BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-13-2020, 09:58 PM   #45
cheezsandwiches
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw m6 grand coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurng View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny_RDM View Post
X3mc is real monster, i love drive high speed and nice acceleration, but after 3months I'm still scared of this car😂
Some people know the story, but I popped my tail out with sport+ mdm mode on a 90 degree turn (stupid) and almost rolled over.

Did not expect so much kick and even pre-tune
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 10:18 PM   #46
Lenny_RDM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Chime in #1
Why would you track these grocery getters??
Reading comments like "this is a beast" or "it scares me" just makes me wonder why people buy these cars to begin with.

You clearly either didn't research what you just spent thousands of dollars on or you just want to make this car out to be more than you want people to think it is.
Really????? Woooow
For me x3mc is ideal family car, last I drove m40i abd that my history with bimmers, before only japan cars
But if u are old f$&@ like me with family abd kids that car is beast...
Btw many years ago my fun was quarter mile racing and believe I know how to drive, and speeds i just sold my 2018cbr1000rr.....
And why this car scared me??? Potential and pure fun....but I'm to old for that....
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 11:54 PM   #47
Razel
Rider and driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Cheers, Mark, and looking forward to meeting you here in SoFla.
HB
Need the 2l Maßkrug, though.

I work for Keyser Söze
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00
      10-14-2020, 05:37 AM   #48
ssabripo
HALA MADRID!
United_States
Rep
Drives: camels & donkeys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkWithAnM View Post
I have nothing to add. I'm just here to read AlexFL responses. He can go from 0 to STF in less time than his modded X3M takes to get to 60mph. And with none of that lag people keep bitching about. Someday I'll make it to Florida and buy him a beer for the great responses! 👍🏻👊🏻🍺

dude is hella touchy for real. Brother needs to smoke some kush and chill out a bit

F87 M2 Competition, Sunset Orange, Exc, DCT.
**SOLD** F80 M3 Mineral Grey/Sakir Orange, Exc, DCT... ED 6/2015
**SOLD**E90 M3, Interlagos Blue / M individual two-tone, ZCP, ZP2, ZCV, DCT, ED.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25051.00
      10-14-2020, 07:56 AM   #49
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssabripo View Post

dude is hella touchy for real. Brother needs to smoke some kush and chill out a bit
Brother is chill, he is just being sarcastic
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #50
vincechase
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330 M Sport

I personally don't think these videos are about if you are going to track the car or not. Who cares it's about the car the power and put down numbers.

Obviously the normal average person wants a daily. And likely it'll be a 3/5 series are a kid size sedan like a x3. For let's say family so why not get a M version right?

I personally don't like the ride height of the x3 to high. I personally like the Macan it's just right and has air suspension. Only reason I haven't gotten it was because I'd feel ashamed with the power output numbers it has lol.
Appreciate 1
dhurng407.00
      10-14-2020, 11:10 AM   #51
Habber
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 2024 Brooklyn Grey SOLD

Garage List
  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny_RDM View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Chime in #1
Why would you track these grocery getters??
Reading comments like "this is a beast" or "it scares me" just makes me wonder why people buy these cars to begin with.

You clearly either didn't research what you just spent thousands of dollars on or you just want to make this car out to be more than you want people to think it is.
Really????? Woooow
For me x3mc is ideal family car, last I drove m40i abd that my history with bimmers, before only japan cars
But if u are old f$&@ like me with family abd kids that car is beast...
Btw many years ago my fun was quarter mile racing and believe I know how to drive, and speeds i just sold my 2018cbr1000rr.....
And why this car scared me??? Potential and pure fun....but I'm to old for that....
I approve this message.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2020, 04:05 PM   #52
floating.spirit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
To that specific point I just test drove an X3MC this past weekend and was a passenger as well. It's not what I expected at all. Felt the weight a lot. Acceleration was good, but not what I expected from all the numbers being put out there. Transmission was good, but I was expecting better (dct fanboi). Exhaust was great and very loud (I liked it). As a driver it was a very comfy ride for me, but as a passenger I can see where those complaints of stiffness come in to play. I had this car on my radar once it was more affordable for myself, but I've completely changed my mind. Decided to go the M2C route and enjoy the driving experience a bit more. To circle back I don't think there's a real customer for this car without sacrificing something you want in an M vehicle. Just my $0.02.
yea bro. M2C is da real shit, purist stuff, "track car", not some lame SUV...
Fookin right! All the X3M modders are just putting lipstick on a pig! 🐷
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7833.00
kolosy1414.00
      10-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #53
JayM40i
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW x7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Anyone saying they don't understand the market for this car probably doesn't have active kids.

I used to have a M3 (and smaller cars before that) I miss them but needed more utility. Two kids in travel sports, driving all over the place 5 days a week with baseball/softball bags, cooler, chairs and a dog, not going to work in M3, I know I tried for a year.

I don't want two cars (both depreciating) with extra insurance payments when I have one that can do it all.

M3 wagon would work but will never come to US, so it's the best alternative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
Anyone saying they don't understand the market for this car probably doesn't have active kids.

