BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-17-2023, 11:40 PM   #45
Stlthnmrdrd
1-800-STOCKAF
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30 520i (Stock)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad430benz View Post
I hear what you're saying about the engineering that goes into an exhaust but everyone keeps saying that the Valvetronic and the Alibaba are the same but they are not . Most exhausts for a platform are going to be very similar because they can only work with the room they have underneath . Can someone post up a side by side picture of the Alibaba and the Valvetronic and show me where the 2 are the same ? No matter what has happened in the past , from what I have seen from owning the Valvetronic personally and seeing pictures of the Alibaba , the piping is quite different in multiple locations on the exhaust .
Its exactly the same. Look at carbahn's and tell me it doesnt look like Valvetronic lmao. The welds, the muffler box, the way the pipes are heated to blue or orange color and the pattern of all the colors. The only difference is the piping layout for equal length models and the valve motor (which you can easily ask for a electric motor)
      12-18-2023, 09:02 AM   #46
hybridel
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Brooklyn Grey X3MC

For anyone still in denial about valvetronic, here's the proof.

They're buying $600 exhausts, and marking them up to $4500 😂
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
      12-18-2023, 11:33 AM   #47
TacosRule!
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridel View Post

Awesome find! Thanks for sharing
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 12:08 PM   #48
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

They even advertise it as such.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 12:18 PM   #49
kidxin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Quote:

bad430benz
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2023, 12:52 PM   #50
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
lol as an importer I've been saying this for years, I'm the agent sometimes when these guys are looking...Chinese speaking white guy. If y'all need help, DM me.
Appreciate 4
      12-18-2023, 01:49 PM   #51
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
lol as an importer I've been saying this for years, I'm the agent sometimes when these guys are looking...Chinese speaking white guy. If y'all need help, DM me.

Appreciate the offer, will certainly do

Appreciate 1
thestimp975.00
      12-19-2023, 10:46 AM   #52
bad430benz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:

You are definitely showing proof that they purchase stuff overseas but what exactly are they purchasing and at what cost ? I would be willing to guess that 90% of the automotive companies that sell something that contains more than 1 part outsource some of the items involved .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosRule! View Post
They even advertise it as such.
You can't compare what some overseas companies title their stuff to what a company here is named . Even Vivid Racing is putting the word "valvetronic" in their descriptions . You can't tell me these are Valvetronic's exhausts......

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...67974147114583

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...67256813103685

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...46233550501874
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 10:49 AM   #53
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
You are definitely showing proof that they purchase stuff overseas but what exactly are they purchasing and at what cost ? I would be willing to guess that 90% of the automotive companies that sell something that contains more than 1 part outsource some of the items involved .

You can't compare what some overseas companies title their stuff to what a company here is named . Even Vivid Racing is putting the word "valvetronic" in their descriptions . You can't tell me these are Valvetronic's exhausts......

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...67974147114583

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...67256813103685

https://www.google.com/search?sca_es...46233550501874

Oh, CBNT. LOL, I emailed them just for shits and giggles and they definitely are the chinesium crap company we all come to expect from ali
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 11:36 AM   #54
bad430benz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Oh, CBNT. LOL, I emailed them just for shits and giggles and they definitely are the chinesium crap company we all come to expect from ali
I know that but people are claiming because they say "valvetronic" , it pertains to the company Valvetronic and it doesn't .

I'm not saying anyone needs to like Valvetronic (the company) but they also don't need to bash a company for what they do . You don't like it , don't buy it !

I also read that the Valvetronic exhaust and the Alibaba style exhausts look identical ??? Someone post up a side by side and show me where they are the same .
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 11:53 AM   #55
bad430benz
Private First Class
Rep

Nevermind....I got it .

Here are the two in which I circled the differences on the "other" brand . You could be a naked mole rat and see the differences . I guess other than what I circled , they are identical

Like I said , I have no skin in the game as I never even installed their exhaust . To me , everyone is just jumping on the bandwagon to bash a company that they have no dealings with .
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 11:58 AM   #56
hybridel
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

bad430benz

I have literally had a conversation with a sales rep from JTLD about Valvetronic, that is where they are getting their products from.

Valvetronic's marketing really worked on you lol
Nothing about that company is special, it's a $600 exhaust that they've tackwelded a nameplate onto.
Appreciate 2
      12-19-2023, 12:57 PM   #57
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
bad430benz

I have literally had a conversation with a sales rep from JTLD about Valvetronic, that is where they are getting their products from.

Nothing about that company is special, it's a $600 exhaust that they've tackwelded a nameplate onto.

I think JTLD has an option to put a custom emblem or something on it. You could very easily tell them to weld the same plate as the reseller and tada! you have an "authentic" valvetronics or carban or whatever exhaust for a fraction of the price.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 02:28 PM   #58
bad430benz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
bad430benz

Nothing "really worked" on me as I chose the Valvetronic instead of the Alibaba because that's just what I wanted to do . Let's just call it my own piece of mind .

