BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-27-2015, 02:43 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post BMW M Performance exhaust system for BMW X4 with bluetooth remote

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW M Performance exhaust system for BMW X4 with bluetooth remote
COMMENTS
Name:  P90187029-highRes.jpg
Views: 11968
Size:  1.15 MB

BMW Press Release

August 27, 2015.
Superior power, impressive handling characteristics and a distinctively sporty design are the prominent features of the BMW X4. To enhance the character of this Sports Activity Coupe even more, BMW offers the M Performance valve exhaust silencer as an original accessory for the BMW X4 xDrive35i. This exclusive system with Bluetooth 4.0 remote control provides two operating modes to impressively intensify the sound of the six-cylinder power unit. In Sport mode, the BMW X4 sounds significantly more emotional than with the series trim, but without foregoing everyday suitability. In Track mode, which is exclusively for use on the racetrack, the system achieves its maximum performance-oriented sonority with the corresponding sound pressure, thus offering a particularly intensive driving experience. Each operating mode is displayed to the driver via an LED and activated by double clicking on the remote control.

The valve exhaust silencer sets distinctive accents in visual terms as well. The entire system is made from high-grade steel, is double-sided and boasts the trapeze-shaped tailpipe finishers we are familiar with from the BMW models featuring an eight-cylinder power unit. Finally, the system, which was developed in compliance with stringent BMW standards, fulfils the highest quality requirements also with regard to fit, dimensional accuracy and durability. In Sport mode, the M Performance valve exhaust silencer system is approved for operation on public roads.

Name:  P90187030-highRes.jpg
Views: 12507
Size:  965.4 KB

Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 04:41 AM   #2
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d

This is awesome.

Any pics or pricing?

I was able to find this...but not many details on availability, pricing.

http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1166374

Last edited by exilio; 08-27-2015 at 04:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 08:30 AM   #3
kevinlevrone
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

This sounds like a Chinese toy. A true system would have been integrated with the car's electronics and activated via the drive mode buttons, not have a Bluetooth remote.
Appreciate 4
      08-27-2015, 08:55 AM   #4
dharo1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Previous: F22 M235i ; F80 M3 ;

Where are the pictures or video?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 09:16 AM   #5
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharo1 View Post
Added to the original post.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 09:19 AM   #6
dharo1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Previous: F22 M235i ; F80 M3 ;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharo1 View Post
Added to the original post.
Much better, thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 09:46 AM   #7
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

LOL wuuuuuuuuut
      08-27-2015, 09:47 AM   #8
theblues
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MY14 328xi - Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlevrone View Post
This sounds like a Chinese toy. A true system would have been integrated with the car's electronics and activated via the drive mode buttons, not have a Bluetooth remote.
Agreed!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 10:04 AM   #9
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlevrone
Chinese toy...or Akra. Akra uses similar tech in very nearly all of their BMW M-car exhausts.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #10
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Much better than the standard one! 😊
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #11
ChrisNich117
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 F10 M5 Alpine White ZCP

Garage List
2009 e92 M3 coupe  [0.00]
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf
Quote:
Chinese toy...or Akra. Akra uses similar tech in very nearly all of their BMW M-car exhausts.
You're still referring to an aftermarket company. The point (which I can only guess) was that BMW should have integrated the system as an OEM part rather than something you would buy from a 3rd party. Maybe a sport exhaust button on the console like every other manufacturer has. Bmw also screwed up its outsourcing for the Akra M5/M6 exhausts since it's insane to pay 8k more for a better sounding car when it should have come standard. That's higher than Ferrari sport exhaust pricing lol. BMW took Audi's Quattro guy, they just need the AMG exhaust guy now.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 01:10 PM   #12
bclemans
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW M3 Competition

BMW, what a joke

LOL

How about adding some horsepower? Still outpoured by Audi SQ5, Porsche Macan S
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 03:04 PM   #13
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNich117
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf
Quote:
You're still referring to an aftermarket company. The point (which I can only guess) was that BMW should have integrated the system as an OEM part rather than something you would buy from a 3rd party. Maybe a sport exhaust button on the console like every other manufacturer has. Bmw also screwed up its outsourcing for the Akra M5/M6 exhausts since it's insane to pay 8k more for a better sounding car when it should have come standard. That's higher than Ferrari sport exhaust pricing lol. BMW took Audi's Quattro guy, they just need the AMG exhaust guy now.
This is such a niche product - why would BMW not use off the shelf tech?

