BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-28-2014, 12:34 PM   #1189
TonyX3driver
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 (2011), X5 F15 (2017)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
PM sent.
Thakn you shawn.
Will inform you guys about the result on my car.
Hope i will not brick it.....

BTW- is here somebody who experience any anomalies after coding??

regards to all BMW fans! Tony
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 05:00 PM   #1190
cjban
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30i 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcpop View Post
Installing E-sys on a new PC I got empty list

What could be wrong ?

Thanks

Hi abcpop,

Did you figure out the issue? I am having the same issue and I have set up psdzdata as per instructions - not sure what I am doing wrong..

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2014, 07:07 PM   #1191
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjban View Post
Hi abcpop,

Did you figure out the issue? I am having the same issue and I have set up psdzdata as per instructions - not sure what I am doing wrong..

Thanks.
If the "Open Connection" window under "Target" is empty (no targets), verify the following:
  1. That the "psdzdata" folder is installed properly (From the PSdZData_Lite or PSdZData_Full extraction, copy the "psdzdata" folder to "C:\Data\" (i.e. "C:\Data\psdzdata")
  2. That the psdzdata chassis folders each have an empty "dist" folder. Make sure that there is an empty "dist" folder in each of the psdzdata chassis folders, and if missing, create as needed, e.g.:
    • C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries\F001\F001_xx_xx_xxx\od x\dist
    • C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries\F010\F010_xx_xx_xxx\od x\dist
    • C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries\F020\F020_xx_xx_xxx\od x\dist
    • C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries\F025\F025_xx_xx_xxx\od x\dist
    • C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries\F056\F056_xx_xx_xxx\od x\dist
    • C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries\I001\I001_xx_xx_xxx\od x\dist
    • C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries\K001\K001_xx_xx_xxx\od x\dist
    • C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries\KE01\KE01_xx_xx_xxx\od x\dist
    • C:\Data\psdzdata\mainseries\RR01\RR01_xx_xx_xxx\od x\dist
  3. The the E-Sys "Options" => "Settings" => "Directories => Data: path" is set properly (e.g. "C:\Data")

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #1192
TonyX3driver
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 (2011), X5 F15 (2017)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drodnyc View Post
guys, can someone tell me what the enhanced bluetooth coding does? also, the sport + added?

i coded almost everything i could think of but wasn't sure about these two.

sorry if i missed reading it on an older post.
what year is your X3?
mine is 2011 and I have 3 modes to select- Normal, Sport, Sport+
My friend's 2013 has EcoPro, Normal, Sport. As he said, EcoPro usable for pensioneer only, not why we bought beamer...
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #1193
gc3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 x35i

Enhanced Bluetooth will get you the full BMW Office functionality...
      12-02-2014, 06:23 AM   #1194
jeschiotz
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Hi Shawn, can you also pls point me to the latest Esys software and psdzdata?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 07:13 AM   #1195
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschiotz View Post
Hi Shawn, can you also pls point me to the latest Esys software and psdzdata?
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #1196
m3.nasr
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Need help with coding F25 X3...EPS stopped working

So I was coding a buddy's F25 X3 with a refurbished EPS unit. All was working and car was driving except it did not have CAFD values inputted for the EPS unit. I went to code in the CAFD values for the EPS ECU but I mistakingly entered the wrong values and it accepted it, but now the EPS unit stopped working and car only drives now with rough physical manual effort. Current Integration I-Step is (F025-13-11-502). I've since gone back in to re-code in the correct CAFD values for the EPS and it is saving the correct EPS values, but its still not working. Is there any way to fix this situation?
Any help would be appreciated. April1 or shawn, anyone?? Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #1197
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3.nasr View Post
So I was coding a buddy's F25 X3 with a refurbished EPS unit. All was working and car was driving except it did not have CAFD values inputted for the EPS unit. I went to code in the CAFD values for the EPS ECU but I mistakingly entered the wrong values and it accepted it, but now the EPS unit stopped working and car only drives now with rough physical manual effort. Current Integration I-Step is (F025-13-11-502). I've since gone back in to re-code in the correct CAFD values for the EPS and it is saving the correct EPS values, but its still not working. Is there any way to fix this situation?
Any help would be appreciated. April1 or shawn, anyone?? Thanks guys.
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on EPS => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level shown => Select OK => Right-Click on EPS (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2014, 08:16 PM   #1198
drodnyc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7

my god, so many pages to thumb through. i have a question, and i promise to keep it simple.

