BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-09-2022, 05:17 AM   #67
jukkha156
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ix3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam.b View Post
How did you managed to get them fitted at costco?
Costco in Milton Keynes would not fit tyre to bmw if they are not star marked even if it is FWD or RWD only.
Hi Adam,

I had mine done at Costco Manchester and they used my reg to check the specs.

Their only question mark was the Y rears and W fronts.

However as the ix3 is not 4WD then the Y/W is not an issue they said.

I even checked with Michelin chat and the same spec of tyres are approved. You can put your reg on the Michelin site too.

I paid £840 odd for all 4, black Friday/Michelin promo deal.
Attached Images

Last edited by jukkha156; 12-09-2022 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 3
adam.b189.00
Esteves33.00
      12-12-2022, 07:20 AM   #68
absln
Registered
Rep
Drives: IX3 Pro

How are you getting along with the crossclimate tyres in the current weather? I'm thinking of getting a set from costco as not happy with the current yokohama tyres on it.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 07:43 AM   #69
jukkha156
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by absln View Post
How are you getting along with the crossclimate tyres in the current weather? I'm thinking of getting a set from costco as not happy with the current yokohama tyres on it.
Hi, when you say you are not happy with Yoko's do you mean in winter conditions? or in general, what do you not like?

I got the Cross Climate 2's really for the 'winter' period. I do 60 odd miles a day workwise (motorway, hilly country roads, dual carriage ways) some weekend social trips could be up to 200 miles sometimes and I wanted all bases covered.

I am keeping the Bridgestone Alenza's for summer use. I have only had the Michelins since Wednesday and not had any snow or extreme weather to test yet. However in icy, very cold conditions they are just as comfortable as the Bridgestone's and I could drive with confidence.

Will give further updates if and when any extreme weather kicks in.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 08:05 AM   #70
absln
Registered
Rep
Drives: IX3 Pro

Sorry, I should have clarified. It's the winter performance that doesn't seem that good on the yoko's - especially in the snow. I've not had the IX3 long so don't have a reference point of the summer.

How are the cross climates in term of tyre noise? Much difference to what you had before?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 08:30 AM   #71
jukkha156
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by absln View Post
Sorry, I should have clarified. It's the winter performance that doesn't seem that good on the yoko's - especially in the snow. I've not had the IX3 long so don't have a reference point of the summer.

How are the cross climates in term of tyre noise? Much difference to what you had before?

Cheers
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, summer' tyres especially rear wheel drive will struggle in the snow. The CC2's are supposed to be decent in these conditions but main thing is 'safer. I couldn't hear any difference in tyre noise between the Michelins and the Bridgestone's so I think they are very good so far. I cannot speak from much experience yet but I am really glad that i got them
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 03:22 AM   #72
jukkha156
Private First Class
Rep

First real Snow/slush/ice test today with the Cross Climate 2's in Kettleshulme and Whaley Bridge Derbyshire way.

Had to drive on ungritted hilly roads that were 'caked' in parts. I am very, very impressed with the Cross Climate 2's. So much composure and confidence, don't think I could have driven the same road on the summer tyres.

Next time I will stop and take a pic hahaha.
Attached Images

Last edited by jukkha156; 01-19-2023 at 08:02 AM..
Appreciate 3
adam.b189.00
Esteves33.00
      01-18-2023, 09:06 AM   #73
Helmetbox
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1

Does anyone know the reason why run flat is not allow for 20 inch?

Looking at the weight loading seem to be fine.

https://www.pirelli.com/tyres/en-ww/...tric286:2020:0
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2023, 05:21 PM   #74
adam.b
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: iX3 Premier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jukkha156 View Post
First real Snow/slush/ice test today with the Cross Climate 2's in Kettleshulme and Whaley Bridge Derbyshire way.

Had to drive on ungritted hilly roads that were 'caked' in parts. I am very, very impressed with the Cross Climate 2's. So much composure and confidence, don't think I could have driven the same road on the summer tyres.

Next time I will stop and take a pic hahaha.
They are more sensible choice than proper winter tyres here in uk, I have Michelin Alpin 5 suv .
Thanks for feedback.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2023, 04:40 AM   #75
DeanW94
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 M-Sport Pro (72)

Bridgestone Alenza’s on mine. Had non stop icy conditions up in Scotland than last week and a half and it’s coped as well as I would expect from a RWD.
Appreciate 1