BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-06-2018, 09:28 AM   #1
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

Window motor, regulator, or both?

So for maybe the past couple months, my right rear passenger window has been a real douche! I bought this car used 10 months ago and sometime in May the regulator clip snapped. No big deal, change it and it's all good. Well, I bought an aftermarket, yeah I know, but hey, sometimes a guy has to be frugal. Anyways, I install it fine and three days later, "SNAP!". What the ….?! So I contact the seller, and tell them that was some defective shit they sent me, I need another one and they agree, but I've gotta wait like a week....crap. I still had my old regulator and scrounged up a clip that I had and replaced it, installed again and it was working fine....for a while, even beyond receiving the new regulator. Anyways, I knew I was living on borrowed time and it broke like a week ago, "Meh", I knew THAT was going to happen.

Ok, so time for the second new regulator, "alright" I say, "this should fix it". Bam! worked great, for a week. The darned thing just broke again. MOTHER$@&%!!! I'm at a loss. I've done other windows on my X3 before and on my 325i, this isn't my first rodeo. I always set both the motor and window in the down position BEFORE everything goes in. Install regulator -> mount window in clip -> lower regulator/window in "down" position -> ensure motor is set in "down" position -> install motor -> FIXED! But nope, not this time and I'm just at wit's end at this point. The regulator's suspect, it's aftermarket, I get it, but I've used aftermarkets before with great success, but then I wonder if it's possibly the window motor itself? Perhaps it's going beyond what it needs to when it winds? If any of you have experienced this very problem, PLEASE, chime in and let me know what the heck's going on. I've been in and out of that door so many times I can do it blindfolded now, but I just want to change it one last time and be done with it. HELP ME PLEASE?!!! Thanks for reading this all, I really do appreciate any help you can provide.

Last edited by techietaichi; 08-06-2018 at 12:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #2
echo9zero
Formerly known as "techietaichi"
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 Pre-LCI 325i

Dang, a whole day and zip? Nobody?
Appreciate 0