BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-23-2022, 08:39 PM   #1
Jason464
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Garage List
2017 BMW X3  [0.00]
Creaky Cup Holder Assembly

Anyone else’s front cup holder creak and rattle? Bought my 17 x3 a couple months ago. Didn’t really rattle when I first got it, now it seems to be getting worse. The rest of the car is rattle free which I’m quite shocked about, so it makes it all the more annoying.

The whole assembly creaks when touched wondering if I should buy an entire new assembly?

Any help appreciated, thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2022, 09:25 AM   #2
Opie55
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 650i Convertible

Car have hundreds of plastic-on-plastic contact points. Most of them allow small amounts of flex, and so squeaks will happen. Remove the part and put something on all possible contact points. Don't use a silicone spray as that tends to increase squeaks. I use one of several things - stuff in a tube called Super Lube, wax-based bicycle chain lube (wax in a liquid solvent that evaporates quickly and will hurt nothing), and I bought a piece of thin black flannel at a fabric store and have a can of spray adhesive. Where it won't show I use that because it's a permanent fix.
Appreciate 0