BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-01-2021, 10:46 AM   #639
TomCanada
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcelona View Post
Tom, hope you get car soon.

My car wk47 the "location" as per "Dealer Vehicle Options" listing, flipped to 6. Dealer Inventory on Nov 24, from 1. On Order.

My dealer said ETA for pick up is Dec 31. He was being conservative, added days for potential delays.
More drama lol..

11/5 production date
11/22 BMW Canada says it's on a train
11/29 BMW Canada says it's arrived at BMW Canada
12/1 BMW Canada says it's arrived at the dealership

I call the dealership today (12/1) and the dealership says they don't have it, that it's still on a train, and ETA is 12/8.

I'm starting to suspect BMW Canada just takes production date and generates a status based on how much time has elapsed, rather than the actual reality of the situation. The wait continues..
Appreciate 1
kolobok43.50
      12-01-2021, 04:02 PM   #640
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanada View Post
More drama lol..

11/5 production date
11/22 BMW Canada says it's on a train
11/29 BMW Canada says it's arrived at BMW Canada
12/1 BMW Canada says it's arrived at the dealership

I call the dealership today (12/1) and the dealership says they don't have it, that it's still on a train, and ETA is 12/8.

I'm starting to suspect BMW Canada just takes production date and generates a status based on how much time has elapsed, rather than the actual reality of the situation. The wait continues..
Thanks for the kind update. The final week, how nice.

Who knows for sure the real facts. Today, I called BMW Canada and was informed that the car has been shipped and now in dealer inventory.

I called back as I forgot to ask the date of arrival in Canada, this time the answer is different. Now I am told it is being shipped, on rail ( which is progress). The CSR advised me that they only have generic information which is entered by the dealer ( as once it is made, Spartanburg is no longer involved). Generic is: produced, shipped or at dealership.

I haven't call SA as they are focused on new sales, and likely don't like to answer follow up questions.
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2021, 04:50 PM   #641
Treeboy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '22 X4 M40i / '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
'24 X5 M60i  [0.00]
'22 X4 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks for the kind update. The final week, how nice.

Who knows for sure the real facts. Today, I called BMW Canada and was informed that the car has been shipped and now in dealer inventory.

I called back as I forgot to ask the date of arrival in Canada, this time the answer is different. Now I am told it is being shipped, on rail ( which is progress). The CSR advised me that they only have generic information which is entered by the dealer ( as once it is made, Spartanburg is no longer involved). Generic is: produced, shipped or at dealership.

I haven't call SA as they are focused on new sales, and likely don't like to answer follow up questions.
When I looked at my car production tracking screen available to dealers, it states among others:

Two BMW Canada CSRs were telling me, that this Location information means that the car is already on the dealer's lot, which is not the correct information.
In my opinion the cars are moved to Dealer inventory regardless of their actual location...
Appreciate 1
      12-01-2021, 05:37 PM   #642
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeboy View Post
When I looked at my car production tracking screen available to dealers, it states among others:

Two BMW Canada CSRs were telling me, that this Location information means that the car is already on the dealer's lot, which is not the correct information.
In my opinion the cars are moved to Dealer inventory regardless of their actual location...

I appreciate your educated guess and I agree.

In the past SA would provide to me VIR, vehicle inquiry report. I can't recall the disclosed details.

For my current car, SA has provided me " Display Vehicle Options ( DVO) ".
SA produced these reports, likely as my main concern was potential, Option/package deletes.

On the DVO , there are two notable fields, Location and Stock Retailer. On 11/11/21, DVO location was "1 on order & stock" retailer was "0".

Build WK is 47. 11/24 DVO shows location as Dealer Inventory and location as Dealer Name. On this date, it is impossible for car to be in Toronto.

Thus upon car completion, it appears that the DVO and likely other Reports probably change car ownership from plant to dealer ( i.e. once complete, codes changed/revert to dealer). Yes, you are highly likely spot on that the car is designated as Dealer inventory irrespective of the car's physical location.

