BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-23-2021, 04:50 PM   #45
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3m

Has anybody bettered 17% discount in uk? Looking to order soon
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 05:59 PM   #46
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky401 View Post
Has anybody bettered 17% discount in uk? Looking to order soon
22% but this was ordered back in the end of may.

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2021, 10:27 PM   #47
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

That is good, I got 15%, but did get a good deal on my trade in, compared to WBAC.com.
      08-24-2021, 01:16 AM   #48
Tricky401
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3m

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
22% but this was ordered back in the end of may.
That’s a very good deal. Can you let me know the dealer/ salesman? Either on here or pm some details please
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2021, 01:14 PM   #49
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Just been told that my car enters production in Week 37 with expected delivery at the beginning of November. Looks like it's gone back 2 weeks.

Nevermind

I now have a digital brochure

https://webfrontend.evecp.bmw.cloud/c133dd4
HoJoRo315.50
mathys198.00
      08-27-2021, 04:52 PM   #50
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mustang Bullitt

Thanks for sharing the digi brochure mate .. most appreciated ... the groundswell of anticipation can be felt here on Anglesey mate ... the extra wait will be worth it on the big day

I try will all best intensions to put it to the back of my mind , but cannot resist popping back here for the latest X3M /X4M updates from the Bimmer Crewe over t'other side of the pond

If we all get ours around the same time , perhaps we should organise a 1200 mile tour de UK , to get the run in done and dusted

Proper "droolsville" BSM with the SO interior .. wow
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White

Last edited by HoJoRo; 08-27-2021 at 05:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
Spoonhead361.00
      08-27-2021, 06:22 PM   #51
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJoRo View Post
Thanks for sharing the digi brochure mate .. most appreciated ... the groundswell of anticipation can be felt here on Anglesey mate ... the extra wait will be worth it on the big day

I try will all best intensions to put it to the back of my mind , but cannot resist popping back here for the latest X3M /X4M updates from the Bimmer Crewe over t'other side of the pond

If we all get ours around the same time , perhaps we should organise a 1200 mile tour de UK , to get the run in done and dusted

Proper "droolsville" BSM with the SO interior .. wow
I'll be travelling down to Sheffield from Dundee when mine lands lol.

I'm expecting early November at the latest but we'll see.

Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50
      08-28-2021, 04:54 AM   #52
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

That would be JC of Dundee then mate

They were my starting point when looking at the X3MC but at the time it was pre LCI. JC had the best deal on the table across the whole of the UK from what I could find with 6k and 11.5k BMW FS & JC discounts respectively , combined 17.5k discounts and at the 2.9% rate. When the pre LCI was dropped from purchase and the LCI was introduced the pricing changed somewhat , with quite an increase in MSRP and less contributions.
What worked for me though is that I took JC's pre lci offer to my dealer , which they priced matched, then when the LCI was introduced my dealer maintained the same deal as matched on the pre LCI. My dealer already had the best trade-in offer on my 440i. Unfortunately my dealer shot themselves in the foot when they reduced my 440i by £500 in July, irrespective of the market still on the rise for AUC. Nonetheless I already had two other dealers around the table on the X3MC LCI deal, one of which ticked all the right boxes and was super keen to have me on board as a new customer . So I got my 26k trade-in providing 4.5k of equity , and a priced matched deal on the X3MC LCI that actually was the original pre LCI deal offered by JC

All that said my trip back home will be from the South West back to the Isle of Anglesey

Doing the Maths on my deal .. I am just shy of your 22% at 19% or thereabouts, as you ordered yours in May that would be still based on the pre LCI deal

The whole process has been a tactical mission to say the least with timing critical in achieving the best trade in deal and the best deal on a new car ... desired objective achieved!

