BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-14-2019, 06:27 AM   #155
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyrshireColin View Post
Done this to death with my dealer on Saturday (I really, really wanted the M seats!) and we finally got to the bottom of it. If you can get a late 2019 build then the 2020 spec. is applied (live cockpit, shadowline ect. - we couldn't nail down an exact date for production) but the M seats are only available on cars built from January onwards which is when the cost of MS+ jumps to £2,700 from £1,700 (so your seats are costing £1,000)…..if you play with the online configurator currently you can only select the updated MS+ pack as that is all that can be selected now.

Personally I even toyed with just saying I'd go for a order on a January build to get the seats but the APR on finance jumped from the current 2.9% (registered before 31-Dec) to 4.9% and that equated to just shy of £60pcm for my spec. which was mental!
Thought that might be the case. Whilst the M seats are pretty cool they're not £60pcm cool.

I think it's not just the APR that changes after December, as far as I'm aware it's also the level of dealer support. I'm currently getting close to £10K discount, but anecdotally I've heard that's at least halved in January so there's never been a more cost-effective time to get into an M40i

The stock car I was offered from another dealer has apparently been snaffled, but there's either a Glacier Silver to the same spec, or another SG one with (old) M Sport+ and Tech packs available for only £15pcm more - made me wonder if the price of the latter has changed as well, since it lands at £1,900 on the current configurator. Will be interesting to see if this second SG car also has full Live Cockpit Professional the same as the first one....

Still can't get an answer from the local dealer as to whether the stock cars can be swapped in from the network - if I can't get something stock that I like with the current support/apr then that's me out unfortunately
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 06:36 AM   #156
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacktemplar View Post
Quote:
Done this to death with my dealer on Saturday (I really, really wanted the M seats!) and we finally got to the bottom of it. If you can get a late 2019 build then the 2020 spec. is applied (live cockpit, shadowline ect. - we couldn't nail down an exact date for production) but the M seats are only available on cars built from January onwards which is when the cost of MS+ jumps to £2,700 from £1,700 (so your seats are costing £1,000)…..if you play with the online configurator currently you can only select the updated MS+ pack as that is all that can be selected now.

Personally I even toyed with just saying I'd go for a order on a January build to get the seats but the APR on finance jumped from the current 2.9% (registered before 31-Dec) to 4.9% and that equated to just shy of £60pcm for my spec. which was mental!
Thought that might be the case. Whilst the M seats are pretty cool they're not £60pcm cool.

I think it's not just the APR that changes after December, as far as I'm aware it's also the level of dealer support. I'm currently getting close to £10K discount, but anecdotally I've heard that's at least halved in January so there's never been a more cost-effective time to get into an M40i

The stock car I was offered from another dealer has apparently been snaffled, but there's either a Glacier Silver to the same spec, or another SG one with (old) M Sport+ and Tech packs available for only £15pcm more - made me wonder if the price of the latter has changed as well, since it lands at £1,900 on the current configurator. Will be interesting to see if this second SG car also has full Live Cockpit Professional the same as the first one....

Still can't get an answer from the local dealer as to whether the stock cars can be swapped in from the network - if I can't get something stock that I like with the current support/apr then that's me out unfortunately
£1000 divided by 48 is only £20pm mate.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 06:42 AM   #157
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
£1000 divided by 48 is only £20pm mate.
Don't think he was just referring to the seats - with hindsight I take that to mean that the change in APR from January added £60pcm to the overall cost.....
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 07:03 AM   #158
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Taycan Turbo

Quote:
Don't think he was just referring to the seats - with hindsight I take that to mean that the change in APR from January added £60pcm to the overall cost.....
Yeah like for like build but with £1k more for the seats and APR jumping from 2.9% to 4.9% equated to £56.XX per month.

Reality is because I could do a deal on a 2020 spec. car it was literally the seats that were different.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 07:21 AM   #159
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Yeah like for like build but with £1k more for the seats and APR jumping from 2.9% to 4.9% equated to £56.XX per month.

Reality is because I could do a deal on a 2020 spec. car it was literally the seats that were different.
If you don't mind sharing, what deal were you offered?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 07:47 AM   #160
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Oh I see!
Appreciate 2
      11-14-2019, 08:28 AM   #161
AyrshireColin
Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Taycan Turbo

Quote:
If you don't mind sharing, what deal were you offered?
You have mail.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #162
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
You have mail.
Likewise
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 08:45 AM   #163
X3M40i_Nev
Straight Six Convert
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Garage List
2018 Mini JCW  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X3M40i_Nev View Post
Good work getting to the bottom. As you say, APR makes a fair old difference there.

So gather you have ordered now for pre 2020 registration?
Yeah I'm sorted thanks. I've got a 2020 spec. M40i in sapphire black with black leather, MS+, tech. pack, comfort pack, pano. roof and piano black interior trim coming so I'm happy (should get it mid-late December).