Hope you get your keys soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 11:15 AM   #643
TomCanada
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Which dealer are you with? In the past, I avoided Towne & Country BMW like the plague (opting instead for Downtown BMW) - T&C had absolutely terrible service and a take-it-or-leave-it attitude, but now that they're under new ownership (relabeled as BMW Markham, part of the Pfaff group) I gave them a chance, based on my positive experiences with Pfaff Audi in Newmarket on my current car. With that said, my SA is very responsive by email, though not particularly knowledgeable (he typically responds that he is waiting for a 'coworker' to provide him status on my car - either he doesn't know how to look it up himself, or isn't allowed to). He also has somewhat poor written English, but I chalk that up to Markham's primary demographics not being native English speakers Being the high maintenance customer that I know I am, as I got tired of wishy washy responses I just started asking the sales manager directly - she has been responsive (actually calls me with status) which is nice - although she brushes off my observations about BMW Canada's inconsistent/incorrect status with hand-waving explanations of 'supply chain' and so on. Anyways, so far I'm satisfied with their response overall - they do seem to care about the customer - and I'm not a light touch customer which I recognize. Anyways, if you're with the same dealer, and want the sales manager's email, let me know and I'll shoot you a PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 02:19 PM   #644
comptr
Private
Rep
Drives: Boring

Well I just got some good news my car is arriving at the dealership today.
Appreciate 1
barcelona271.00
      12-02-2021, 04:10 PM   #645
barcelona
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCanada View Post
Which dealer are you with? In the past, I avoided Towne & Country BMW like the plague (opting instead for Downtown BMW) - T&C had absolutely terrible service and a take-it-or-leave-it attitude, but now that they're under new ownership (relabeled as BMW Markham, part of the Pfaff group) I gave them a chance, based on my positive experiences with Pfaff Audi in Newmarket on my current car. With that said, my SA is very responsive by email, though not particularly knowledgeable (he typically responds that he is waiting for a 'coworker' to provide him status on my car - either he doesn't know how to look it up himself, or isn't allowed to). He also has somewhat poor written English, but I chalk that up to Markham's primary demographics not being native English speakers Being the high maintenance customer that I know I am, as I got tired of wishy washy responses I just started asking the sales manager directly - she has been responsive (actually calls me with status) which is nice - although she brushes off my observations about BMW Canada's inconsistent/incorrect status with hand-waving explanations of 'supply chain' and so on. Anyways, so far I'm satisfied with their response overall - they do seem to care about the customer - and I'm not a light touch customer which I recognize. Anyways, if you're with the same dealer, and want the sales manager's email, let me know and I'll shoot you a PM..
Hey Tom. Thanks for your kind assistance. I wrote with a tad of Tongue and cheek. Actually , my SA is pretty good, as he let me take an X6 home for the weekend to test to my liking, before deciding. Also when the car arrived in the winter, I got a better deal for winter set in Woodbridge. My SA said don't drive in winter with summers ( so true) , and he matched the price. Sounds like your new SA is pretty good and demonstrates lot's of initiative. Kind of you to work with someone who appears new to BMW, as it takes time for her to build up a client base.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 03:23 PM   #646
mongooze
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongooze View Post
And finally my build moved to "Dispatched From Factory" (status 190) this morning. Hopefully will pick it up soon!

