BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-21-2023, 10:24 AM   #67
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X3MC MBB - C-17 Globemaster

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad430benz View Post
First off , I never bashed JTLD or said anything negative about any Chinese companies so not sure why you start off with that ??

I purchased the stainless and not titanium so I think I got a good deal on what I bought . No , it wasn't $450 but it was no where near your $4500 price tag .

You know it doesn't make pipes bend different or create a whole different exhaust between stainless and titanium ? The design remains the same even if they were made with paper mache . I posted and circled the differences between the two . I will leave it with this..........

Anyone want to show me where the 2 different exhausts are identical and disprove the circled differences I posted ?

Next question I have is what did everyone else pay for their Alibaba exhaust ?
1800 for titanium valvetronic, resonated single mid-pipe with new box/muffler, shipped to my door.
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2023, 10:30 AM   #68
TacosRule!
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestimp View Post
1800 for titanium valvetronic, resonated single mid-pipe with new box/muffler, shipped to my door.

I've seen one for 1400ish and one for 1800ish (and several for 3K). Whats the difference between the first two? The pictures are identical, same finish, same everything including shipping charges.
Does yours include any electronics? Do you retain OE control of the valves?

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 11:39 AM   #69
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosRule! View Post
I've seen one for 1400ish and one for 1800ish (and several for 3K). Whats the difference between the first two? The pictures are identical, same finish, same everything including shipping charges.
Does yours include any electronics? Do you retain OE control of the valves?

Some will have you reuse stock valve controllers, some come with all new ones, mine came with all new ones and a remote. Literally a no brainer considering the alternate from the USA is like $5k.
Appreciate 3
      12-21-2023, 12:18 PM   #70
hybridel
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Brooklyn Grey X3MC

Quote:
Some will have you reuse stock valve controllers, some come with all new ones, mine came with all new ones and a remote. Literally a no brainer considering the alternate from the USA is like $5k.
Did you reuse your stock valves?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 12:41 PM   #71
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridel View Post
Did you reuse your stock valves?
Nope, everything came as a complete kit. Nothing to carry over except the exhaust hangers.
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2023, 01:09 PM   #72
bad430benz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
There is an option for single mid or EL ? I don't understand the "new box/muffler" .

Quote:
Nope, everything came as a complete kit. Nothing to carry over except the exhaust hangers.
Not sure I understand this one either ??

By the way , you paid triple the cost than just going straight to the source

I'm not trying to argue with you guys . I was happy with my purchase at the time . I paid less than you think and more than Alibaba pricing . In the end , I spent my money and was happy . I ended up not using it and sold it to someone that will appreciate it .
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 02:58 PM   #73
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
There is an option for single mid or EL ? I don't understand the "new box/muffler" .

A muffler or "box" is that thing in the back of your car at the end of the exhaust tubes that makes the sound no hurty your ears.

Not sure I understand this one either ??

You open a box, and bolt on an entirely new exhaust system up to the Cats, zero parts reused.

By the way , you paid triple the cost than just going straight to the source

I'm not trying to argue with you guys . I was happy with my purchase at the time . I paid less than you think and more than Alibaba pricing . In the end , I spent my money and was happy . I ended up not using it and sold it to someone that will appreciate it .

Didnt pay triple the cost, I made a /custom/ exhaust that I wanted with all the parts I wanted with my factory in China that I use. It was welded a certain way so I don't have to "put it together" like other chinesium. I am the sourcing agent for a few factories so I'm aware of whats what in the industry and what things cost.

You sound dense.
Appreciate 2
hybridel126.00
      12-21-2023, 03:34 PM   #74
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:

So you're forced to use their remote to open/close valves, but can you wire them to the stock connectors to use the OE button?

That's the last thing I am checking on before I place the order for mine. Still on the fence on whether I do Ti or just SS because I'm leaving the OE secondary cats alone.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 04:12 PM   #75
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosRule! View Post
So you're forced to use their remote to open/close valves, but can you wire them to the stock connectors to use the OE button?

That's the last thing I am checking on before I place the order for mine. Still on the fence on whether I do Ti or just SS because I'm leaving the OE secondary cats alone.
Ditch everything behind the stock cats, it will be fine, unless your in CA.

Yes you can use OEM you just transplant them but make sure the one you buy you can do that.

Mine came with a remote which I programed to the garage door buttons AND it also setup as (ON valves open/Off OEM)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 04:13 PM   #76
kidxin
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Quote:
You know it doesn't make pipes bend different or create a whole different exhaust between stainless and titanium ? The design remains the same even if they were made with paper mache . I posted and circled the differences between the two . I will leave it with this..........

Anyone want to show me where the 2 different exhausts are identical and disprove the circled differences I posted ?

