BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-24-2021, 10:44 PM   #23
kunalfred@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Drive train malfunction

My X3 ,X drive 28i is 2017 and I have 101,200 Km on it. Got this car from an authorised BMW dealer in Ottawa at 59k km a year ago in Nov 2020.

Today while I was stopped and car was in drive mode with auto hold on, I could feel some jerking in the car.
I tried putting it in parking, all was good and then to reverse, this time again I could feel the jerk when it was in reverse gear.

I Drove the car and the moment I would cross 60km/hr, I would feel more jerks in the car. Tried manual mode but nothing changed.

Then I drove at regular 60km/hr for a while and whenever tried to accelerate, I could feel the jerks. There is no alarm yet on the screen.

I decided to drive back home and then I got the alarm for “drivetrain malfunction: Drive moderately, maximum drivetrain output not available”.

The car started to vibrate and I could feel vibration while stopped on red lights and when I am driving very slow , 50km/hr.

The car is in my garage now.

Has anyone faced this issue before? What could it be and what are possibilities of fault?

Thank you

Last edited by kunalfred@gmail.com; 12-24-2021 at 11:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2022, 05:33 PM   #24
triglobe2020@gmail.com
Ashoktoronto
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW x3 2013 2.0 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesparks View Post
I'm new here, I recently bought a 2013 BMW X3 x28i and I had the drivetrain malfunction, I took it to the dealership and had it diagnosed, for $189, I was told the software is outdated so I had to pay $269 to update it, and then they say it had a code 120308 which said "charging pressure control, plausibility pressure too low" so I had to pay another $189 for a smoke test, then they said there's a leak on the "vacuum hose that feeds off of the vacuum pump splice to the REAR EPDW (runs from the front engine bay to the rear of the car). Now I was told it will take 9hrs of labor to replace the vacuum pipe and that will cost $1868. And the vacuum pipe is $92 as they quote even though when I googled it, it was $46. so I'm looking about $2100+. Guys please I need your suggestions. Or does anyone knows of a mechanic in So Cal ( FONTANA) area that can fix it for cheaper? Thank you.
Hi,
The problem is similar to what I have in my X3 2013 2.0 litre,same diagnosis from dealer in my car,can u pl. share what did u do to fix it? Triglobe2020@gmail.com .
Thx
Ash
Appreciate 0