I used to have a M3 (and smaller cars before that) I miss them but needed more utility. Two kids in travel sports, driving all over the place 5 days a week with baseball/softball bags, cooler, chairs and a dog, not going to work in M3, I know I tried for a year.

I don't want two cars (both depreciating) with extra insurance payments when I have one that can do it all.

M3 wagon would work but will never come to US, so it's the best alternative.
Don't you dare say that. I hope it makes it here lol.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2020, 11:18 PM   #54
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I think I know who the real customer is for this thing. It's the guy who already has a legitimate M-car (or 911, or whatever else is more sports-car), lives in the snow belt where said "real M-car" isn't at all usable in the winter, and/or needs another car that can haul people or goods. The X3M is all of those things to me. I moved back to the midwest and it's an attempt to somewhat enjoy driving something in the winter, BUT it is not a replacement for my M3.
Overall I'm not a fan of crossovers and SUVs, but I really like the X3M. The X5 used to be a visceral and engaging SUV to drive, but since the F15 it has completely changed its philosophy as a vehicle. A good SUV yes, but a fun SUV it is far from now. That's where the X3M comes in...priced about the same as a loaded X5 30i and infinitely more fun. My point being that the X3M is a great alternative to the usual ho-hum luxury SUVs in every suburban garage.

Now the Porsche Macan really takes the cake for fun to drive CUVs, but an X3M can be had loaded for roughly the same MSRP as a Macan S and a likely much lower lease payment. The Macan S is plenty power (350 hp) but the X3M, with it's 500 hp, is a far better value. Sure 500 hp is overkill for what these crossovers are primarily used for (Costco, mall runs) but for the same price as an X5, GLE, etc. why the hell not?

The X3M has its flaws but I really think it's one of the best vehicles in BMW's portfolio at the moment.
Appreciate 4
AlexFL7833.00
Max Well4690.50
kozzi927.00
Will Pwr747.50
      10-15-2020, 11:32 PM   #55
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Overall I'm not a fan of crossovers and SUVs, but I really like the X3M. The X5 used to be a visceral and engaging SUV to drive, but since the F15 it has completely changed its philosophy as a vehicle. A good SUV yes, but a fun SUV it is far from now. That's where the X3M comes in...priced about the same as a loaded X5 30i and infinitely more fun. My point being that the X3M is a great alternative to the usual ho-hum luxury SUVs in every suburban garage.

Now the Porsche Macan really takes the cake for fun to drive CUVs, but an X3M can be had loaded for roughly the same MSRP as a Macan S and a likely much lower lease payment. The Macan S is plenty power (350 hp) but the X3M, with it's 500 hp, is a far better value. Sure 500 hp is overkill for what these crossovers are primarily used for (Costco, mall runs) but for the same price as an X5, GLE, etc. why the hell not?

The X3M has its flaws but I really think it's one of the best vehicles in BMW's portfolio at the moment.
Germanauto, that’s exactly right. Besides, check out this forum and see how many former F80/F82 owners decided to switch to this car. So BMW must have done something right...

Last edited by AlexFL; 10-16-2020 at 04:24 AM..
Appreciate 2
Max Well4690.50
      10-16-2020, 07:33 AM   #56
robopp
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
To that specific point I just test drove an X3MC this past weekend and was a passenger as well. It's not what I expected at all. Felt the weight a lot. Acceleration was good, but not what I expected from all the numbers being put out there. Transmission was good, but I was expecting better (dct fanboi). Exhaust was great and very loud (I liked it). As a driver it was a very comfy ride for me, but as a passenger I can see where those complaints of stiffness come in to play. I had this car on my radar once it was more affordable for myself, but I've completely changed my mind. Decided to go the M2C route and enjoy the driving experience a bit more. To circle back I don't think there's a real customer for this car without sacrificing something you want in an M vehicle. Just my $0.02.
I think I know who the real customer is for this thing. It's the guy who already has a legitimate M-car (or 911, or whatever else is more sports-car), lives in the snow belt where said "real M-car" isn't at all usable in the winter, and/or needs another car that can haul people or goods. The X3M is all of those things to me. I moved back to the midwest and it's an attempt to somewhat enjoy driving something in the winter, BUT it is not a replacement for my M3.
This is exactly correct for my situation. I wanted a fun car with a lot of utility to go along with my .2 GT3 that is about as uncomfortable as it gets with the LWBs. Never mind the serious lack of utility. It's the perfect combination, IMO. Anything else is a complete compromise.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2020, 10:58 AM   #57
MaxGainz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Im coming from a RS3. I wanted to consolidate 2 cars under one and the X3M is the perfect utility all rounder.

Im going to a road course in 1 week with the X3M and interested to see how it does!

Question fun, the X3M is definitely better to daily drive than the RS3 was with its haldex awd. IMO these "sports" sedan are also a compromise and even worst has its still not much utility in exchange of less "sportiness".

People cannot accept these new kind of SUV saying WhAtS tHe PoInt?!11!1!1 well for an enthusiast with already a track car/motorcycle that need a utility vehicule this is incredible. With a tune and no hardware your as fast as an E85 RS3 which is touted to be tuner friendly...
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7833.00