first, thanks to everyone for providing great info. after reading most of it i decided to jump into the coding game head first. i picked up the cable, downloaded the software & purchased a token and immediately went to work.

i have since coded almost everything you can code on my 14 X3. one thing i can't do, and may never do with coding, is to get video playback on ipod/iphone w/o the media snap in adapter. I have an iphone 6 so buying one is not really an option. i am now using my trusty 160gig ipod classic for storing music and movies.

I can obviously play music via the usb but can't play video for the life of me.

I believe I have activated (or should I say Aktiv) everything that could or should be active. When connected, i can look up the movie list in idrive, I can select it for play, and it does play but only sound comes out. there must be a setting somewhere that will allow it to transmit video. can someone help?

btw, i tested a Samsung Galaxy S5 and when connected to the usb i can play both music and videos/movies with no problem.

comments???
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #1199
xdriv3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Guys, I just read the first post of this thread. After doing the initial factory setting back up... in the later steps, it was mentioned that after eat FDL code, the CAFD file should be backed up again. Am I reading it correctly? Are you just backing up that one particular file, or are you backing up the whole system with that single code change in place now? Just confused.

My thinking was to just do the factory back up. Code one item and then test. And then move on to the next code if sucessful. Can't really see the purpose behind backing up after each and every single change.

Can someone clarify?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #1200
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriv3 View Post
Guys, I just read the first post of this thread. After doing the initial factory setting back up... in the later steps, it was mentioned that after eat FDL code, the CAFD file should be backed up again. Am I reading it correctly? Are you just backing up that one particular file, or are you backing up the whole system with that single code change in place now? Just confused.

My thinking was to just do the factory back up. Code one item and then test. And then move on to the next code if sucessful. Can't really see the purpose behind backing up after each and every single change.

Can someone clarify?

Thanks!
There is no need to back up any coding data as far as I am concerned. You can easily restore the ECU to it's normal coding simply by VO Coding it.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 07:10 PM   #1201
drodnyc
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X7

interesting.. how do you VO code it back to factory default?

i kind of lost track of all the changes i've made. everything works, but i'm concerned that maybe i may have to do a restore later in the future.

do you guys restore before bringing it in for service? if not, has the service center noticed and/or gave a sh##$?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #1202
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by drodnyc View Post
interesting.. how do you VO code it back to factory default?

i kind of lost track of all the changes i've made. everything works, but i'm concerned that maybe i may have to do a restore later in the future.

do you guys restore before bringing it in for service? if not, has the service center noticed and/or gave a sh##$?
Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Right-Click on ECU (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE.

I don't worry about dealer service. They don't care if car is coded.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 07:48 PM   #1203
xdriv3
Private
Rep
Drives: X3

Anyone coded a 2015 X3 yet? Can't imagine it being any different from a 2014.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2014, 08:05 PM   #1204
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdriv3 View Post
Anyone coded a 2015 X3 yet? Can't imagine it being any different from a 2014.
It's not.

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #1205
murrr77
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 xDrive28i

Hi Shawn, will you please send me a link to the software for a 2012 f25?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 03:30 PM   #1206
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrr77 View Post
Hi Shawn, will you please send me a link to the software for a 2012 f25?

Thank you!
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #1207
murrr77
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 xDrive28i

First, thank you to Shawn and all the others here for all your hard work and continued attention to this. I just got done coding several things on my 2012, a few of which were always very frustrating! (most of all the TPMS display!)

