BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-26-2022, 03:04 PM   #1
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

Some info from BMW-i

I received several replies from BMW-i on a list of questions/remarks I handed them after my first 45.000 km in my iX3.

- they are (apparently) working on a new release of the sat-nav in July which should be type specific (the reply states “conditional”) and would then predict upcoming chargers related to the actual SoC.
- for pre-LCI models there will be NO pre-conditioning feature for the batteries.
- there will be NO coupling between Apple Maps and BMW sat-nav

Furthermore they ask me proof regarding the difference of range between the app and the guess-o-meter in the dashboard. The reply also mentions a feedback to BMW Engineering in Munich to develop an option to have the SoC visible in % in the dashboard instead of the guess-o-meter.

If any of you can report the question to have the SoC visible in % at your respective BMW-i department it would help a lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 03:18 PM   #2
pedroribeiro
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Impressive

Thanks Rijder

One (minor) point of interest too: the new version of MyBMW app allows you to change units (miles to KM). So for those of us who were pissed off about seeing miles, it is sorted!

Just go to your profile/settings and do it there

PS: pity about the pre-conditioning for pre-LCI but unfortunately expected...

Quote:
Originally Posted by iX3 rijder View Post
I received several replies from BMW-i on a list of questions/remarks I handed them after my first 45.000 km in my iX3.

- they are (apparently) working on a new release of the sat-nav in July which should be type specific (the reply states “conditional”) and would then predict upcoming chargers related to the actual SoC.
- for pre-LCI models there will be NO pre-conditioning feature for the batteries.
- there will be NO coupling between Apple Maps and BMW sat-nav

Furthermore they ask me proof regarding the difference of range between the app and the guess-o-meter in the dashboard. The reply also mentions a feedback to BMW Engineering in Munich to develop an option to have the SoC visible in % in the dashboard instead of the guess-o-meter.

If any of you can report the question to have the SoC visible in % at your respective BMW-i department it would help a lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 10:43 AM   #3
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedroribeiro View Post
So for those of us who were pissed off about seeing miles, it is sorted!
Why would anybody choose not to use miles? They are wonderful units!!

Seriously though, I find it strange that a German company would have their app default to miles.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 10:49 AM   #4
pedroribeiro
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Impressive

Worst is that there were people in the UK and US getting it in Km!

a few years to get this basic stuff right...we'll get there eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
Why would anybody choose not to use miles? They are wonderful units!!

Seriously though, I find it strange that a German company would have their app default to miles.
Appreciate 0