BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-18-2021, 10:09 PM   #155
foglem
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i; Porsche Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastginge View Post
I can't seem to get any audio on the channel H / line out to feed my subwoofer amp, everything's un-muted but still no audio.
What am I doing wrong?
Reading through this thread you’d have found it, but you likely need to add the source channels... 25% each for front left, right, rear left, and right...
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 10:54 PM   #156
Alex C.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Bmw X3 xdrive30i

Garage List
Hi, to those that have the match 7upbmw. I currently have the match pp86 and thinking on upgrading to the 7up. Reason being is I swapped my woofer out for focal isub bmw but I cant enough output from them. I sound treated the whole underseat enclosure and inside the vent in the siderail. My current amp only provides 70rms to each if the woofers. So question is your 7up amp make the underseat woofers loud enough?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 06:17 PM   #157
pierreye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 & G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex C. View Post
Hi, to those that have the match 7upbmw. I currently have the match pp86 and thinking on upgrading to the 7up. Reason being is I swapped my woofer out for focal isub bmw but I cant enough output from them. I sound treated the whole underseat enclosure and inside the vent in the siderail. My current amp only provides 70rms to each if the woofers. So question is your 7up amp make the underseat woofers loud enough?
UP7BMW had no problem pushing my underseat sub. Make sure you get 2 ohm subwoofer to maximize the wattage. If you use 4 ohm, the power output will be cut in half.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 05:56 PM   #158
VBdiver
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 Xdrive, 1999 Tacoma4x4

Match UP7BMW and a small powered sub

I got so tired of the lackluster X3 HIFI stereo . It sucked bad.
In my beater Tacoma I have a $150 JVC with 4 Polk 6" er's plus a Sound Ordinance 8" powered subwoofer that blows the BMW out!

So I bit the bullet and finally bought the AudioTech Fischer Match Up7BMW.
Well needless to say it was an improvement but not a $1,000 one by any means . I really didn't want a Sub in the back so I opted for the Match underseat sub replacements . They really hype those speakers . Another $400 ....meh , nothing burger .
I couldn't see at this point any real benefit at $1400!
The under seat subs are a royal pita to get out of their enclosures without damaging the factory 25watt speakers if I wanted to swap back (not happening).
At this point I'm all in and not quitting. What's another $200 at Crutchfield ? ( sub and cables etc ... ) I bought another Sound Ordinance 8" powered sub 125watt rms 250 max and temporary velcroed in the storage boot.
Huge difference !
Still needs some tweaking and for a small enclosure it's good enough for this old man . It will rattle the rear license plate with the right song but I'm not all about that . I just want some depth in my music . I bluetooth Pandora or my iTunes playlist via iPhone . No audiophile here really .
The one saving grace of the amp is the RCA out for a sub rather than jump off the underseat subs for a signal and run wires ( pita).
Another plus with the S.O. Sub is it's an in house Crutchfield designed/designated product with a 3 year warranty. The one in my Yota has held up at least that long .
more will be revealed hopefully with some guesswork with the DSP software for the amp . Unfortunately it's Windoze based software for a laptop . . Haven't found anyone locally that knows tuning DSP. Plenty of installers , posers.

note this is not a permanent set up . wasn't sure I would hear/feel it locked down back there . it will be much neater sans the painters tape
Attached Images

Last edited by VBdiver; 05-13-2021 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 2
Alias1431795.00
Douggie142.00
      07-15-2021, 02:26 PM   #159
wiz1der
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Hello, where can i find the attachments?

Thanks to all that share their custom profiles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreye View Post
Just uploaded the file. Remember to rename the file extension from pdf to afpx. Let me know what you think. I'm going to do a more thorough tuning when I had time to play with it.