I coded:
-Unlock all doors with engine off
-Electronics off when door opened
-Close mirrors/windows/sunroof from FOB
-Added low beam headlights and fog lights to my welcome lights
-Close trunk from FoB and Kick panel
-Enable sports display
Enable full text lines
-Add Temp/PSI to tire screen
-Remove legal disclaimers
-Show digital speed in cluster

A few questions:
-I did search through and it seems there is no way to "auto fold mirrors on turn off", if this isn't true, please let me know, I always fold them so this would be handy
-I couldn't find VOLUME_POPUP_DISPLAY to show the volume on the display, would it be under a different name?
-I did enable SPEECH_2_TEXT but still am not able to speak emails or texts, I must not have the appropriate hardware. I didn't end up "decoding" this, I'm assuming I can leave it and it won't matter since it doesn't do anything for me.
-the sport display, while neat, doesn't look very accurate. I goosed it a little and it went up to 400 ft-lbs. Now, while I do wish I had that kind of go, I know my 28i does not.
-Is there a way to have the seat belt chime shut off after a certain amount of time? It seems to just keep going. I don't want to completely disable it for when I do have passengers, but when my dog rides on the front seat I'd like to have it stop after a few chimes.
-Is there a way to have the RDS song info scroll through when on the radio screen without going right clicking on each station? I do not have Nav, just the small screen.
-I can already stream bluetooth audio via my cell phone to the car, will going in and enabling enhanced bluetooth add anything?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 03:41 PM   #1208
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrr77 View Post
A few questions:
-I did search through and it seems there is no way to "auto fold mirrors on turn off", if this isn't true, please let me know, I always fold them so this would be handy
-I couldn't find VOLUME_POPUP_DISPLAY to show the volume on the display, would it be under a different name?
-I did enable SPEECH_2_TEXT but still am not able to speak emails or texts, I must not have the appropriate hardware. I didn't end up "decoding" this, I'm assuming I can leave it and it won't matter since it doesn't do anything for me.
-the sport display, while neat, doesn't look very accurate. I goosed it a little and it went up to 400 ft-lbs. Now, while I do wish I had that kind of go, I know my 28i does not.
-Is there a way to have the seat belt chime shut off after a certain amount of time? It seems to just keep going. I don't want to completely disable it for when I do have passengers, but when my dog rides on the front seat I'd like to have it stop after a few chimes.
-Is there a way to have the RDS song info scroll through when on the radio screen without going right clicking on each station? I do not have Nav, just the small screen.
-I can already stream bluetooth audio via my cell phone to the car, will going in and enabling enhanced bluetooth add anything?
Mirror folding is only possible via the Fob or Comfort Access. The is no way to connect it to shutting the motor off or putting the car in park.

VOLUME_POPUP_DISPLAY requires 609 Navigation Professional with new NBT Head Unit and with at least 50.4 firmware.

SPEECH_2_TEXT requires 609 Navigation Professional with new NBT Head Unit, and a 9F FSC Code, and it is a subscription service via Nuance's Dragon Drive:

http://www.nuance.com/for-individual.../bmw/index.htm

To change the duration of the seat belt warnings, try coding thees:

ACSM => GWF_IW_DAUER = Werte As Desired
ACSM => GWF_SBR_WARNDAUER - Werte As Desired

The count is in 0.5s steps (i.e. 0C HEX = 12 Decimal x .5s = 6s).

You cannot change RDS display.

If you can stream Bluetooth Audio in a 2012 build, it seems you already have Enhanced Bluetooth. What is your Bluetooth Option code?

Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 11:56 AM   #1209
shaneseven
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW x3 28d

Hi Shawn, can please send me a link to the latest Esys software and psdzdata?
Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2014, 11:58 AM   #1210
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneseven View Post
Hi Shawn, can please send me a link to the latest Esys software and psdzdata?
Thanks,
PM sent.

Appreciate 0