The M seats are awesome but it just made no sense at all money wise.
Cracking spec, good job 👍
      11-14-2019, 11:34 AM   #164
Cobstar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 30d

Quote:

The car you’ve ordered sounds fab

Would you be willing to share who has the Glacier Silver car? A local dealer has a well specced car available but it’s Sapphire Black and stunning though black cars are we’ve always said never again.
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2019, 11:41 AM   #165
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobstar View Post
The car you’ve ordered sounds fab

Would you be willing to share who has the Glacier Silver car? A local dealer has a well specced car available but it’s Sapphire Black and stunning though black cars are we’ve always said never again.
I don't actually know who physically has the car, as my guy is trying to swap stock at the moment. I should find out tomorrow if he's been successful in getting the SG one I want so can PM you then if that's OK?

I'm only being slightly cagey here as if the SG one goes t1ts up again, the GS one might be "last resort" as these are becoming rarer than hen's teeth...

The black one doesn't happen to be with a certain East Coast dealer beginning with 'V' does it
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 12:11 PM   #166
Lukeuk
Private
Rep
Drives: M40I

Pulled the trigger on X3 M40i just now. Carbon black, M Sport Plus package, pan roof with oyster interior and . There are not many left out there that's for sure... Oh and it has the gloss black finish, shadowline , so it's very black....
Appreciate 4
Cobstar40.50
teaston10994.50
      11-14-2019, 12:58 PM   #167
Cobstar
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I don't actually know who physically has the car, as my guy is trying to swap stock at the moment. I should find out tomorrow if he's been successful in getting the SG one I want so can PM you then if that's OK?

I'm only being slightly cagey here as if the SG one goes t1ts up again, the GS one might be "last resort" as these are becoming rarer than hen's teeth...

The black one doesn't happen to be with a certain East Coast dealer beginning with 'V' does it
Definitely be cagey until you’ve secured a car I hope you get the one you want. TRL and Bimmerdeals at Berry don’t have any current stock. The SB car is with a southern dealer and in their stock. The car is also missing lumbar support which the SO prefers. The local dealer could only find one car nationally with it but that didn’t have my preferred back leather.

I still have to persuade the joint holder of the purse strings I really NEED an X3 M40i And I’m quite attached to my current car and she was supposed to be a keeper.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 01:19 PM   #168
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
I’m quite attached to my current wife and she was supposed to be a keeper.
FTFY
Appreciate 2
teaston10994.50
Cobstar40.50
      11-14-2019, 01:20 PM   #169
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeuk View Post
Pulled the trigger on X3 M40i just now. Carbon black, M Sport Plus package, pan roof with oyster interior and . There are not many left out there that's for sure... Oh and it has the gloss black finish, shadowline , so it's very black....
Nice!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 01:52 PM   #170
X3M40i_Nev
Straight Six Convert
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2018 Mini JCW  [10.00]
Quote:
Very nice mate, close spec to mine, apart from the oyster seats, shadow line, and folding mirrors, which I am sure will look awesome. The below pics show how the colour changes between black and blue. I love it!
Attached Images

11-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #171
Lukeuk
Private
Rep
Drives: M40I

Quote:
Very nice mate, close spec to mine, apart from the oyster seats, shadow line, and folding mirrors, which I am sure will look awesome. The below pics show how the colour changes between black and blue. I love it!
Very nice. Do they come with auto boot lid?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 02:03 PM   #172
Cobstar
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
FTFY
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 02:47 PM   #173
X3M40i_Nev
Straight Six Convert
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2018 Mini JCW  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Yep 👍
      11-14-2019, 03:30 PM   #174
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I’m quite attached to my current wife and she was supposed to be a keeper.
FTFY
:
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 03:32 PM   #175
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yes powered tailgate is standard, I love it, especially with the comfort access kick to open!
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 05:53 AM   #176
Blacktemplar
Brigadier General
Ukraine
Rep

Quote:
Definitely be cagey until you’ve secured a car I hope you get the one you want. TRL and Bimmerdeals at Berry don’t have any current stock. The SB car is with a southern dealer and in their stock. The car is also missing lumbar support which the SO prefers. The local dealer could only find one car nationally with it but that didn’t have my preferred back leather.

I still have to persuade the joint holder of the purse strings I really NEED an X3 M40i And I’m quite attached to my current car and she was supposed to be a keeper.
OK, so dealer has just got back to me to say he's secured the Sophisto Grey X3 that was my preferred option, so I guess that leaves the Glacier Silver example 'free' in the network.

Do you want me to email him and say you're interested? As far as I'm aware it has black leather, the MS+ pack including extended shadowline, and may also have the newer Live Cockpit Professional rather than Digital Dash.

Let me know

Last edited by Blacktemplar; 11-15-2019 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 0