BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-01-2021, 12:09 PM   #67
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3m

Just about to put my order in and I have been told worst case March. That’s ages away but via the forces discount scheme so no real option as it’s only via park lane so to speak
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 12:54 PM   #68
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky401 View Post
Just about to put my order in and I have been told worst case March. That’s ages away but via the forces discount scheme so no real option as it’s only via park lane so to speak
Wow! March? Doomsday Scenario
      09-01-2021, 01:07 PM   #69
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJoRo View Post
Guys .. just got word from my dealer that my X3MC is in build and will be delivered later this month , but too late to change the wheels to the 892M's .. However they have a build slot for later this year in keeping with the original delivery of late Nov / early December , so I have decided to take the later one now, and get the 892M's

It does beg the question that the X3MC in build now may well be up for grabs, if not already taken / sold ... I'll check with my dealer and report back

The Spec:

Marina Bay Blue
Black Extended Merino
765M Light Alloys
Standard Tech Pack
Parking Assist Plus Pack
Pan Roof
Tow Bar

Noting: Digi Key and Wireless Charging deletion

The purpose of the Tow Bar is for my Thule MTB rack for me and my 12 year old twins (boy and girl) , when we head off to Snowdonia mountain biking , I have the factory Tow Bar on my Transporter for the same purpose , but did n't want to be tied down to just using the Van for MTB trips, and another opportunity to drive the "M" Car 120 mile round trip from home on the Isle of Anglesey to Snowdonia MTB Centre(s).
I'm tempted by the tow bar for this reason……

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 04:32 PM   #70
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC - 2022???

Quote:
Guys .. just got word from my dealer that my X3MC is in build and will be delivered later this month , but too late to change the wheels to the 892M's .. However they have a build slot for later this year in keeping with the original delivery of late Nov / early December , so I have decided to take the later one now, and get the 892M's

It does beg the question that the X3MC in build now may well be up for grabs, if not already taken / sold ... I'll check with my dealer and report back

The Spec:

Marina Bay Blue
Black Extended Merino
765M Light Alloys
Standard Tech Pack
Parking Assist Plus Pack
Pan Roof
Tow Bar

The purpose of the Tow Bar is for my Thule MTB rack for me and my 12 year old twins (boy and girl) , when we head off to Snowdonia mountain biking , I have the factory Tow Bar on my Transporter for the same purpose , but did n't want to be tied down to just using the Van for MTB trips, and another opportunity to drive the "M" Car 120 mile round trip from home on the Isle of Anglesey to Snowdonia MTB Centre(s).
Snowdonia is a great place - I can remember coming back from a biking weekend to Anglesey with two bikes on the back of my Toyota MR2! Got pulled over by the 'Heddlu', apparently the bikes were marching left and right as I went round the roundabouts!

After a brief stint with two bikes on the roof of my M140i, it's about time to transport them in style! I received my Thule Easyfold XT2 today - a whole 5 months ahead of the car, but it was over £100 off this weekend gone for some reason... Spend to save!

"Rules are for the obedience of fools and for the guidance of wise men..." Douglas Bader
Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50
      09-01-2021, 07:04 PM   #71
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mustang Bullitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
I'm tempted by the tow bar for this reason……
Well worth considering mate, @ £850 , factory install, super tidy and auto hide at the press of a button in the boot ..

Previous VW Transporters I just went with the factory 13 pin wiring prep, and had the towbar fitted at a "decent" towbar centre , my current transporter was a factory install and perfect, the price difference was n't huge between the two options , so with the X3 it was an easy decision for the factory option.
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 07:15 PM   #72
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckypil0t View Post
Snowdonia is a great place - I can remember coming back from a biking weekend to Anglesey with two bikes on the back of my Toyota MR2! Got pulled over by the 'Heddlu', apparently the bikes were marching left and right as I went round the roundabouts!

After a brief stint with two bikes on the roof of my M140i, it's about time to transport them in style! I received my Thule Easyfold XT2 today - a whole 5 months ahead of the car, but it was over £100 off this weekend gone for some reason... Spend to save!
lol .. nice story mate .. coincidently my first and only two seater "sports car" was a 1987 MR2 with T-Bar Roof ..loved it .. great fun, had it slammed on Koni's, TSW Stealth 17's and Jetex or Janspeed free flow sports zorst ... quite a rarity in the early 1990s .. looked and sounded the DogsBolx. Funnily enough mate , the first road trip I did in the MR2 was up your way .. the north east coast .. Robin Hoods Bay , Holy Island , St Abbs head to Edinburgh got as far as St Andrews, awesome driving country , then back south via Peebles and across to the Lake District , did the trip over 3 days.

