BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-27-2021, 01:16 PM   #67
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BWW iX3

[QUOTE=Thanis34;27517969]That is indeed a ‘known’ issue ... Björn Nyland, a known BEV tester, reported the same issue.

To be honest, as key-less is not yet a mature feature anyway, I would not leave the house without your car keys :-)[/QUOTE

I just realized I could try the remote unlocking through MyBMW
If that doesn’t work the ultimate solution is to call BMW support who can unlock remotely. If my first solution doesn’t work, I’ll try the second and will report here.
Strangely BMW Engineering did not point to this solution, so I’m afraid this won’t work either.
BMW Engineering informed me this to be a “very rare issue(?)” but they will update the software to eliminate this. As usual no date for implementation given

To be continued.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 06:23 AM   #68
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3

Hi all,
my iX3 is on order and expected to be delivered end November. Phytonic Blue with Canberra Beige leather seats.
Its a company car and I will get the Alfen Eve Single Pro homecharger installed at home.

I did twice a test drive and liked the car that much I ordered it.

One question: in the centre console (arm rest), is there a 12V socket or just the USB-C port?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 10:18 AM   #69
JimPastell
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 G01

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkschakel View Post
Hi all,
my iX3 is on order and expected to be delivered end November. Phytonic Blue with Canberra Beige leather seats.
Its a company car and I will get the Alfen Eve Single Pro homecharger installed at home.

I did twice a test drive and liked the car that much I ordered it.

One question: in the centre console (arm rest), is there a 12V socket or just the USB-C port?
Congrats to your order!

Under the armrest you only have USB-C. The 12v outlets are located in front between the cupholders and in the back(trunk) on the right side panel.
      05-05-2021, 12:49 PM   #70
sebsek2
Rep
Drives: BMW G31, G08

I would like to ask if anyone, who already picked up ix3, could check if this regular 20" tires are Run-Flat or standard?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 01:58 PM   #71
JimPastell
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebsek2 View Post
I would like to ask if anyone, who already picked up ix3, could check if this regular 20" tires are Run-Flat or standard?
20 inch Yokohama is normal non-RFT (very quiet and comfortable).
19 inch winter tyres are RFT.
      05-05-2021, 03:59 PM   #72
sebsek2
Rep
Drives: BMW G31, G08

You surpised me because till now everywhere at YouTube I saw Bridgestone Alenza for 20"
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 02:35 AM   #73
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPastell View Post
Congrats to your order!

Under the armrest you only have USB-C. The 12v outlets are located in front between the cupholders and in the back(trunk) on the right side panel.
thanks. Normally I have a USB adapter in the 12v outlet to power iPhones in the back. But since there are 2 USB-C for the back, it will be ok. I just need to find more USB-C to Lighting cables
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 02:39 AM   #74
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep

Quote:
It sometimes differs by country. For instance for Volkswagen, the PON group was also Continental distributor. So each new car was equiped with Continental. What happened with the factory tires, I don't know.
Can't you go to a local dealer and ask or take a look?

Run-Flat is normally not standard anymore as they increase the 'fuel' consumption hence making the CO2 rating higher.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 02:42 AM   #75
Klinkschakel
Private
Rep

Quote:
You surpised me because till now everywhere at YouTube I saw Bridgestone Alenza for 20"
On pictures from Dutch dealers, I also see Bridgestone.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 12:39 PM   #76
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Mine came on Yokohama tires 20”. No run-flat types.
Is impressive logistic challenge if they have a stock in the factory to equip each car with different tires depending on destination.
Sending all cars from China on same tires and each dealer swapping them leaves the dealers with a sh*tload of tires they have to ship back? Taking about $10000 for a 20’ container shipment back they must make serious money on tires somewhere. Unless the carcarrier takes them back. Seems unlikely as they not necessarily carry only BMW.
My money is on option 1
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #77
JimPastell
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iX3 rijder View Post
Quote:
Mine came on Yokohama tires 20". No run-flat types.
Is impressive logistic challenge if they have a stock in the factory to equip each car with different tires depending on destination.
Sending all cars from China on same tires and each dealer swapping them leaves the dealers with a sh*tload of tires they have to ship back? Taking about $10000 for a 20' container shipment back they must make serious money on tires somewhere. Unless the carcarrier takes them back. Seems unlikely as they not necessarily carry only BMW.
My money is on option 1
Yeah, I'm 100% sure that my car had Yokohama from the factory.
Could be different tires depending on build date as well. My car is built 2020/11.
      05-21-2021, 05:57 PM   #78
nunp
Private
Rep
Drives: RR Velar, Audi S5