Quote:
I think JTLD has an option to put a custom emblem or something on it. You could very easily tell them to weld the same plate as the reseller and tada! you have an "authentic" valvetronics or carban or whatever exhaust for a fraction of the price.
So because I can slap a custom nameplate on it with whatever name doesn't mean it's the same .

I put up 2 pictures for comparison to show that the Valvetronic and the competitors exhaust are not the same . So Valvetronic buys their stuff from JTLD Nobody can say that they are the same .

HRE sells their flow formed wheels with their name on it and they are not made by HRE . People buy it because of the name .
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 04:29 PM   #59
kidxin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
So because I can slap a custom nameplate on it with whatever name doesn't mean it's the same .

I put up 2 pictures for comparison to show that the Valvetronic and the competitors exhaust are not the same . So Valvetronic buys their stuff from JTLD Nobody can say that they are the same .

HRE sells their flow formed wheels with their name on it and they are not made by HRE . People buy it because of the name .
Okay, this is version 1 of X3M exhaust from valvetronics. This is before they made a single midpipe. The only difference here is the resonator, but you can clearly tell it’s the same muffler same pipes. People have said JTLD is their supplier in other forums and now it’s been proven by the screen shot above. No one’s bashing on the exhaust it sounds good. Now with the company, no one would flame valvetronics and matter in fact everyone will still be buying their stuff unless they knew who made it. Alibaba 😂
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 04:36 PM   #60
hybridel
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Nobody is bashing JTLD or Chinese producers, it's been proven their stuff is legit.

I get it, you're trying to justify your purchase, but you got ripped off.

With their bulk pricing, they're probably getting them for $450 and selling them for $4500 😂😂

Could have went straight to the source and got the exact same thing for $600.

If you want to keep telling yourself that the stuff valvetronic sells is different, go for it.
But you're wrong.
Appreciate 3
      12-19-2023, 04:42 PM   #61
kidxin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Nevermind....I got it .

Here are the two in which I circled the differences on the "other" brand . You could be a naked mole rat and see the differences . I guess other than what I circled , they are identical

Like I said , I have no skin in the game as I never even installed their exhaust . To me , everyone is just jumping on the bandwagon to bash a company that they have no dealings with .
Also you used the wrong exhaust you compared a titanium (carbann) to a stainless steel (valvetronic). But this is the titanium one (valvetronic). That would be the right exhaust. What’s difference here the tips, different $2 clamps and a logo. 90% the same.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
hybridel126.00
      12-19-2023, 05:49 PM   #62
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidxin View Post
Also you used the wrong exhaust you compared a titanium (carbann) to a stainless steel (valvetronic). But this is the titanium one (valvetronic). That would be the right exhaust. What’s difference here the tips, different $2 clamps and a logo. 90% the same.
"bruh the welds" is usually what people say, its metal that carries exhaust, not advanced science. There are some that are sleek and cool, but end all be all, its an exhaust tube, the muffler and resonator size and placement is more critical, but if they just pipe it, I have no sympathy. We made an exhaust once that made cars sound like v10 supercars because it had a resonance chamber to mimic high pitched rumbling coolest shit ever. Took us about a week and simple welding.
Appreciate 3
      12-19-2023, 07:39 PM   #63
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
"bruh the welds" is usually what people say, its metal that carries exhaust, not advanced science. There are some that are sleek and cool, but end all be all, its an exhaust tube, the muffler and resonator size and placement is more critical, but if they just pipe it, I have no sympathy. We made an exhaust once that made cars sound like v10 supercars because it had a resonance chamber to mimic high pitched rumbling coolest shit ever. Took us about a week and simple welding.

Something like this?

LMAO
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 09:21 PM   #64
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Something like this?

LMAO
Well they cheated they had a v12! But yes, we basically made it sound like a trombone/trumpet but to get the sound we had to restriction it so much it almost killed the engine lol. I'll tr and find a video somewhere, but think LFA sound mixed with a honda civic fart can.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2023, 09:46 PM   #65
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
think LFA sound mixed with a honda civic fart can.
dafuq lmao im morbidly curious now, you gotta post it.

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 10:07 AM   #66
bad430benz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Nobody is bashing JTLD or Chinese producers, it's been proven their stuff is legit.

I get it, you're trying to justify your purchase, but you got ripped off.

With their bulk pricing, they're probably getting them for $450 and selling them for $4500 😂😂

Could have went straight to the source and got the exact same thing for $600.

If you want to keep telling yourself that the stuff valvetronic sells is different, go for it.
But you're wrong.
First off , I never bashed JTLD or said anything negative about any Chinese companies so not sure why you start off with that ??

I purchased the stainless and not titanium so I think I got a good deal on what I bought . No , it wasn't $450 but it was no where near your $4500 price tag .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidxin View Post
You know it doesn't make pipes bend different or create a whole different exhaust between stainless and titanium ? The design remains the same even if they were made with paper mache . I posted and circled the differences between the two . I will leave it with this..........

Anyone want to show me where the 2 different exhausts are identical and disprove the circled differences I posted ?

Next question I have is what did everyone else pay for their Alibaba exhaust ?
Appreciate 0