BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-29-2021, 07:37 PM   #1
Kwmeo
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Advice for South Florida BMW service centers

I see quite a few forum members on here from or around south Florida, I was hoping that some members on here can recommend a BMW service advisor or center that won’t have issues (I.e. flagging, denying warranty for non related exhaust items, etc…)if they see an exhaust on my new 2022. You can pm or post experience here. Thank you, looking forward to having some fun with this one, lots of great info on this forums.
Appreciate 1
Dim108.50
      11-29-2021, 08:16 PM   #2
Dim
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M

+1 would like some insight here.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 09:47 PM   #3
08focus1
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwmeo View Post
I see quite a few forum members on here from or around south Florida, I was hoping that some members on here can recommend a BMW service advisor or center that won’t have issues (I.e. flagging, denying warranty for non related exhaust items, etc…)if they see an exhaust on my new 2022. You can pm or post experience here. Thank you, looking forward to having some fun with this one, lots of great info on this forums.
I'm not familiar with the Florida area, but what I gathered from speaking with My SA about how much he can turn a blind eye towards tunes and other aftermarket items is that if it is not there for a specific reason related to the aftermarket part and it is not something that will show when plugged in then it's not a problem. He also told me to ask if the vehicle will need to be plugged In to scan tools for certain warranty work prior to bringing the car in to allow me to attempt to remove something if needed or decide on bringing it in or not depending on the severity.
Appreciate 1
Kwmeo12.00
      11-30-2021, 10:37 AM   #4
porkipine69
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

I DM'd both yall.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 10:37 PM   #5
Kwmeo
Rep

Thanks guys, sorry about your car my friend that truly sucks, hopefully it all gets buttoned up smoothly. Hopefully we can get a cars N coffee meetup before Christmas…
Appreciate 1
Dim108.50
      11-30-2021, 10:47 PM   #6
Dim
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwmeo View Post
Thanks guys, sorry about your car my friend that truly sucks, hopefully it all gets buttoned up smoothly. Hopefully we can get a cars N coffee meetup before Christmas…
Not a bad idea… I'm carless til the F98 arrives 🤣.

I'm whipping my girls Tiguan for now so don't judge LOL.

Might have to grab my brother's M340i for the day 😎
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 07:16 AM   #7
gallagher
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 F97 X3 M Competition

From my extensive experience, most of the dealers are awful. Braman stands out in that group as exceptionally awful both in customer service and work quality. They are the worst I’ve ever encountered.

MotorHaus is the best independent BMW mechanic in South Florida, in my opinion. But I’m not sure whether they can do warranty work. I assume no, right?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 08:55 AM   #8
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallagher View Post
From my extensive experience, most of the dealers are awful. Braman stands out in that group as exceptionally awful both in customer service and work quality. They are the worst I’ve ever encountered.

MotorHaus is the best independent BMW mechanic in South Florida, in my opinion. But I’m not sure whether they can do warranty work. I assume no, right?
As much as I hate Braman sales, this has not been my experience with service.

The body shop work has been good.

And the warranty service has never created a problem for me.

It's close to home and the facilities are top notch. There's always a million advisors available.

YMMV.

I've heard good things about Lauderdale but it's way to far from me.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 09:34 AM   #9
Dim
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
From my extensive experience, most of the dealers are awful. Braman stands out in that group as exceptionally awful both in customer service and work quality. They are the worst I've ever encountered.

MotorHaus is the best independent BMW mechanic in South Florida, in my opinion. But I'm not sure whether they can do warranty work. I assume no, right?

It's close to home and the facilities are top notch. There's always a million advisors available.

YMMV.

Everyone will have a different experience and glad to hear you are one of the lucky ones!

I remember in our Facebook car group there was a guy who dropped his car off at Braman (not sure if for recall, service, don't know all the details) … Someone at shop ended up crashing his car, fed customer BS saying waiting on parts for weeks.

He decided to pull up to see what's going and found his car crashed. Never planned to tell him, fix the car and hope he wouldn't notice. WILD!!!

Also rentals tend to be garbage to include Hyundai's (ouch). My buddy has a lemon 340 and has only gotten trash rentals from Braman so something to consider as well.

From what I've seen and heard go Broward and north. We unfortunately know how things go down in Dade 305 too well🤣
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 09:39 AM   #10
f82fanatic
Major
Rep
Drives: iX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dim View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by f82fanatic View Post
Quote:
From my extensive experience, most of the dealers are awful. Braman stands out in that group as exceptionally awful both in customer service and work quality. They are the worst I've ever encountered.

MotorHaus is the best independent BMW mechanic in South Florida, in my opinion. But I'm not sure whether they can do warranty work. I assume no, right?

YMMV.

Everyone will have a different experience and glad to hear you are one of the lucky ones!

I remember in our Facebook car group there was a guy who dropped his car off at Braman (not sure if for recall, service, don't know all the details) … Someone at shop ended up crashing his car, fed customer BS saying waiting on parts for weeks.

He decided to pull up to see what's going and found his car crashed. Never planned to tell him, fix the car and hope he wouldn't notice. WILD!!!

Also rentals tend to be garbage to include Hyundai's (ouch). My buddy has a lemon 340 and has only gotten trash rentals from Braman so something to consider as well.

From what I've seen and heard go Broward and north. We unfortunately know how things go down in Dade 305 too well🤣
I don't trust any dealership blindly to be frank. And like I mentioned, I'm no Braman cheerleader. Quite the contrary, but I rather take my chances with them than drive 30 miles to leave my car somewhere.

That example was an isolated incident, bad apples abound in the 305, as you mentioned. Haha.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 09:43 AM   #11
Dim
Private First Class
Rep

Facts! Dealer certified damage is a thing unfortunately, no matter where you go🤣
Appreciate 1
f82fanatic1043.00
      12-02-2021, 10:45 AM   #12
BOEING 777
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4MC 2022 X3MC 2023 M3C

I have been using Vista BMW in Coconut Creek for over 15 years and they have been awesome never had an issue. I have been using the same SA for over 10 years and he always takes care of me and gives me great loaners.
I also use Lauderdale BMW in Pembroke Pines a couple of times because I bought my car there and have the wheel protection with them so if I have a wheel issue I will go to them and the same thing never had an issue.
If anyone needs my SA at both places I will gladly share them.
Appreciate 2
Dim108.50
Kwmeo12.00
      12-02-2021, 01:16 PM   #13
Kwmeo
Rep

That sounds great, as I bought my x3mc from Vista coconut creek, I really liked the environment in there, if you prefer you can pm me your SAs contact. As for Braman I had a decent experience with service, but the front end sales staff specifically the aggressive management is horrible, makes me never wanna step foot in there.
Appreciate 1
Dim108.50
      12-04-2021, 11:23 AM   #14
Bear3525
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335 xdrive Msport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkipine69 View Post
I DM'd both yall.
Please send me the info. I am having the same issues. I would like to add a tune but my SA said it will void my warranty. Could they tell if I flashed it back ?
Appreciate 0