BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-23-2020, 06:30 AM   #67
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo0823 View Post
Try the link below. Seems like you are trying to change plates? There are small clips all around. It's a bitch to remove but you need a very small mini plastic flathead crowbar like in the link I sent u and loosen the little tabs around the units one by one. Takes time and effort and some force. I don't think you will be able to not cause a little damage to the tabs so just be aware of that. I broke 2 out of the rest of them, but it didn't affect it.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...sor/1Vnbfde0hk
Thanks!

It's actually step 1 I am struggling with I don't have that tool do you need it?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 06:32 AM   #68
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Quote:
Try the link below. Seems like you are trying to change plates? There are small clips all around. It's a bitch to remove but you need a very small mini plastic flathead crowbar like in the link I sent u and loosen the little tabs around the units one by one. Takes time and effort and some force. I don't think you will be able to not cause a little damage to the tabs so just be aware of that. I broke 2 out of the rest of them, but it didn't affect it.

Thanks!

It's actually step 1 I am struggling with I don't have that tool do you need it?
100 percent my friend. go to a local auto shop or order from amazon. This tool is essential for many DIY car projects.
Appreciate 1
dazzapb1050.00
      05-23-2020, 07:00 AM   #69
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

100 percent my friend. go to a local auto shop or order from amazon. This tool is essential for many DIY car projects.
Thanks man you think this would be ok?

https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuses...et-333161.html
Appreciate 1
Turbo1204350.00
      05-23-2020, 07:01 AM   #70
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Seems like a nice set to it own. Go for it.
Appreciate 1
dazzapb1050.00
      05-23-2020, 07:45 AM   #71
2kaccordocoupe
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Former ///M Driver

The trim tools can be picked up cheap at harbor freight in the states or princess auto here in Canada. Useful for all sorts of odd jobs, not just for cars.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2020, 09:42 AM   #72
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deen435d View Post
Hi Guys,

Just thought I’d share my 2 pence (especially for the UK lot).

So I pulled the trigger on this about 5 weeks ago. Took an absolute gamble as there are lots of different part numbers and no fitting guides. So I ended up buying the part number 6993492 from eBay. I paid £95 all in and it arrived 2 weeks later in mint condition.

As there was no fitting guide, I had to wing it. The way I fit it was to fit a trim tool under the current X4MC climate control panel. There are 4 metal tabs that you need to pry out (look like little poles - 2 on the left and 2 on the right). That will release the climate control panel. Behind that, there are 2 plugs - one for the audio control and the other for the climate control. Simply disconnect those and plug them into the new climate control panel. Then pop it back in and job done. (Side note: I didn’t take any parts from the old panel and put it on the new panel. Just unplugged and replugged the two connectors).

In terms of the ventilated seat option, I don’t have that option in my X4MC. The panel I bought had that as a touch button that did nothing, however, within about 5 mins of turning the car on, the ventilated seat button just disappeared, which I was over the moon about. Not sure about what people mean about the Menu button being the Max AC button. There is a dedicated menu button that is displayed on the touch screen panel (which opens the climate control menu on the idrive screen), and the Max AC button works as the Max AC button.

Two slight downsides to it though. Firstly, for UK owners, you will have to use the fan control on the passenger side to adjust the fan control for both driver and passenger (since there is only one fan). The driver’s side fan control doesn’t do anything. The second is that there is no haptic feedback (so you don’t know if you’ve actually pressed a button without looking at the panel to confirm). Both definitely not an issue for me, and it’s a very minor trade off to have for an amazing interior upgrade.

Highly recommended to make the interior look (even) nicer!
Will this work on a green x4 20d g?
Hey man the f97 is the g plaform as per the 5 and 7 this part was stolen from so I would say yes

Can you post a pic of existing?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 09:53 AM   #73
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Got it out all good! Should be done soon.

Btw did you have a couple of tiny springs pop out. I did not sure where they go
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 10:15 AM   #74
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Lol forget them Bc I tossed mine. Not sure if it made difference for me. I found them after install. There was no way I was going to remove it again for the springs.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #75
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Lol forget them Bc I tossed mine. Not sure if it made difference for me. I found them after install. There was no way I was going to remove it again for the springs.
Thanks man! (and to all here too) we are done

Managed to place inside my fascia

Very happy with the result should be stock for a car of this Calibre.

