BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-03-2018, 06:10 PM   #1
rcsup1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: x3 35i

Bootmod3 help!

Hi All,

I finally purchased the bootmod3 and have been trying for hours to register my vehicle with no success

I have followed all the instructions. I have the enet cable connected, ignition on seat belt bulked, car charger on, downloaded the windows agent and cannot get past the registration part. It keeps bringing me to the down load?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
E90705
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90/F25 M-sport

Why not send a message to pro tuning freaks? Probably get a better answer than on here tbh.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #3
rcsup1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just to update this, I had already opened a ticket with them. They where quick to respond and immediately set-up a time the next day to resolve the issue. There was an issue with the ID I was issued that was tied to my vin. It took them nearly an hour to resolve the issue, but they did resolve it. I am now a happy bootmod3 user . Stage 2 93 map

Top notch customer service and troubleshooting on there end I highly recommend them!

The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was the burbles. I have it set to full aggression, 3sec duration, but can barely hear them. Granted I am on the stock exhaust (no cat) so perhaps that is absorbing it. I will be setting up a custom exhaust in the future so we'll see.

Kinda of wish I had gone with the AGG map but I didn't know at the time what the difference was between the 2 maps.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 11:10 PM   #4
E90705
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90/F25 M-sport

When I had the stock muffler and meowless dp, I had mhd burbles set to medium and 1.2 sec duration. It was pretty loud and noticeable. After that I went Remus exhaust and I tried the hard setting which is the most aggressive and the bangs were honestly a bit too loud. I found soft or medium burble setting at 0.8 on sport to be perfect and just barely tasteful on my setup.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsup1 View Post
The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was the burbles. I have it set to full aggression, 3sec duration, but can barely here them. Granted I am on the stock exhaust (no cat) so perhaps that is absorbing it. I will be setting up a custom exhaust in the future so we'll see.

Kinda of wish I had gone with the AGG map but I didn't know at the time what the difference was between the 2 maps.
This is for the S55 engine, but I can't see why it would be different. Pretty sure you aren't supposed to do that… You need catless downpipes for the aggressive maps. Notice how the AGG maps are for stage 2 only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid View Post
With the purchase of the S55 license the following maps are FREE:

Stage 0+ (M4 CS)
Stage 0+ (M4 CSL)
Stage 0+ (M4 GTS)
Stage CS+

OTS maps (one free or $100 to unlock access to all of them):

Stage 1 91 octane
Stage 1 93 octane
Stage 1 ACN91 octane (BETA)
Stage 2 91 octane
Stage 2 91 octane (AGG)
Stage 2 93 octane
Stage 2 93 octane (AGG)
Stage 2 ACN91 octane (BETA)
Stage 2 E30 octane
Stage 2 E30 octane (AGG)
Stage 2 Race Gas
Stage 2H 93 octane
Stage 2H E30 octane

"H" maps are for upgraded turbos
"AGG" maps feature aggressive burbles
Quote:
Stage 1 is for stock cars and for stage 2 downpipes are recommended.

The aggressive burble tunes require cats to be removed. I assume that the burbles are louder and more frequent, but I haven’t tried them yet.

Last edited by Lotus99; 12-10-2018 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 04:50 PM   #6
rcsup1
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Quote:
The only thing I was slightly disappointed in was the burbles. I have it set to full aggression, 3sec duration, but can barely here them. Granted I am on the stock exhaust (no cat) so perhaps that is absorbing it. I will be setting up a custom exhaust in the future so we'll see.

This is for the S55 engine, but I can't see why it would be different. Pretty sure you aren't supposed to do that… You need cat list downpipes for the aggressive maps. Notice how the AGG maps are for stage 2 only?

Quote:
With the purchase of the S55 license the following maps are FREE:

Stage 0+ (M4 CS)
Stage 0+ (M4 CSL)
Stage 0+ (M4 GTS)
Stage CS+

OTS maps (one free or $100 to unlock access to all of them):

Stage 1 91 octane
Stage 1 93 octane
Stage 1 ACN91 octane (BETA)
Stage 2 91 octane
Stage 2 91 octane (AGG)
Stage 2 93 octane
Stage 2 93 octane (AGG)
Stage 2 ACN91 octane (BETA)
Stage 2 E30 octane
Stage 2 E30 octane (AGG)
Stage 2 Race Gas
Stage 2H 93 octane
Stage 2H E30 octane

"H" maps are for upgraded turbos
"AGG" maps feature aggressive burbles
Quote:
Stage 1 is for stock cars and for stage 2 downpipes are recommended.

The aggressive burble tunes require cats to be removed. I assume that the burbles are louder and more frequent, but I haven't tried them yet.
I have no catalytic. Lol i gutted the whole thing!
2011 F25 X3 35i |M-Sport Front Bumper Conversion|Largus Full Adjustable Coilovers|FTP Charge Pipes|Gutted Catalytic Downpipe|RB Oil Cooler Thermostat Delete|25 Row Oil Cooler|Custom Built Cold Air Intake|9"AEM Cone Filter Behind Kidney Grills With Outerwear|Precision Raceworks Coils|BM3 Stage 2 E30 Tune| BM3 Upgraded 8-speed TCU Flash|395mm X5M Front Brakes
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #7
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
I have no catalytic. Lol i gutted the whole thing!
Oh yeah, I see you said that... Don't know how I missed it. Maybe I read "stock exhaust" and thought it was stock exhaust system, as few people go catless on their X3's!
Appreciate 1
rcsup1153.50