According to my SA, they were waiting for a "full truck" rather than sending a half-empty one.
Just got informed that my M40i is at the dealership's storage lot. I'll be taking delivery Wednesday or Thursday this week!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 07:43 PM   #647
CharmCity85
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmCity85 View Post
My build sheet, myBMW online, and Genius by phone all say my red calipers and shadowline lights were not deleted but both are in caps on mdecoder:

S3M2 M SPORT BRAKE, RED HIGH-GLOSS
S3MF BMW INDIVIDUAL LIGHTS SHADOW LINE

Let's see!
My car arrived at the dealership and per the inventory build sheet my CA sent me both items that are in all caps above were not deleted.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 09:10 PM   #648
Snave01
M'ber
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘22 X3 M40i

So what deletes did you end up with? Passenger lumbar and secure (phone) entry?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 09:14 PM   #649
CharmCity85
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snave01 View Post
So what deletes did you end up with? Passenger lumbar and secure (phone) entry?
BMW Digital Key and Passenger Width Adjustment were both deleted. Passenger lumbar was not because I have ventilated seats and that seems to save it from the delete.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 04:58 AM   #650
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d LCI

Finally, status 155 - quality check, production completed

Fingers crossed, apart from deletions at the time of order (digital key/passenger seat bits & wireless charging), nothing appears to have been deleted from the list of options
Appreciate 2
MontyB11395.00
kolobok43.50
      12-06-2021, 05:14 AM   #651
agucorsi
agucorsi
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi66 View Post
Finally, status 155 - quality check, production completed

Fingers crossed, apart from deletions at the time of order (digital key/passenger seat bits & wireless charging), nothing appears to have been deleted from the list of options
Niiiiice, can I ask, when did you place your order? I placed mine in July and is now delayed till mid march... Also, my order update has not moved from 'order placed'.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 05:41 AM   #652
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by agucorsi View Post
Niiiiice, can I ask, when did you place your order? I placed mine in July and is now delayed till mid march... Also, my order update has not moved from 'order placed'.
The second week of August.

I was at status 105 for while, then moved to 111 mid-October, 112 second week November, 150 about two weeks ago, and now 155.

Is your order status 111 - "order received" or something else?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 08:49 AM   #653
agucorsi
agucorsi
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 LCI

Lucky man, since I wrote that message I had a call (today) that my Tech pack is deleted off my order which is a deal breaker to me. Had to cancel the order
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 08:53 AM   #654
kolobok
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: X4 2022

Quote:
The order date means nothing usually. Because one dealer has allocation for nearest month, another one has not. For example, I told with a few dealers in the end of September and one said that I should get my car in November (it's not true as we can see, hope that it will be December), but other said that she will be only on March.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 09:17 AM   #655
kolobok
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: X4 2022

My car is available via VIN decoder today
No deletions

0610 Head-up display
0645 BMW US Radio
0655 Satellite tuner
0688 Harman/Kardon surround sound system
0760 High gloss shadow line
0775 Headlining anthracite
07M9 Individual option high-gloss Shadow-Line
03M2 M SPORT BRAKE, RED HIGH-GLOSS

So, order placed 5 Oct, production week 49 assigned, 2 weeks ago went ot production, 2021-12-03 production is complete

Last edited by kolobok; 12-06-2021 at 09:19 AM.. Reason: timeline added
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #656
JJ 911SC
Crusty Old Navy Chief
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i, 1983 911SC

Garage List
Quote:
Lucky man, since I wrote that message I had a call (today) that my Tech pack is deleted off my order which is a deal breaker to me. Had to cancel the order
That sucks...
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 10:24 AM   #657
avi66
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sorry to hear that.

The whole purchasing and options roulette has been a complete nightmare.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 10:38 AM   #658
spangle1980
Deadly
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d BG LCI

Quote:
Oh shit - what was the order for?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 11:21 AM   #659
Leot93
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40d

Quote:
That’s really crap, sorry to hear, i have the tech pro pack on and haven’t heard of it dropping off the order yet - i am at status 112 with a build planned for the first week of Jan

To be honest, its the first time iv’e heard of spec dropping from UK orders. When did you place the order?

Like you, if spec drops off its a game changer and I’ll cancel the order.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #660
OppaDoggy
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i

I received a 7 digit “chassis number” or the final 7 digits of my VIN… not sure how I can decode this. Does anybody know? Thank you!
Appreciate 0