I think I went overboard with the tool trim. but it was the only set in stock. Professional set I gather
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Turbo1204350.00
      05-23-2020, 12:17 PM   #76
Turbo1204
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!

Thanks man! (and to all here too) we are done

Managed to place inside my fascia

Very happy with the result should be stock for a car of this Calibre.

I think I went overboard with the tool trim. but it was the only set in stock. Professional set I gather
Looks mega. Jealous of your set. Trust me it will come in handy more than you think.
Appreciate 1
dazzapb1050.00
      06-03-2020, 04:41 PM   #77
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Bit gutted my screen seems cracked but it's only noticeable from an angle and when it's low light.

It's been sunny every day for ages so either I didn't notice and it happened perhaps on transit.

As it's there's it's bugging me

You can't really see it during day straight on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2020, 03:16 AM   #78
negative
Rep
Drives: Bmw G30 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustedstuff210 View Post
Just did the same mod but a little bit different. I bought the unit from a 2017 7 series with the silver buttons. I initially thought it would be plug and play like the rest but the mounting points and face plate were slightly different so I had to remove both the upper CD slot and climate controls from the 7 series face plate and snap them into the stock faceplate. Very happy with how it looks with the silver buttons.
So if i buy the G11 7 Series touch climate controller, it fits to bmw g30 ? Because, back side connectors are different when i look. If we split the climate controller from frame, connectors looks different still. I confused.

I have G30 and i would like to upgrade my climate controller to touch /with chrome (like g11)
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 09:48 AM   #79
Toodalu
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 & 19 X3

I did this modification a few months ago. Someone asked me if the Gesture controls still work, I didn't think anything of it.. Needless to say, it didn't work.. I asked my coding guy if this is something that can be coded back, he assumes it's possible. Anyone else run into this issue and resolve it with coding? I have a 2019 X3 M40i, fully optioned out with cooled seats. The unit I installed had the cooled seats on the display.
2022 M3 Competition XDrive
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 10:35 AM   #80
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

I can confirm that gesture control is still working for me (and all other functions) after I installed a unit with ceramic controls for a F90 platform
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 1
      08-08-2020, 12:01 AM   #81
nisam
Private
Rep
Drives: 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh View Post
I can confirm that gesture control is still working for me (and all other functions) after I installed a unit with ceramic controls for a F90 platform
Quote:
Same here
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 04:17 PM   #82
negative
Rep

Quote:
You applied the G11 Chrome climate control to F90 perfectly ? without any problem?

Pins are different with G11 and G30 (F90 i thought) so possible to fit them?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #83
jmh
Internet Crash Test Dummy
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97 X3MC / F80 M3 / F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by negative View Post
You applied the G11 Chrome climate control to F90 perfectly ? without any problem?

Pins are different with G11 and G30 (F90 i thought) so possible to fit them?
I installed the control unit and iDrive controller from the F90
Works great.
15 F10 M5 Individual / Brilliant White / Extended/Full Cohiba Brown (Exec/Driver/B&O/20") / A few Euro add-ons / Stealth K40 / Upgraded B&O / ///M Performance Carbon Interior Trim / IND / Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust / HRE S107
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 03:55 PM   #84
negative
Rep

Yes i agree that f90 climate control unit compatible with g30 and x3 directly already, however they are not chrome button units. Thats why i'm trying to mount g11 climate unit to my g30 lci but i m not sure it may fit or not
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2020, 07:10 AM   #85
Anders R
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Touring

Another convert, very pleased with the result and that all the functionalities are carried over. Minor problem in removing the small plug, as there are no visible tabs but figured it out (there is a very small indent which should be pushed). Gratuitous photos (never mind the finger prints):
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 01:44 PM   #86
dinan5m3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e39 m5 e46 m3 g01 x3m40i

Anyone that has done this, looked into this, does the ceramic control option gives you that black gloss glaze finish on dials/knobs as well as on all the buttons? Or, just on the dials? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 02:59 PM   #87
ZCPM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Has anyone tried a retrofit on the LCI with the G05 color climate screen (replacing the orange/white monochrome screen)?

2 versions discussed here:

Climate display screen - 2 different versions ? https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1717103
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 06:15 PM   #88
jackal15
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCPM4 View Post
Has anyone tried a retrofit on the LCI with the G05 color climate screen (replacing the orange/white monochrome screen)?

2 versions discussed here:

Climate display screen - 2 different versions ? https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1717103
following
Appreciate 0