BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-03-2022, 07:15 AM   #111
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVFan View Post
Mine was at 195 last week, which I assume means that it is on the high seas somewhere, and I guess that was before Capricornus Leader.

Does anybody know which ship was the last to leave Dalian before Capricornus Leader?
I think it was the Asteria Leader at the beginning of May

Last edited by rs139; 06-09-2022 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: Incorrect information
Appreciate 1
EVFan60.00
      06-03-2022, 07:18 AM   #112
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjones1707 View Post
I’ve actually just checked mine, and it’s changed to 193. But that doesn’t mean it’s on a boat still 🤷*♀️
Mine changed to 195 the day after Capricornus Leader left Dalian so I’d say give it a day or two and check again.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 08:09 AM   #113
juzza1234
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwhy View Post
Hi All,
Has anyone had an update and seen a status change from 165 from the online genius since Pheonix Leader has left Dalian?
I am unable to obtain a live connection with the online genius to check myself for some unknown reason.
I read earlier that the Phoenix Leader may not be going to UK, has this been confirmed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magwhy View Post
Hi All,
Has anyone had an update and seen a status change from 165 from the online genius since Pheonix Leader has left Dalian?
I am unable to obtain a live connection with the online genius to check myself for some unknown reason.
I read earlier that the Phoenix Leader may not be going to UK, has this been confirmed?
I'm guessing the online chat has been taken down due to the extended UK bank holidays.

How have others been able to check their car's status with out the online check?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 08:40 AM   #114
Mjones1707
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW ix3

Quote:
Originally Posted by juzza1234 View Post
I'm guessing the online chat has been taken down due to the extended UK bank holidays.

How have others been able to check their car's status with out the online check?
I’ve just checked mine.

I think they just offer slightly reduced hours. I’d just keep checking.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 09:22 AM   #115
Overlockfr
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

Just called the BMW UK EV support line, and according to them my order status changed today (03-Jun-22) to 9620 - At Sea. I suppose it means the car might be on the Phoenix Leader?

The delivery date seems to have shifted by another week though, and is now 7-Aug-2022.

Last edited by Overlockfr; 06-03-2022 at 09:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 03:29 AM   #116
kebl2555
Private
Rep
Drives: X1, iX3 M-Sport Pro on order

I've just checked with the online genius today and mine changed to 195 on 3rd June which has been described as meaning the car has left the port and is on the way to the UK. It is estimated to be delivered in the week starting the 1st of August. Does anyone have an idea which boat this could be on?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 04:00 AM   #117
Magwhy
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series

Apologies if this has already been shown but found the following for forward movements at Bristol docks and the Capricornus Leader is arriving on the 27th June. The Phoenix Leader is not arriving here but the Heroic Leader is on the 6th July.

https://www.bristolport.co.uk/shippi...ward-movements

Not sure if Pheonix Leader is due to arrive in Southampton Port (or any other UK port, not sure which are main ones) but I cannot find the forward movements for Southampton for July arrivals.
Attached Images

Last edited by Magwhy; 06-04-2022 at 04:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 05:00 AM   #118
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

I have just checked with the online chat, and my order also changed to 195 yesterday. So I am guessing it must be on the phoenix leader.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 08:03 AM   #119
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I have just checked with the online chat, and my order also changed to 195 yesterday. So I am guessing it must be on the phoenix leader.
Got there eventually! Luckily you didn’t have to wait too long between the Capricornus Leader departing Dalian and the Phoenix Leader arriving there.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 08:05 AM   #120
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebl2555 View Post
I've just checked with the online genius today and mine changed to 195 on 3rd June which has been described as meaning the car has left the port and is on the way to the UK. It is estimated to be delivered in the week starting the 1st of August. Does anyone have an idea which boat this could be on?
It’ll be on the Phoenix Leader
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 08:26 AM   #121
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs139 View Post
Got there eventually! Luckily you didn’t have to wait too long between the Capricornus Leader departing Dalian and the Phoenix Leader arriving there.
I’m glad it’s making some progress and on its way now. But golly, I’ll be glad when it’s actually here! Can’t believe how long this process has taken!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 07:07 AM   #122
Magwhy
Rep

Quote:
I have been able to check online via the genius today and have had the following message.

'The current order status is exit from port or compound. Your car is estimated to be delivered on the week starting on the 1st of August.

And he confirmed code status is 195.

Looks like it is the Phoenix Leader just need to find which UK port and when.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 10:36 AM   #123
DrJAB
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs139 View Post
I think it was the Antares Leader at the beginning of May
I don’t think it can be - this ship is in the Sea of Japan. I am expecting arrival in the UK according to Genius next week, which seems awfully fast as I have been marked 195 since the 4th of May.