Moreover, I wouldn't call this aftermarket anymore than the Bosch engine injectors and Michelin tires that came with the car. Akra or Eeissman likely make this as it's their specialty. Simply, they're sub contractors, some of the best ones in the business.

A small subset of M3/M5 customers will always want a louder, considerably more expensive titanium exhaust. Forcing all M3/5 buyers to pay more (titanium isn't easy to work with) to satisfy that small subset is nonsense.

It's likely that G01 has integrated exhaust valving (at least on the X3/4 M)...but the F25 is going on 5 years. We should applaud BMW for even considering supporting this platform in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 03:25 PM   #14
gamechanger
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x

As usual, no love for the X4 xDrive28i
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 09:32 PM   #15
DCG
REBEL
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemans
LOL

How about adding some horsepower? Still outpoured by Audi SQ5, Porsche Macan S
Yes, it is time for a true X4M! Bring it on!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 10:03 PM   #16
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d

Not sure but could BMW be waiting for 2017 X3 update? Might be odd to develop M bits for an outgoing style. Then again they announced the fake exhaust kit for the X4 recently...sooo... Who knows?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 12:44 AM   #17
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Finally the full resolution picture of the x4 with this new exhaust has been released. It was posted on Instagram already a year ago, but I never had access to the Full Res one. I only could see the tiny pic on Google Image result.

It looks nice, I would have liked to have a video, so we could hear the sound too, and make an idea vs stock exhaust. Unfortunately it seems that once the new exhaust is installed, it is not possible to install back the stock one after a few years.

For power upgrades, you should wait IAA. If you goes on bmw.de you will notice that X4 price list and accessories are valid until 8/15. Maybe the Power Kit will be added on the new lists. Don't except to much more power outpout. On the X5/X6 the 35i engines with Power Kit get only 326Hp.

Proper M X4, as informed here many times, no Proper M X4 on this generation. At the end of the year of begining of next year will come the X4 M40i (not a real M model, but something between), and should have the same engine as the M2. That will be plenty enough to compete against the Macam.

Sank
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 03:17 AM   #18
Tjalle
Major
Rep
Drives: X4 35i

Sank: personally I don`t need more power- with the 8-speed and (manually) the right gear, it is all what I need for overtaking.
After lowering, when I got the looks and handling performance I expected, it is just the exhaust that is bothering me.

With the M Performance exhaust, I hope to get slightly more aggressive sound in legal mode- I believe we share the opinion that the looks are much better.

The fact that it is not possible to reinstall the old exhaust is a marginal problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 05:45 AM   #19
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

Hi Tjalle,

Nice to read you.

well sometimes on the highway while driving at 100-120km/h a stronger acceleration when you push the gas pedal would be LIKEABLE

A bit off topic: I tested two weeks ago for the 1st time the launch control If you find the acceleration from 0 km/h of the 35i in Sport+ a little bit weak, then try the Launch Countrol mode. The blood in my head did not managed it and i needed to take away my right foot at 60km/h. However I did not see the Flag that is supposed to display. Well compared to normal acceleration in sport+ mode, it is night and day.

Back to topic:
Yes I met my dealer 10 days ago. I told him how I enjoy my car. However I said to him that the engine sound was almost not noticeable. In this regards more like in a 5 serie than in a sport car. I would not mind to have sometimes more engine's sound presence. Even my ex X3 35i had a more sporty sound. I m already thinking at using the Track mode every morning I leave my appartment
- BMW : we have put a track mode but please don't use it on legal Streets.
- Me : yes tell me don't do that, and I will do the opposite (yes children brain)

Well I will sell my X4 in two years, so if it is possible to reinstall the original exhaust system I will keep the piece somewhere. You never know who will buy the car, and if they like better the stock exhaust or the M Performance one.

Cheers

sank
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 01:12 PM   #20
PARTS@STBMW
Rep

Awesome!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 02:06 PM   #21
BMW GENIUS
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M235i 6MT

What the hell does this do that the "Sport" button doesn't already do? Is this really necessary?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 04:08 PM   #22
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep

If you accelerate from stand still in sport or sport+, the car starts at 800 tr/min. Using launch control the car revs higher than 2'000 tr/min. It is like roller coaster MODE ON.
Just try )
Appreciate 0