BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-25-2019, 09:06 PM   #1123
Cape Dave
Rep
Drives: 2005 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagofan00 View Post
Thanks! Looks pretty good but it appears you'd have to have the door fully open not to overlap on the existing lighting. Hmm...

For those wanting the link directly to the post:
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24166291
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechX3M40i View Post
Congrats for getting out of 'probation' and gain the freedom to get some serious fun! Time for testing out the Launch Control yet?
Quote:
Man this SAV is fun. Was on a freeway access road when some kid decides to look back at me and then proceed to cut me off. I go over to the right lane and start to speed up and he does the same. I floored it and he had no idea that this little SAV had that much power. Gave up pretty quickly.
Quote:
My wife was gracious enough to take the kiddos out for the day and let me have a day to detail the X3. It was a perfect day weather wise but I wish there would have been a bit more clouds in the sky by the time I was all finished as there were really no good reflection photos to take when I was all done.
Dude, that is stellar!
Appreciate 1
chicagofan0019257.00
      03-25-2019, 09:22 PM   #1124
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Dave View Post
Quote:
Thanks! Looks pretty good but it appears you'd have to have the door fully open not to overlap on the existing lighting. Hmm...

For those wanting the link directly to the post:
https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=24166291
Quote:
Congrats for getting out of 'probation' and gain the freedom to get some serious fun! Time for testing out the Launch Control yet?
Quote:
Man this SAV is fun. Was on a freeway access road when some kid decides to look back at me and then proceed to cut me off. I go over to the right lane and start to speed up and he does the same. I floored it and he had no idea that this little SAV had that much power. Gave up pretty quickly.
Quote:
My wife was gracious enough to take the kiddos out for the day and let me have a day to detail the X3. It was a perfect day weather wise but I wish there would have been a bit more clouds in the sky by the time I was all finished as there were really no good reflection photos to take when I was all done.
Dude, that is stellar!
Thanks!

Current - 2024 G05 X5 ///M60i in Java Green
Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 05:55 PM   #1125
Bmock17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5M Competition

I bought and installed the bmw carbon fiber mirror covers and also had the roof wrapped in gloss black vinyl. I have all the black trim pieces from iND so I wrapped the side grills in carbon fiber vinyl to match the mirror covers. I think it turned out nice and matches pretty well. What do you guys think?
Attached Images

Appreciate 7
MechX3M40i1006.00
JWright82263.50
SROC31702.00
chicagofan0019257.00
JustChris17545.50
Crassus229.00
      03-26-2019, 06:07 PM   #1126
way245
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
5% tints on the front two windows, I think they added either 10% or 15% tints to the rear windows and back glass to even it out.

Now I just need some black rims. I was honestly so excited about my car I didn't even realized I had the stock-iest rims ever.
Looking to buy some rims similar to the sportier OEM ones. Any suggestions? Don't have the extra few $K to spend right now.

Name:  IMG_1144.JPG
Views: 3003
Size:  1.02 MB
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 06:27 PM   #1127
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmock17 View Post
I bought and installed the bmw carbon fiber mirror covers and also had the roof wrapped in gloss black vinyl. I have all the black trim pieces from iND so I wrapped the side grills in carbon fiber vinyl to match the mirror covers. I think it turned out nice and matches pretty well. What do you guys think?
Looks awesome! I like it!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #1128
Bmock17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Looks awesome! I like it!
I appreciate that, thank you. I think it turned out nice too. I don't want to go overboard with the carbon fiber but I think the mirror caps and wrapping the side vents is just enough. In my opinion the carbon fiber side vents compliment the mirror caps perfectly.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:07 PM   #1129
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
How much were the mirror caps?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:27 PM   #1130
Bmock17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Quote:
I'm embarrassed to say how expensive they were. I bought a set of cheaper ones from eBay for a fraction of the cost and they didn't fit properly at all. Not to the mention the carbon fiber on these bmw pieces is top notch.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:35 PM   #1131
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I'm embarrassed to say how expensive they were. I bought a set of cheaper ones from eBay for a fraction of the cost and they didn't fit properly at all. Not to the mention the carbon fiber on these bmw pieces is top notch.
Were they $845 from IND?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:54 PM   #1132
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
They were.
Ouch! I guess you’ll be able to claw a lot of that back when you change cars and sell them though, especially as they also fit the new X5.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 07:59 PM   #1133
JWright82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, X3 M40i

Quote:
The carbon looks great, love the roof too.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 08:03 PM   #1134
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
Do some distance shots please
      03-26-2019, 08:10 PM   #1135
SROC3
The limit of adhesion is my home.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Like a Boss.

Quote:
They were.
OMG........That's insanely expensive. I know they make great stuff, but wow. I thought the front grills were expensive, that takes the cake.
      03-26-2019, 08:21 PM   #1136
MechX3M40i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i Blue/Cognac

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey, as long as you enjoy the result, that's all that matter.
Appreciate 1
SROC31702.00
      03-26-2019, 08:27 PM   #1137
Bmock17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey, as long as you enjoy the result, that's all that matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWright82 View Post
Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. I think it turned out pretty good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SROC3 View Post
Quote:
I will. Obviously these garage shots aren't the best but I wanted to get the pictures on here.
Quote:
Quote:
They were.
OMG........That's insanely expensive. I know they make great stuff, but wow. I thought the front grills were expensive, that takes the cake.
I know. It is ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 08:29 PM   #1138
Bmock17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
They were.
Ouch! I guess you’ll be able to claw a lot of that back when you change cars and sell them though, especially as they also fit the new X5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWright82 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They were.
Quote:
Quote:
They were.
Ouch! I guess you'll be able to claw a lot of that back when you change cars and sell them though, especially as they also fit the new X5.
Well I guess that is one way to look at it.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 08:50 PM   #1139
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Looks great! I want to see some more photos of the roof outside of the garage.

That is a hefty price for the mirror caps but IND does amazing work and sometimes you just have to pay to play!

Past - 2005 E53 X5 3.0i in Titanium Silver; 2008 E92 335i in Montego Blue; 2019 G01 X3 M40i in Glacier Silver; 2022 G80 M3 Competition in Twilight Purple
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 08:57 PM   #1140
Bmock17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That is a hefty price for the mirror caps but IND does amazing work and sometimes you just have to pay to play!
Thank you. I will try to get some better pictures up in the next day or two.
Appreciate 2
SROC31702.00
chicagofan0019257.00
      03-26-2019, 11:49 PM   #1141
BuddhaTB
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 xDrive 30i

Garage List
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
Nice looking carbon fiber mirror caps! But need more photos of the wrapped roof.
      03-27-2019, 03:52 AM   #1142
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
They were.
IND don't make the mirror caps, they are the genuine BMW M Performance ones.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 07:20 AM   #1143
chicagofan00
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
They were.
Didn't say they made them, I said they do amazing work. They do a fantastic job with the paint work and it matches perfectly. It also appears that they did a great job with the carbon fiber wrap.

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 08:09 AM   #1144
Bmock17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
They were.
Didn't say they made them, I said they do amazing work. They do a fantastic job with the paint work and it matches perfectly. It also appears that they did a great job with the carbon fiber wrap.
They didn't wrap anything. I wrapped the side vent pieces myself. Well actually my wife did. But everything the do is top notch.
Appreciate 1
teaston10999.00