appreciated

Ricky
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2024, 05:15 AM   #2
Gr8ZongB58
Your Average B58'er
Rep
Drives: 19' X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickybobby123 View Post
Hello guys,

First time posting on here so be easy with me. I have searched the web a lot about this and haven’t been able to find much. I am curious to see if anyone has installed yellow DRLs on their pre lci m40i. If so, will you be able to tell me if these particular headlights have one DRL module per side? I saw one thread for lci x3ms and they have two modules per side and you have to partially remove the bumper to access the back DRL. Im wondering if there is only one module per side and that it is easy to access through the hood and/or wheel well. Any guidance is greatly appreciated

Ricky
One module per side. No bumper removal. Slight headlight adjustment in order to take out module. Follow this video:

https://youtu.be/RGnxDEE-nws?si=P4F59UGyVI3qdSFU
2019 X3 M40i - MHD STG2 HPFP E40ish | MHD FlexFuel Kit | TU HPFP | xHP stg 3 | VRSF catless downpipe | MST intake | BMS occ | Verus turbo heat shield | P3 V3 gauge w/ P3 ESVA | FTP Charge Pipe | RossRacing PCV v1 VTA | MSS Springs | RES Exhaust w/o valves | Vossen HF-5 21x9.5/10.5 265/295 PS4S | Yellow DRLs |
Appreciate 0