BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-20-2024, 04:39 PM   #1
Vettethret
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X4M Comp

Local dealer screwing me?

I'm not sure if I'm being a Karen, but it feels like Im possibly being fingered here.

I have about 16k miles on my Vossens. They started out on my X3M Comp, NEVER had sensor issues. Now they are on my X4M Comp. I got a rear drivers side puncture and put it some fix a flat. 2 weeks later the TPMS sensor went off. The tires were getting bald so I replaced them with Discount Tire. I figured it was the flix a flat that caused the issue, so I bought the rear sensor and had them flash it, the TMPS light never went off, after being reset numerous times.

My nav screen went black last week so I dropped it off today for that and the TPMS. There was a B7F8F9 Code that showed for the dash that they addressed. The dealer wants to charge $597 to replace the two rear sensors (One of which is new), because the RDC Module is not receiving a signal with the either of the rear sensors. Does the The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act dictate they have to prove the aftermarket wheels have somehow caused this? (Don't know how that would be possible). Looking for opinions?

21X10 21X11.5 Vossen HF5, 285/325 MPSS, H&R springs, 11mm Spacers, RK Tunes intake, Armorextend AE Design Carbon Fiber Front Lip, Rachip GTS Black with XLR, ALi Baba cat back, Carbon interior...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 05:34 PM   #2
95wildtt
Need mo $$s
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettethret View Post
I'm not sure if I'm being a Karen, but it feels like Im possibly being fingered here.

I have about 16k miles on my Vossens. They started out on my X3M Comp, NEVER had sensor issues. Now they are on my X4M Comp. I got a rear drivers side puncture and put it some fix a flat. 2 weeks later the TPMS sensor went off. The tires were getting bald so I replaced them with Discount Tire. I figured it was the flix a flat that caused the issue, so I bought the rear sensor and had them flash it, the TMPS light never went off, after being reset numerous times.

My nav screen went black last week so I dropped it off today for that and the TPMS. There was a B7F8F9 Code that showed for the dash that they addressed. The dealer wants to charge $597 to replace the two rear sensors (One of which is new), because the RDC Module is not receiving a signal with the either of the rear sensors. Does the The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act dictate they have to prove the aftermarket wheels have somehow caused this? (Don't know how that would be possible). Looking for opinions?
Sounds like stealership 101 behavior to me...
Why would the Vossens cause this #1, and why only on the rears #2?
Are they replacing the RDC Module, the sensors, or both?
Past: 2020 X3M, 2019 TTS, 2008 X5 4.8 M Sport
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 05:36 PM   #3
Vettethret
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wildtt View Post
Sounds like stealership 101 behavior to me...
Why would the Vossens cause this #1, and why only on the rears #2?
Are they replacing the RDC Module, the sensors, or both?
They want $597 to replace the 2 rear sensors and reprogram (Which of course I will never do).

21X10 21X11.5 Vossen HF5, 285/325 MPSS, H&R springs, 11mm Spacers, RK Tunes intake, Armorextend AE Design Carbon Fiber Front Lip, Rachip GTS Black with XLR, ALi Baba cat back, Carbon interior...
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2024, 05:38 PM   #4
Potatohead-M2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Can you see them TPMS info on the dash? If so, rotate the tires and see if the problem corners move. If so the problem is almost certainly the sensors. You should be able to get some from Discount or whatever for much better price.
Appreciate 1
95wildtt832.50
      02-21-2024, 03:23 PM   #5
JABCAT
Professor
Rep
Drives: '23 M2 & '22 X3 M Competition

Discount tire can tell you if the sensors are active/working. The aftermarket wheels have nothing to do with the TPMS function. I will say the dealer I previously used for service told me TPMS were not covered under warranty. They also destroyed my tire when removing it and the TPMS. Needless to say I found a new dealer for service.

His: '23 M2, Toronto Red Metallic, M highlight interior, carbon fiber interior trim, shadowline, lighting pkg, auto cruise, live cockpit pro.
Appreciate 2
95wildtt832.50
      02-23-2024, 10:23 AM   #6
CenCal X3M Comp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3M Comp

Garage List
2018 BMW M4  [0.00]
Are the sensors aftermarket?
Appreciate 0