Hi all. I’ve recently ordered an iX3 Premier, Carbon Black & Canberra beige for my wife. December delivery. My big question is whether I will get the facelifted iX3. My supplying dealer thought not. Coming from a X4 M40d we are familiar with the interior. Would be good to know if runflats are standard.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 11:35 PM   #79
Thanis34
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

LCI supposedly starts production earliest in September with earliest delivery dates in April 2022 ... so I do not think youngish receive the LCI.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 01:33 PM   #80
Brheik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw ix3

Join the Norwegian fb iX3 group. We have a lot of bimmers with delivered cars there, me included
      06-02-2021, 08:41 AM   #81
molcos
Norway
Rep
Drives: IX3

Bridgestones on my IX3, very happy with the car so far.
Also a 11/22kw wall charger is a must
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 04:58 PM   #82
Sevenland82
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

https://translate.google.com/transla...9348&sandbox=1

according to this norwegian test, the ix3 goes further than its wlpt specification (when you drive it completely empty)
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 08:32 AM   #83
molcos
Norway
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevenland82 View Post
https://translate.google.com/transla...9348&sandbox=1

according to this norwegian test, the ix3 goes further than its wlpt specification (when you drive it completely empty)
It's a trustworthy paper in Norway, unbiased reviews and test.
No reason to doubt the test imo.

I just got the car so i am not as efficient when i'm driving it, but with ECO mode i will probably see the same results.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2021, 03:45 PM   #84
Daniel.w.leigh
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunp View Post
Hi all. I’ve recently ordered an iX3 Premier, Carbon Black & Canberra beige for my wife. December delivery. My big question is whether I will get the facelifted iX3. My supplying dealer thought not. Coming from a X4 M40d we are familiar with the interior. Would be good to know if runflats are standard.
You won't get the LCI, the Premier/Premier Pro models are only for the early non-LCI cars. The LCI will switch to normal SE/X Line/M Sport etc. trims. Based on this, I decided not to wait, as I imagine the LCI cars won't be as loaded as the Premier/Pro, and poorer value once you add options!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2021, 07:39 AM   #85
iX3 rijder
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

I wonder how they reached 13,3 kWh/100km. I now the area they drive through is not flat and I understand they did the drive in winter. I guess they had some kind of heating in the car and kept same speed uphill as downhill. Then driving at 13,3 kWh/100 km is quite an achievement. In Holland (flat and with tail wind) at 100 km/hr I struggle to reach 18 kWh/100 km on longer distances.
Maybe I need some EV efficiency lessons?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2021, 05:02 AM   #86
Brheik
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw ix3

I get ca 18.3 on short trips, and around 16.5 on Longer trips. 13.3 is really nice🤩
      06-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #87
DES_MX
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G20 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by iX3 rijder View Post
I wonder how they reached 13,3 kWh/100km. I now the area they drive through is not flat and I understand they did the drive in winter. I guess they had some kind of heating in the car and kept same speed uphill as downhill. Then driving at 13,3 kWh/100 km is quite an achievement. In Holland (flat and with tail wind) at 100 km/hr I struggle to reach 18 kWh/100 km on longer distances.
Maybe I need some EV efficiency lessons?
definitely something semi-wrong, because I was able to get 18kwh back when it was 7-9c on my extended test drive, (Heemstede - Amsterdam Oost - Heemstede + Ring A10)
- are you using B mode for rapid recuperation on highway exits, stop lights etc?
- adaptive on highway driving itself
- no regen when you know certain area stoplight will jump on "green" when you approach the stoplight intersection (in NL quite common).
Also, fast acceleration is not a strong hit to consumption in an EV (compared to combustion engine), when entering high way it doesn't hurt to accelerate rapidly, at max boost, but then level out asap once hitting your desired speed limit and driving with a lot of anticipation.
You should be able to hit 16kwh easily
Appreciate 0