BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-29-2023, 10:54 PM   #111
Frostty17
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i

I'll link to another post I wrote that details my exhaust setup. Basically, I went resonator and muffler delete, then I put on Vibrant ultra quiet resonators in place of the muffler, and then added in two small vibrant bottle resonators. Really happy with the sound, liked it best without the two small bottle resonators that I added last. https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1988903

Appreciate 0
      01-30-2023, 04:03 AM   #112
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i Dark Graphite Cogn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_granola View Post
I’m here to resurrect this thread and bring it back to the rightful topic: exhaust mods. If increased volume is the goal, why do a resonator delete instead of a muffler delete. Someone suggested that as the way to go if you had to choose just one. Wouldn’t you do a muffler delete and leave the resonator so you get more volume but maintain less drone? I thought a resonator’s job is to clean up drone and raspiness.
It’s been a long time since I’ve removed it but from what I remember it only really acted like another muffler. The removal of it neither increased nor decreased the raspiness. Just made the exhaust louder (at least to me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcbrandon View Post
Thanks for bringing this back to life - some hilarious flaming happening in here. So many more crotchety old dudes in this forum than I expected.

Jayf30 What ever happened to the car? Did you have to pay for a full exhaust install on your lease return?
I ended up purchasing it. This was at the peak of the chip shortage/ car market turmoil so it was a no brainer. Car is still straight piped