BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-02-2022, 03:45 PM   #1
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018-X5M-BLK Sapphire Edition

X5M owner visiting the XM3 board for info.

What's up peeps, dropping in to say what's up? Current 2018 X5M owner considering trading for a 2023 X3M Comp. Just looking in the threads to get a feel for the consensus on the SUV.

Always had 5 Series midsize cars and the F15 M sport and now an X5M for the last two years. Just lurking around to see what's up.
      10-02-2022, 04:42 PM   #2
Dawgz
2022 M4 Comp Xdrive
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickrick2 View Post
What's up peeps, dropping in to say what's up? Current 2018 X5M owner considering trading for a 2023 X3M Comp. Just looking in the threads to get a feel for the consensus on the SUV.

Always had 5 Series midsize cars and the F15 M sport and now an X5M for the last two years. Just lurking around to see what's up.
I moved over from an e70 X5M to the X3M.

My X5M couldnt dream of being as good as this car on its best day.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2022, 04:59 PM   #3
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgz View Post
Quote:

I hear you but the F85 is a whole other X5M beast. Regardless, I'm liking the 2023 XM3 Comp. I had my car in for service and they had one loaded exactly how I would spec it out except for the color. It was a Rich Blue color. If it were sapphire black I would have been sitting for hours in hard negotiations to take it.

Close but no cigar. At least not yet. 😳😬
      10-02-2022, 05:31 PM   #4
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I hear you but the F85 is a whole other X5M beast. Regardless, I'm liking the 2023 XM3 Comp. I had my car in for service and they had one loaded exactly how I would spec it out except for the color. It was a Rich Blue color. If it were sapphire black I would have been sitting for hours in hard negotiations to take it.

As I am sure you know, there is no negotiation these days. You get MSRP it's the best you are going to do. There's more buyers than cars. Try hard negotiating and they will probably tell you to have a nice day. The dynamic has shifted.
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2022, 06:17 PM   #5
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfit View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As I am sure you know, there is no negotiation these days. You get MSRP it's the best you are going to do. There's more buyers than cars. Try hard negotiating and they will probably tell you to have a nice day. The dynamic has shifted.
I've actually walked away a few times before and I've been called back. No emotional attachment and must be ready to walk out. But if that XM3 Comp they had in stock was in Sapphire Black oh man, I don't know. Lol😬😆 I'd pay sticker but would try to get a bit more on the trade to offset the sticker price. That would be my negotiation stance.

If I'm ready I'm not going to play, I'll start by saying I'll give you this for yours and I want this for mine and I'll take it today right now. I know their game, they'll try and recoup during the financing stage. At that point I may come in with a cashiers check from a bank at a lower interest rate. There are a couple of ways to try and get a little something. My last three BM's were from them all pre-certified so I'm pretty good with the finance dept but like I e said before, they are not your friends so you need to be ready for a battle.
      10-02-2022, 06:28 PM   #6
Gfit
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3M, 2024 X5M. Sold 2022

I guess if that's your style. I just look for a fair deal not a battle.
Appreciate 2
thestimp969.00
      10-02-2022, 06:33 PM   #7
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I guess if that's your style. I just look for a fair deal not a battle.
Only if there's no wiggle room on sticker. If we don't ask or try to get something off, they'll sell at sticker all day.

Not argumentative and always professional. I may not get anything but I'll definitely try.
      10-04-2022, 01:44 AM   #8
IcEWoLF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340 XDrive

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've actually walked away a few times before and I've been called back. No emotional attachment and must be ready to walk out. But if that XM3 Comp they had in stock was in Sapphire Black oh man, I don't know. Lol😬😆 I'd pay sticker but would try to get a bit more on the trade to offset the sticker price. That would be my negotiation stance.

If I'm ready I'm not going to play, I'll start by saying I'll give you this for yours and I want this for mine and I'll take it today right now. I know their game, they'll try and recoup during the financing stage. At that point I may come in with a cashiers check from a bank at a lower interest rate. There are a couple of ways to try and get a little something. My last three BM's were from them all pre-certified so I'm pretty good with the finance dept but like I e said before, they are not your friends so you need to be ready for a battle.
This is mine, I love the black sapphire metallic. The only down side is that my brake calipers are black. Would have preferred yellow or the standard blue ones.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-04-2022, 01:48 AM   #9
IcEWoLF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340 XDrive

The X3M is pretty big imo.
The X5M is nicer and the ride quality is probably less harsh than the X3M comp.
I don't know man, the S58 is a beast of an engine, but so is the V8 that is in the X5M.

Interior space wise, the X5M is bigger. It feels way more spacious imo.

I love the X5M, but not in love with the price. I used the savings to have my whole car clear bra, ceramic coat, window tinted, center console carbon fiber, and still probably 20-25k cheaper than an X5M Comp.

If you got the money I think X5M is the way to go because of that V8.
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2022, 02:25 AM   #10
Slickrick2
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcEWoLF View Post
The X3M is pretty big imo.
The X5M is nicer and the ride quality is probably less harsh than the X3M comp.
I don't know man, the S58 is a beast of an engine, but so is the V8 that is in the X5M.

Interior space wise, the X5M is bigger. It feels way more spacious imo.

I love the X5M, but not in love with the price. I used the savings to have my whole car clear bra, ceramic coat, window tinted, center console carbon fiber, and still probably 20-25k cheaper than an X5M Comp.

If you got the money I think X5M is the way to go because of that V8.
That's a nice one! Enjoy it! I have the Black Sapphire Edition. The interior is red on black. Love it! They don't sell that color combo so the next best thing is the black on the red orange color. Apologies, I forgot the color name. If I were to get the X3M it would be a comp in those colors.