Next question I have is what did everyone else pay for their Alibaba exhaust ?
I have no clue what you circled (I don’t know if you’re circling at clamps or the metal pieces wrapping the exhaust) but titanium and stainless are different the way they craft it. Stainless doesn’t have “bands” around the pipes on corners that bend, you just see welds. So there is a difference between titanium and stainless exhausts. It doesn’t even look similar. If you compare two titanium Catbacks you would see lots of similarities thus the Carbann and valvetronic. However one has dual midpipes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 04:26 PM   #77
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
Ditch everything behind the stock cats, it will be fine, unless your in CA.

Yes you can use OEM you just transplant them but make sure the one you buy you can do that.

Mine came with a remote which I programed to the garage door buttons AND it also setup as (ON valves open/Off OEM)

Awesome, thanks for the 411
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 09:28 PM   #78
bad430benz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Didnt pay triple the cost, I made a /custom/ exhaust that I wanted with all the parts I wanted with my factory in China that I use. It was welded a certain way so I don't have to "put it together" like other chinesium. I am the sourcing agent for a few factories so I'm aware of whats what in the industry and what things cost.

You sound dense.
I sound dense ???

You guys claim you can get it direct from the source for $600 but then you buy it for $1800 . You never once mentioned you had it custom made until right now . The reason I questioned you about the new box/muffler comment is because I have never purchased a new exhaust that reused the original box/muffler . Do you understand where I’m coming from now ?
Appreciate 1
thestimp975.00
      12-21-2023, 09:34 PM   #79
bad430benz
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidxin View Post
I have no clue what you circled (I don’t know if you’re circling at clamps or the metal pieces wrapping the exhaust) but titanium and stainless are different the way they craft it. Stainless doesn’t have “bands” around the pipes on corners that bend, you just see welds. So there is a difference between titanium and stainless exhausts. It doesn’t even look similar. If you compare two titanium Catbacks you would see lots of similarities thus the Carbann and valvetronic. However one has dual midpipes.
I circled every spot in the piping where the bends are different between the 2 exhausts . Even Ray Charles can see the bends are not the same from the 2 no matter whether it’s stainless or titanium . Seems like the only parts that match up between the two are the tips and the box/muffler . Look at every part I circled in red and tell me I’m not correct in saying the bends are different .
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2023, 10:39 PM   #80
Vettethret
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X4M Comp

Quote:
I circled every spot in the piping where the bends are different between the 2 exhausts . Even Ray Charles can see the bends are not the same from the 2 no matter whether it’s stainless or titanium . Seems like the only parts that match up between the two are the tips and the box/muffler . Look at every part I circled in red and tell me I’m not correct in saying the bends are different .

Ray Charles, Maybe. Helen Keller, NO WAY!

21X10 21X11.5 Vossen HF5, 285/325 MPSS, H&R springs, 11mm Spacers, RK Tunes intake, Armorextend AE Design Carbon Fiber Front Lip, Rachip GTS Black with XLR, ALi Baba cat back, Carbon interior...
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 12:20 AM   #81
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
This is a wild thread I never expected to see this late in the internet age. Hell yeah.

So, some fancy exhaust makers just had their product made in China by an outfit that does it for a lot of other folks? Dang.

But, the Chinese exhausts are pretty well made? But some folks were over charged? Also dang. Good luck folks.
2020 F87 M2 Comp
Appreciate 1
hybridel126.00
      12-22-2023, 01:50 AM   #82
keywin
Rep
Drives: BMW X4MC

After reading all of this i ended up talking to an agent who was able to make me a "valvetronic" catback with a "AA equal length midpipe". this seemed like the best combo for an exhaust and i will post vids and pics when it arrives in about a month.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 10:08 AM   #83
thestimp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2022 X3mC  [10.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keywin View Post
After reading all of this i ended up talking to an agent who was able to make me a "valvetronic" catback with a "AA equal length midpipe". this seemed like the best combo for an exhaust and i will post vids and pics when it arrives in about a month.
ask them to put a resonator in it for the drone at 2800 rpm.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 11:59 AM   #84
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keywin View Post

Yea please post details. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 12:01 PM   #85
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:

Duly noted. I was looking at non resonated, that's crossed off the list.

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 02:50 PM   #86
hybridel
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Brooklyn Grey X3MC

Here are the sound clips people have been asking for

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeA...NZCO_wkgbnrJrw
Appreciate 1
joebie3298.50
      12-22-2023, 03:03 PM   #87
TacosRule!
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybridel View Post
Here are the sound clips people have been asking for

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeA...NZCO_wkgbnrJrw

Very nice, thanks for posting. Is the dual equal length that much louder, or was the camera closer to the car?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2023, 04:23 PM   #88
keywin
Rep
Drives: BMW X4MC

Quote:
oh yeah definitely adding a resonator to the midpipe
Appreciate 0