BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-08-2022, 02:30 PM   #1
Mjones1707
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW ix3

Uk Delivery- Ship tracking

Hello,

My car is finally built, and is awaiting being put on a ship over to the Uk. It has an estimated delivery of the 25th of July. I was wondering if there was anyway of tracking this part of its journey? And if you can figure out which boat, and when it departs China etc? I am so excited and counting down the days.

Thanks ☺️
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 04:04 PM   #2
The shadow
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M4CP

With the greatest respect why would you want to track a ship?? Be much more informative to track via bmw genius so that you know when status has changed
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 04:25 PM   #3
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The shadow View Post
With the greatest respect why would you want to track a ship?? Be much more informative to track via bmw genius so that you know when status has changed
Thanks for replying.
As I said, I’m just very excited for my car to get here.
I’m led to believe that the status of the vehicle doesn’t change from when it’s on the dock waiting to be shipped, till it arrives in the uk. Which could be upwards of a month. In that time, I’m not really harming anyone in just following it’s journey out of curiosity.
I’ve read on here of other people who have managed to. And was just after some help.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2022, 04:53 PM   #4
jukkha156
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ix3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjones1707 View Post
Hello,

My car is finally built, and is awaiting being put on a ship over to the Uk. It has an estimated delivery of the 25th of July. I was wondering if there was anyway of tracking this part of its journey? And if you can figure out which boat, and when it departs China etc? I am so excited and counting down the days.

Thanks ☺️
https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9273894

I think the next ship to arrive in Dalian to pick up your ix3 is this one.

Like you I was also very curious about mine and followed its journey (even seeing the ship arrive at some ports live camera including Southampton

Congrats and enjoy the journey.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2022, 02:08 AM   #5
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The shadow View Post
It is easier to track a ship through websites compared to the hassle of trying to get through to BMW Genius. I track ships frequently for deliveries to the U.K. for products that are importing.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2022, 04:37 AM   #6
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukkha156 View Post

Like you I was also very curious about mine and followed its journey (even seeing the ship arrive at some ports live camera including Southampton

Oh amazing. Thankyou so much. Hope you’re enjoying your car.
Appreciate 1
      05-09-2022, 07:03 AM   #7
EVFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 MS Pro 2022

Online Genius was able to give me a delivery date (1st July) but apparently was not able to give out online the name of the ship carrying my car.
The reason I had wanted to know the name of the vessel was so that I could track it and have a bit of an ongoing idea of when it would actually arrive in the UK.
I have some things I need to get sorted with my current car (e.g. put the original wheels back on) before I hand it back, so I am trying to coordinate the preparation/return/collection
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 10:19 AM   #8
kebl2555
Private
Rep
Drives: X1, iX3 M-Sport Pro on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukkha156 View Post

I hadn't really expected to be tracking ships as part of my car order experience, however I can't help but now be intrigued about this! I am looking at the website and can't see how you've been able to identify this will arrive in Dalian. Please could you explain how you've been able to work this out?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 10:20 AM   #9
kebl2555
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks ☺️
Based on my latest response from BMW I think our orders may well be on the same boat, so I'll be very interested in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 01:41 PM   #10
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebl2555 View Post
Based on my latest response from BMW I think our orders may well be on the same boat, so I'll be very interested in this thread.
I’m the same! My delivery date has moved from w/c 25th July to 18th July to 11th July.

What’s your status code? If it’s 165 then your car will likely be on the same boat as mine which I think will be the Virgo Leader. It’s due at Southampton around 22nd June which fits in with delivery around the middle of July.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 01:58 PM   #11
edwardgb1111
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro 2022

Mine is due the middle of July so I’m hoping it’s on the same ship. I’ll track the ship anyway and keep praying 🙏 🤣
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2022, 07:02 PM   #12
mix3
Registered
Rep

You can track your vessel by subtracting 2-4 weeks of your delivery time and looking at the port calls on nykroro.com. Based on what I see your car could be on the Asteria Leader which departed on May, 2th in Dalian and is scheduled to arrive in the uk on Jun, 20th.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 01:49 AM   #13
edwardgb1111
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by mix3 View Post
You can track your vessel by subtracting 2-4 weeks of your delivery time and looking at the port calls on nykroro.com. Based on what I see your car could be on the Asteria Leader which departed on May, 2th in Dalian and is scheduled to arrive in the uk on Jun, 20th.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 05:44 AM   #14
ThreeXi
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Hello,

I too am also interested in knowing what ship my car will be on, so Mjones1707 you aren't alone!

I have an interest in transport and travel in general, thanks to mix3 for the information about the shipping line involved. This probably isn't very accurate, more hypothetical, but at a quick glance it looks like at least three ships are needed to work the monthly schedules back and forth between Dalian and Southampton, at the moment being Asteria Leader (westbound towards Europe) and Dionysos Leader (eastbound towards China) with a third, King Quest (eastbound towards China) that interworks with the north North America route, so as King Quest goes back across the Atlantic after its westbound journey from China and Europe, another ship will maybe come in to join the pattern. If anyone has anything more accurate or to correct, please share!

Many thanks,
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 03:07 AM   #15
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

The status of my car has just changed today to ‘in transit to Bremerhaven’ I haven’t seen any vehicle carriers leave Dalian over the last few days. So confused what ship it could be on? 🤷*♀️🤦*♀️
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 02:06 PM   #16
mix3
Registered
Rep

Quote:
The status of my car has just changed today to ‘in transit to Bremerhaven’ I haven’t seen any vehicle carriers leave Dalian over the last few days. So confused what ship it could be on? 🤷*♀️🤦*♀️
To which bmw code are you referring to?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 02:13 PM   #17
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
To which bmw code are you referring to?
Status code 165
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 02:34 PM   #18
mix3
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Status code 165
I thought the 165 included transport from the plant to Dailan (which could take a few weeks), when is your delivery scheduled?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 03:22 PM   #19
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
I thought the 165 included transport from the plant to Dailan (which could take a few weeks), when is your delivery scheduled?
Ah okay! That could make sense. When I spoke to the genius chat today they just said ‘en route to Bremerhaven’ I just made the presumption it was on its way.
It’s due 18th July now.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2022, 03:39 PM   #20
kebl2555
Private
Rep

Our cars must still be set for the same boat as my latest update today is that it is in transit to Bremerhaven, with estimated delivery on the week starting on the 18th of July.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2022, 01:59 AM   #21
Mjones1707
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebl2555 View Post
Our cars must still be set for the same boat as my latest update today is that it is in transit to Bremerhaven, with estimated delivery on the week starting on the 18th of July.
Hopefully it keeps getting earlier. 🙌

I’m tracking a few different ships, but not sure which ones is next due into Dalian.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2022, 06:44 AM   #22
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

There's a few of us with delivery due weeks commencing 11th or 18th July!

Going off the NYK schedule, I thought mine would be on Virgo Leader which has just left Nagoya having been moored there for a couple of days, and is due to arrive in Singapore on 20th May. But having read on here and elsewhere that the cars could be dropped off at Bristol, this opens up a few more possibilities. If anyone has any other ships they reckon their car might be coming on, let us know.

My order status is 165 (and has been since the beginning of the week) so hoping to see some movement in the coming days.
Appreciate 0