The tuning file is modify from standard SUV profile. I measure the speaker location to driver seat (RHD), change the 4" speaker crossover from 125hz to 150hz with 24db/oct slope cause I think the tiny 4" speaker wouldn't play that low without distortion, change the subwoofer high pass to 30hz 24db/oct slope and increase the subwoofer gain by 6db. Also, reduce treble from 5khz to 20khz with shelf filter by 3db.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 02:55 PM   #160
dtox9
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 X5 F15

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBdiver View Post
At this point I'm all in and not quitting. What's another $200 at Crutchfield ? ( sub and cables etc ... ) I bought another Sound Ordinance 8" powered sub 125watt rms 250 max and temporary velcroed in the storage boot.
Huge difference !
How are you liking the Sound Ordinance 8 ?
Have you moved it around to different locations or upgraded to something different?
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 09:29 PM   #161
VBdiver
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox9 View Post
How are you liking the Sound Ordinance 8 ?
Have you moved it around to different locations or upgraded to something different?
It works better out of the storage area unfortunately.
I may try it behind the drivers seat on the floor or keep it in the back . I rarely have a passenger in the back seat and it's a pretty robust build so in a pinch someone could put their feet on it.
It works quite well in my beater Tacoma xtra cab.
Appreciate 1
dtox9336.00
      09-29-2021, 09:40 PM   #162
fmoran
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW X5

X5 (F15) Tune File

Does anyone have a tuned file that i can use on my X5? I have the hifi system with Match 7bmw amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2021, 12:23 AM   #163
MX330I
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 G01 X3 30i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmoran View Post
Does anyone have a tuned file that i can use on my X5? I have the hifi system with Match 7bmw amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I tried many different files and none of them was ideal, seemed to work at first, but the next morning sounded like sh*t. Returned the product. not being able to set up easily is its biggest disadvantage. You need special microphones and skills to adjust the audio. Even if you pay someone to do it, it still shouldn't be that difficult. Also, nonexistent customer service.
Appreciate 1
VBdiver11.00
      12-04-2021, 06:02 PM   #164
VBdiver
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

follow up on hifi stereo fix .
after a couple of adjustments to sub (gain , phase ) it found it's groove .
This is by no means a mind blowing experience but given the fact that Harmon Kardon has been taken off the table on new orders this is a viable option .
If I had to do this experiment all over I would definitely skip upgrading factory under seat subs .
If the bass gets to be too much I have the supplied sub controller 3m tape mounted next to the seat controls (pic #2)
The sub doesn't take up too much room . I have room for the aftermarket spare tire ...lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 11:52 AM   #165
GreenJustin
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 320i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBdiver View Post
follow up on hifi stereo fix .
after a couple of adjustments to sub (gain , phase ) it found it's groove .
This is by no means a mind blowing experience but given the fact that Harmon Kardon has been taken off the table on new orders this is a viable option .
If I had to do this experiment all over I would definitely skip upgrading factory under seat subs .
If the bass gets to be too much I have the supplied sub controller 3m tape mounted next to the seat controls (pic #2)
The sub doesn't take up too much room . I have room for the aftermarket spare tire ...lol
I like this setup!

I am looking for something to fill the lower end of bass. Background bass.

Would this work with the 676 hifi amp only, tap into the under seat subwoofer cable for signal? And connect a powered subwoofer system or shallow subwoofer and amp.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2022, 03:04 PM   #166
VBdiver
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJustin View Post
I like this setup!

I am looking for something to fill the lower end of bass. Background bass.

Would this work with the 676 hifi amp only, tap into the under seat subwoofer cable for signal? And connect a powered subwoofer system or shallow subwoofer and amp.

I would say yes . Take a look at the Sound Ordinance instructions on Crutchfield webpage .
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 04:06 AM   #167
Tobss
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW x-drive m-sport 2019

Hello

I recently installed the 7bmw into my hifi-system and WOW..

Yesterday I installed a external monoblock amp(Gas alpha 500.1) and a 12" sub(Gas alpha 112) in the trunk
BUT I just could NOT get any sound out of the subwoofer..

As I realised there is some settings that might have to be "activated" in the dsp-tool, right?

Is there anyone who also has installed external mono and subwoofer in the trunk and has made/found a good working setup-file
and would mind sharing it with me to try?

It is also interesting if someone would mind telling me what settings I need to configure to get some sound out of my external setup?
But as said, I would be more than excited if someone in here have installed a external subwoofer in their trunk and would consider sharing your file for me to try!