I think our cars must be on either the Sagittarius Leader which is en route to Southampton from Bremerhaven. Or the Asteria Leader which is in the Eastern Med. Both visited Tianjin (though not apparently Dalian) in late April and Early May respectively. No idea what other ship they could be on to reach UK in next week or two.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 12:44 PM   #124
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJAB View Post
I don’t think it can be - this ship is in the Sea of Japan. I am expecting arrival in the UK according to Genius next week, which seems awfully fast as I have been marked 195 since the 4th of May.

I think our cars must be on either the Sagittarius Leader which is en route to Southampton from Bremerhaven. Or the Asteria Leader which is in the Eastern Med. Both visited Tianjin (though not apparently Dalian) in late April and Early May respectively. No idea what other ship they could be on to reach UK in next week or two.
Sorry, I meant the Asteria Leader. I’ve been tracking a few ships trying to work out how long they take to get to the UK. Sagittarius Leader departed Dalian around 21st April and is due to arrive at Southampton on 9th June. Asteria Leader departed Dalian 2nd-3rd May. It makes sense that your car is on Asteria Leader as the status usually changes to 195 a day or two after being loaded on the ship. It takes roughly 8 weeks to get from Dalian to the UK so you’re looking at the beginning to middle of July for delivery.

One thing you can do is get your VIN from your supplying dealer and looking it up on a VIN decoding site which will give you the production date - if it’s mid-April onwards your car will likely be on the Asteria Leader.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 12:51 PM   #125
DrJAB
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks! Yes it has a production date of 16th April so probably on the Asteria.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 12:58 PM   #126
DrJAB
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just looking at the Sagittarius Leader, this took 10 days to travel from Derince to Bristol, stopping in Greece on the way. The Asteria is due in Derince tomorrow, so may reach the UK mid June.

No idea why Genius told me last week I my car was due in country this coming week?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 01:21 PM   #127
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Just looking at the Sagittarius Leader, this took 10 days to travel from Derince to Bristol, stopping in Greece on the way. The Asteria is due in Derince tomorrow, so may reach the UK mid June.

No idea why Genius told me last week I my car was due in country this coming week?
Ah ok, so if your car was produced on 16th April it could well be on the Sagittarius Leader and the change to 195 on the system took a little longer, which would explain why the Genius team have advised the car is due in the coming week. Exciting times ahead either way!

I’ve got a bit longer to wait as my car is on the Capricornus Leader.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 03:28 AM   #128
DrJAB
Enlisted Member
Rep

So BMW Genius is totally confusing. 3 weeks ago they gave me a delivery estimate of week 25 or 26. Last week I was told my car would be at the dealer this week (week 23). This morning I have been told that my delivery estimate is now week 27 (4th-10th July). Do these guys have a random number generator or what? I cannot imagine the BMW computer systems are spitting out such different dates every time they look it up?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 04:05 AM   #129
Overlockfr
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
So BMW Genius is totally confusing. 3 weeks ago they gave me a delivery estimate of week 25 or 26. Last week I was told my car would be at the dealer this week (week 23). This morning I have been told that my delivery estimate is now week 27 (4th-10th July). Do these guys have a random number generator or what? I cannot imagine the BMW computer systems are spitting out such different dates every time they look it up?
Yeah this is infuriating. It's like no one really has a clue what's going on. I was told repeatedly by my dealer the ETA of mid-June was a worst-case estimate from BMW, and then saw it pushed to July 18, then August 1st, and more recently August 7th.

We actually planned a holiday break in France at the end of July so we could bring the car. But now who knows when we'll be able to do that...
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 04:09 AM   #130
Overlockfr
United Kingdom
Rep

The Phoenix Leader just left Shanghai and should make it to Singapore on 13-Jun.
Hopefully it's a direct trip to the Suez Canal after that!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 01:17 PM   #131
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Hello,

Having looked at the NYK RoRo scheduling on the website, I’ve got a gut feeling it’s a monthly service from the factory in China to the United Kingdom.

Of course, additional stops can be added, also planned stops removed in order to keep up with demand on the supply chain, but something seems odd about the Phoenix Leader following so close behind Capricornus Leader (in global maritime terms) if the destination is also the United Kingdom. I’ve got a feeling Heroic Leader is the next China to United Kingdom BMW iX3 service but always happy to be wrong.

Many thanks.

Last edited by ThreeXi; 06-06-2022 at 01:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 01:46 PM   #132
Magwhy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeXi View Post
Hello,

Having looked at the NYK RoRo scheduling on the website, I’ve got a gut feeling it’s a monthly service from the factory in China to the United Kingdom.

Of course, additional stops can be added, also planned stops removed in order to keep up with demand on the supply chain, but something seems odd about the Phoenix Leader following so close behind Capricornus Leader (in global maritime terms) if the destination is also the United Kingdom. I’ve got a feeling Heroic Leader is the next China to United Kingdom BMW iX3 service but always happy to be wrong.

Many thanks.
The Heroic Leader status has been updated and is now on route to Seuz canal, Egypt without visiting China Dalian so no IX3's on board.
Appreciate 0