BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-13-2018, 09:58 AM   #1
nogren
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: G01 30d

Active Sound Design variations

Hi!

I've tried to search this forum for more details, but without success, so I ask in a new thread. Sorry for duplicates, if that is the case.

I've heard rumors that some models have, and some does not have, ASD. I.e. that not all engines, and/or trim levels, got ASD.
Anybody know some more details?

I saw that there were variations to code, depending on your stereo options, and to code it to be off (which I don't see why I shouldn't do, when my car arrives...)

Thanks,
N
      08-13-2018, 10:55 AM   #2
bmtespar
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 X3 30i, 18 230iX Vert

As far as I know, asd is only present on the m40i models in the U.S. On other bmw models, with both the 2.0 and larger engines, people have changed the sound output type but in the last few years changing the output type (engine sound) just resulted in no sound at all.

I’d suggest living with the vehicle for a few days before coding the sound off. It is most prominent in sport mode.
Appreciate 0