BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-09-2022, 08:33 PM   #23
AlekSC
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E44 View Post
Nope, Aliexpress is more of a direct to consumer style website
Do they have other pieces, not just the center console? Can you give us a link to that AliExpress seller, please?
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 09:55 PM   #24
bqlee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

Going to try to get a refund from rgsport. I paid with paypal so hopefully i get some buyers protection.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2022, 01:45 AM   #25
Rikes
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G02 X4 M40i Carbon Black

Quote:
Nope, Aliexpress is more of a direct to consumer style website (similar to amazon)so no brokerage fees, only paid taxes + shipping, plus you can always negotiate with the seller for a lower price and/or partial/full refunds if the parts are not to standard.

Try getting a refund from autotechnik if the parts are not up to standard. They worked with me when i purchased their CF mirror caps and returned due to quality issues.

here are more photos of the general fitment.
Do you have a link for the buyer you bought these from?
Yours seem to fit quite well
      09-10-2022, 02:18 AM   #26
Shaun170
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i LCI

Garage List
2006 Ducati 749  [10.00]
2022 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bqlee View Post
here are the pics for right passenger rear door. I didn't take any pics for the front passenger door since surprisingly, this one fits the best.
Your right rear door overlays clearly aren’t great but the rest of it doesn’t look too bad.

I think it’s important to remember that Autotechnik, and the like don’t make these trims or have a specific manufacture to make it exclusively for them. They just buy in bulk for a better price from either AliExpress or Alibaba and then sell it on at an increased middle man price. It’s the same Chinese trim basically and there will be fitment issues as it’s not OEM quality which is what you pay for with OEM.

I purchased an OEM carbon steering wheel trim from my local main stealers. It was hundreds of pounds more expensive than the AE equivalent but I wanted it to fit perfectly (which it does) as it would bug me like crazy if I had to look at poor fitment every time I got behind the wheel.

It comes down to how fussy you are and how much your willing to pay.
2022 X3 M40i LCI. Brooklyn Grey Metallic. Driving Assistant Professional. Black with Blue Stitching Vernasca Leather M Seats. Comfort Pack. Pano Roof. Carbon Fibre Interior Trim, inc. seat backs. 21” 718 Alloys. Blue M Sport Callipers. Anniversary badges. Floating centre caps. Performance flow through rear spoiler. Front splitter. Carbon mirror caps. OEM carbon steering wheel trim. G80 carbon paddle shifters.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2022, 01:30 PM   #27
Nssmith1056
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 m40i

I'm interested in the link for the Ali express ones you used as well. Please post if you don't mind. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2022, 01:26 PM   #28
E44
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikes View Post
Quote:
Nope, Aliexpress is more of a direct to consumer style website (similar to amazon)so no brokerage fees, only paid taxes + shipping, plus you can always negotiate with the seller for a lower price and/or partial/full refunds if the parts are not to standard.

Try getting a refund from autotechnik if the parts are not up to standard. They worked with me when i purchased their CF mirror caps and returned due to quality issues.

here are more photos of the general fitment.
Do you have a link for the buyer you bought these from?
Yours seem to fit quite well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssmith1056 View Post
I'm interested in the link for the Ali express ones you used as well. Please post if you don't mind. Thank you!

Here is the link to where I purchased from.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKJDFMg
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2022, 03:28 PM   #29
bqlee
Enlisted Member
Rep

Sooo... I managed to return the Autotecknic trims and purchased a set of oem from eBay. Got it for about $900. They look awesome and fit perfectly
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Shaun1701069.50
      09-30-2022, 10:25 PM   #30
suby01
Cowboy Astronaut Millionaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun170 View Post
Quote:
here are the pics for right passenger rear door. I didn't take any pics for the front passenger door since surprisingly, this one fits the best.
Your right rear door overlays clearly aren’t great but the rest of it doesn’t look too bad.

I think it’s important to remember that Autotechnik, and the like don’t make these trims or have a specific manufacture to make it exclusively for them. They just buy in bulk for a better price from either AliExpress or Alibaba and then sell it on at an increased middle man price. It’s the same Chinese trim basically and there will be fitment issues as it’s not OEM quality which is what you pay for with OEM.

I purchased an OEM carbon steering wheel trim from my local main stealers. It was hundreds of pounds more expensive than the AE equivalent but I wanted it to fit perfectly (which it does) as it would bug me like crazy if I had to look at poor fitment every time I got behind the wheel.

It comes down to how fussy you are and how much your willing to pay.
Do you know for a fact that Autoteknik resells ali express?
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 03:01 AM   #31
Rikes
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sooo... I managed to return the Autotecknic trims and purchased a set of oem from eBay. Got it for about $900. They look awesome and fit perfectly
Mate….you got lucky! I’ve been quoted $4000 for the six OEM pieces supply only!
We’re they pieces hard to install?
      10-04-2022, 03:03 AM   #32
Rikes
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by suby01 View Post
Do you know for a fact that Autoteknik resells ali express?
Autoteknic deal direct with a workshop in Thailand I think as they had me return carbon parts there as it’s closer to Australia
      10-04-2022, 03:38 AM   #33
bqlee
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikes View Post
Mate….you got lucky! I’ve been quoted $4000 for the six OEM pieces supply only!
We’re they pieces hard to install?
the centre console pieces were easy. I just had to pop my old ones off with trim tools.
For the door pieces, they weren't too bad. I had to remove the entire door panel and dremel out the plastic weld holding the trims. There are about 10 of those welds. I used small screws and washers to install the cf trim. For the first door, I took my time being careful. For the 2nd, 3rd and 4th door, it was a breeze.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 05:07 PM   #34
Dinan_Rated
DINAN SELLER
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC X3M40i, DINAN M5 V10

selling my OEM carbon FIber set if anyone is interested