Great kit Thule , your XT2 is similar to my rack , mine's a two bike rack with an extension to take a 3rd Bike.

Whilst talking retro I still have and use my Kona Lavadome - its 28 years old and still rides as well as it did when I bought it new back in '93

Last edited by HoJoRo; 09-01-2021 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2021, 07:42 AM   #73
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Hi all, Ok I have confirmed with my Dealer the later build slot, and have taken this now , for a late Nov/ Dec delivery including the transition to the 892M light alloys.

To that effect the X3MC Lci in build now , with the spec detailed below, due in at the end of the month is up for grabs / available to purchase right now.

Please contact BMW Bath (Dick Lovett) , James Pinnell is your man ,, James over last few months has provided me with the best customer focused relationship that I have experienced over the last few years, and more recently the best of over 15 BMW Dealers when looking at the trade in of my 440i for an "M" Car

He will also look after you price wise

The Spec:

Marina Bay Blue
Black Extended Merino
765M Light Alloys
Standard Tech Pack
Parking Assist Plus Pack
Pan Roof
Tow Bar

Best regards
H

Last edited by HoJoRo; 09-02-2021 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 06:26 AM   #74
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Same for me, but the discount is too good to turn down - I sold my car two weeks ago (stupid price), so I am relegated to two wheels for the next few months. Good job Winter isn't coming...

"Rules are for the obedience of fools and for the guidance of wise men..." Douglas Bader
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 06:53 AM   #75
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Same for me, but the discount is too good to turn down - I sold my car two weeks ago (stupid price), so I am relegated to two wheels for the next few months. Good job Winter isn't coming...
Assuming each profession has the same discount level or are they different?

I have worked it out at about 20.5% but I could be wrong

What’s your spec?

Looking at above I’m tempted by a towbar now for the ease and little cost upfront rather than trying to go aftermarket later on

This is only needed however if I buy a new mountain bike or the dream of a track car actually happens so it might not get used if neither happen
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 07:19 AM   #76
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Assuming each profession has the same discount level or are they different?

I have worked it out at about 20.5% but I could be wrong

What’s your spec?

Looking at above I’m tempted by a towbar now for the ease and little cost upfront rather than trying to go aftermarket later on

This is only needed however if I buy a new mountain bike or the dream of a track car actually happens so it might not get used if neither happen
It's definitely profession agnostic, my price jumped around from week to week - the main variable was the GFV.

I've gone for:
- BGM with SO
- 892M Wheels
- Towbar
- Pano roof
- Park assist plus (my spatial orientation on the ground is shocking/comical)

Just got a Thule EasyFold XT2 - which is epic - it can live in the boot in it's little bag and you just pop it on when it's bike time! I think I scraped my 340 bumper at least twice trying to fit my old thule rack - this is a one-person job.

I also got this amazing mini thule rack which is like a scissor design - open the two bars and it grips the towbar - isometric lock with a hole to thread a padlock through and bingo, two fold up arms to hold a bike. Takes about 15 seconds to fit...

This is my web brochure:

https://webfrontend.evecp.bmw.cloud/d3e028c

Appreciate 0
      09-04-2021, 07:24 AM   #77
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
lol .. nice story mate .. coincidently my first and only two seater "sports car" was a 1987 MR2 with T-Bar Roof ..loved it .. great fun, had it slammed on Koni's, TSW Stealth 17's and Jetex or Janspeed free flow sports zorst ... quite a rarity in the early 1990s .. looked and sounded the DogsBolx. Funnily enough mate , the first road trip I did in the MR2 was up your way .. the north east coast .. Robin Hoods Bay , Holy Island , St Abbs head to Edinburgh got as far as St Andrews, awesome driving country , then back south via Peebles and across to the Lake District , did the trip over 3 days.

Great kit Thule , your XT2 is similar to my rack , mine's a two bike rack with an extension to take a 3rd Bike.