Best regards
Tobias

Last edited by Tobss; 01-24-2022 at 06:34 AM.. Reason: addition of information
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 06:40 PM   #168
x3jr
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i, F48 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobss View Post
Is there anyone who also has installed external mono and subwoofer in the trunk and has made/found a good working setup-file
and would mind sharing it with me to try?

It is also interesting if someone would mind telling me what settings I need to configure to get some sound out of my external setup?
But as said, I would be more than excited if someone in here have installed a external subwoofer in their trunk and would consider sharing your file for me to try!

Best regards
Tobias
I'd be happy to help you out! PM me your email address and I'll send the file over.
Appreciate 1
Tobss1.50
      01-25-2022, 01:26 AM   #169
Tobss
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3jr View Post
I'd be happy to help you out! PM me your email address and I'll send the file over.

That sounds great, BUT it seems like I can´t send you PM's tho..

Could you send me a PM or upload it and link here?

Best regards!

Last edited by Tobss; 01-25-2022 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: _
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 07:28 AM   #170
x3jr
Rep

Quote:
That sounds great, BUT it seems like I can´t send you PM's tho..

Could you send me a PM or upload it and link here?

Best regards!
Ah right I think you need to post 3 or 5 times or something before the forum lets you PM.

I tried uploading it to this post, just download the file and delete .pdf from the file type so it's .afpx, if that doesn't work we'll find another way.

Shoutout to foglem in this thread, it's his audio tune file!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf X3-sub-MATCHUP.afpx.pdf (2.5 KB, 256 views)
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 09:37 AM   #171
Tobss
Sweden
Rep

Thanks!

Will try this as soon as I quit my job in a few hours.

This file were based of with external amp and subwoofer in the trunk, right?

Thank you so far, will update here whether it works to load or not.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 09:55 AM   #172
x3jr
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

Will try this as soon as I quit my job in a few hours.

This file were based of with external amp and subwoofer in the trunk, right?

Thank you so far, will update here whether it works to load or not.
Yes, external amp and sub in trunk so you should be good to go.

Happy to help, hope it works!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 06:47 AM   #173
Tobss
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3jr View Post
Yes, external amp and sub in trunk so you should be good to go.

Happy to help, hope it works!

Just a curious question in addition,
Are you using stock hifi-speakers in the rest of your car or have you upgraded some of them aswell?

Didnt have time yesterday to try the file out, but will for sure today!

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 08:14 PM   #174
x3jr
Rep

Yup, all stock hi-fi speakers. Overall the tune file is very good but is a tad bass heavy for my taste, but not enough for me to go in and tweak it.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2022, 08:04 AM   #175
Rezinator
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335is

Match UP7

Got it figured out. Using Tronner’s “corrected distance” file.
Made a huge difference in sound with stock speakers.
Wish it sounded more analog than digital, I may play around with the settings a bit later, but now I can actually enjoy listening to music in my G01.

I did the full bavsound upgrade in my e92(all new speakers, subs with stock Logic7/HK amp) and that system sounds a little better to my ears, but I’m not willing to rip my doors and trim up just yet on the G01…

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this post, extremely helpful and informative!

Last edited by Rezinator; 10-20-2022 at 05:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2023, 04:13 AM   #176
FW01
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30i

Match UP 8DSP

After reading this thread and the other one regarding the RAM amp in the BMW sound system, I decided to order the Match UP 7BMW. Then I tried to order it through dealer in UK, and he told me that I shouldn't get the 7BMW. My car is 2022 ID7 Hi-Fi with 11 speakers and the RAM amp. He said I should go for Match UP 8DSP instead. Thus, I ordered the set of Match UP 8DSP + PP-BMW 1.7 RAM UP 8DSP Edition + MW6.3 wire kit。
It took 2+ weeks to ship.... guess it's the cheapest UPS plan.

Below is the set and the original RAM amp sitting in the trunk. I forgot to take a picture of the box with the harness and the cable.
https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/attac...1&d=1679044372
sorry for one picture, I'm still trying to figure out how to post here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0