BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-11-2021, 03:58 PM   #1
hajar
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

FSC rejected after ISTA+ fault memory clearing

My Speed Limit Info FSC is getting rejected after deleting fault memory with ISTA+ 4.31.

I could imagine clearing faults in ISTA could affect FSC codes. Anyone has any idea how its possible? I'd like to understand it better to know what ISTA is safe and not safe for doing.

Also anyone has any idea what ISTA may have done to make my KAFAS2 FSC code invalid and if there is a way to make it work again?

I have original KAFAS2, but retro-coded FSC to activate speed limit info. Would hugely appreciate any hints.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 02:40 AM   #2
hajar
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 F25

This is the screenshot of errors I had before clearing them. I suspect that thanks to one of the errors SLI was working and corresponding FSC was accepted. When I cleared that error, it somehow caused FSC to get rejected.

One of the errors was in KAFAS ECU and before clearing errors it was shown as yellow. After clearing errors KAFAS became green, but SLI stopped working.

Sadly, I didn't check which error was in KAFAS ECU. I suspect that it was "CON: Control unit is not encoded for the vehicle". This error is no longer present.

Could it be the case? Anyone has any idea?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dv88rot2ai...58.19.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bymf11m8a2...57.12.png?dl=0
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2022, 11:28 PM   #3
addy27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Same issue, just confirming that ista 4.31 has some sneaky way of rejecting retrofitted vin Kafas FSCs!

However it does allow you to upgrade them back if you have your FSC kit and the donor vin.. so it’s not a total loss..
Appreciate 0