Whilst talking retro I still have and use my Kona Lavadome - its 28 years old and still rides as well as it did when I bought it new back in '93
I had an amazing Kona Cider Cone, that got stolen in 1993

I thought my days of having bikes stolen were over when I left the military, but I had two stolen from my new place at the start of lockdown

Both replaced now - and properly hidden...

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 02:46 PM   #78
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I had an amazing Kona Cider Cone, that got stolen in 1993

I thought my days of having bikes stolen were over when I left the military, but I had two stolen from my new place at the start of lockdown

Both replaced now - and properly hidden...
makes my blood boil having stuffed nicked , sorry to hear that

Cinder Cone -- awesome! that was the next step up from the Lavadome, was yours the the green to silver fade? I really wanted an Explosif of that era or even the titanium hei hei ... still have eyes on the retrobikes site and ebay.

I went full Sus about 3 years ago with a Whyte T130RS .. a bit of an upgrade from the Kona , but still take the Kona out for a blast from time to time
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 02:49 PM   #79
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

sorry folks not intentionally turning the UK LCI Topic into a Mountain Bikes chat , if this was the netweather forum I'd be well off topic now and getting berated by the Mods
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 06:57 AM   #80
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
sorry folks not intentionally turning the UK LCI Topic into a Mountain Bikes chat , if this was the netweather forum I'd be well off topic now and getting berated by the Mods
Likewise - apologies...

What is everyone's expected UK delivery dates??

Feb/Mar 22 for me, but waiting for update from Park Lane...

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 11:04 AM   #81
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Likewise - apologies...

What is everyone's expected UK delivery dates??

Feb/Mar 22 for me, but waiting for update from Park Lane...
Nothing definite, and it’s slipped from week 41 to week 43, which is the first week of November. Car was ordered 16 July.
      09-06-2021, 11:40 AM   #82
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Nothing definite, and it’s slipped from week 41 to week 43, which is the first week of November. Car was ordered 16 July.
Proper weird that mate , I ordered my LCI on the 31st July , must have been expedited as it is due in end of this month. Now that I have gone for the 892M Alloys I had to take another build slot , so the mark II is due December sometime .. TBC
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 01:30 PM   #83
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep

https://webfrontend.evecp.bmw.cloud/f89414c

Car pretty much ordered now. Just waiting to pay my deposit for the build slot
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2021, 07:22 PM   #84
SoCalX3M-Bro
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3M LCI Brookly Gray

Quote:
Hi all, Ok I have confirmed with my Dealer the later build slot, and have taken this now , for a late Nov/ Dec delivery including the transition to the 892M light alloys.

To that effect the X3MC Lci in build now , with the spec detailed below, due in at the end of the month is up for grabs / available to purchase right now.

Please contact BMW Bath (Dick Lovett) , James Pinnell is your man ,, James over last few months has provided me with the best customer focused relationship that I have experienced over the last few years, and more recently the best of over 15 BMW Dealers when looking at the trade in of my 440i for an "M" Car

He will also look after you price wise

The Spec:

Marina Bay Blue
Black Extended Merino
765M Light Alloys
Standard Tech Pack
Parking Assist Plus Pack
Pan Roof
Tow Bar

Best regards
H
Sounds like a beautiful ride.
      09-07-2021, 01:33 PM   #85
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
https://webfrontend.evecp.bmw.cloud/f89414c

Car pretty much ordered now. Just waiting to pay my deposit for the build slot

Cool
How do you produce your build animation ?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #86
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalX3M-Bro View Post
Sounds like a beautiful ride.
For sure mate ... all the USA LCI's that have arrived and pics posted are amazing .. all beautiful in their own right
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2021, 02:15 PM   #87
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Cool
How do you produce your build animation ?
When the dealer sends you the final spec sheet there’s a link at the top
Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50
      09-07-2021, 05:03 PM   #88
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
When the dealer sends you the final spec sheet there’s a link at the top
Legend mate .. I did n't spot that on my final build spec sheet

Glad yours just has a silver "X3" badge at the base of the Dash Centre Stack too, just imagery error I hope .. should be X3///M Competition

Here's mine now with the 892M's

https://webfrontend.evecp.bmw.cloud/88c5b34

Last edited by HoJoRo; 09-07-2021 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 0