The wait continues .. and will i regret not going for AW, SPY, BSM or BG ? and opting for the SMB'esque MBB .. we'll see .. tbh I really don't care .. I saw a metallic brown X1 yesterday on my trip over to Liverpool , even in that "poo" colour I'd be happy ... it would be the definitive "sh1t off a shovel" then

Last edited by HoJoRo; 08-28-2021 at 05:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 04:56 AM   #53
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

That would be JC of Dundee then mate

They were my starting point when looking at the X3MC but at the time it was pre LCI. JC had the best deal on the table across the whole of the UK from what I could find with 6k and 11.5k BMW FS & JC discounts respectively , combined 17.5k discounts and at the 2.9% rate. When the pre LCI was dropped from purchase and the LCI was introduced the pricing changed somewhat , with quite an increase in MSRP and less contributions.
What worked for me though is that I took JC's pre lci offer to my dealer , which they priced matched, then when the LCI was introduced my dealer maintained the same deal as matched on the pre LCI. My dealer already had the best trade-in offer on my 440i. Unfortunately my dealer shot themselves in the foot when they reduced my 440i by £500, irrespective of the market still on the rise for AUC. Nonetheless I already had two other dealers around the table of the X3MC LCI deal, one of which ticked all the right boxes and was super keen to have me on board as a new customer . So I got my 26k trade-in proving 4.5k of equity , and a priced matched deal on the X3MC LCI that actually was the original pre LCI deal offered by JC

All that said my trip back home will be from the South West back to the Isle of Anglesey
It is, JC matched the pre lci offer (well slightly better as I got a touch better than the standard offer) on the lci so all good with me.

Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50
      08-28-2021, 05:20 AM   #54
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
It is, JC matched the pre lci offer (well slightly better as I got a touch better than the standard offer) on the lci so all good with me.
Awesome mate that will be one hell of an epic drive back down to Sheffield from Dundee ... way way better than M5 > M6 > M56 > A55 my route back home, unless I take the A5 of course .... took the A5 many times in my 440i on the commute back home from London, hitting the A5 off the M54 around Telford, what a blast

Btw .. did you have trouble getting a deal out of Sytner in Sheffield?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 09:11 AM   #55
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Awesome mate that will be one hell of an epic drive back down to Sheffield from Dundee ... way way better than M5 > M6 > M56 > A55 my route back home, unless I take the A5 of course .... took the A5 many times in my 440i on the commute back home from London, hitting the A5 off the M54 around Telford, what a blast

Btw .. did you have trouble getting a deal out of Sytner in Sheffield?
Yeah, Sytner seemed very disinterested in selling me a car full stop so I didn't pursue trying to give them my business.

Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50
      08-28-2021, 03:34 PM   #56
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC - 2022???

Hi All

I can't find another more specific thread regarding the deletions. I placed my order today, but right up until then I was told absolutely no deletions (well apart from the digital key...). Then the order gets put into the system and bingo - no wireless charging.

Has anyone had any information on possible retrofit's if and when the chip availability normalises?

I guess it's the Near Field Communication chip for the doors and the chip that controls the induction charging, so both 'little boxes' could be retrofitted along with a coding update - you would hope everything else would be there, just neatly terminated and taped up.

I went for Brooklyn Grey with Sakhir Orange in the end - spent over a week going between that and Marina Bay Blue - one crazy hour on the individual colours site then finally decided on the grey. First world problems indeed...

"Rules are for the obedience of fools and for the guidance of wise men..." Douglas Bader
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 03:50 PM   #57
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckypil0t View Post
Hi All

I can't find another more specific thread regarding the deletions. I placed my order today, but right up until then I was told absolutely no deletions (well apart from the digital key...). Then the order gets put into the system and bingo - no wireless charging.

Has anyone had any information on possible retrofit's if and when the chip availability normalises?

I guess it's the Near Field Communication chip for the doors and the chip that controls the induction charging, so both 'little boxes' could be retrofitted along with a coding update - you would hope everything else would be there, just neatly terminated and taped up.

I went for Brooklyn Grey with Sakhir Orange in the end - spent over a week going between that and Marina Bay Blue - one crazy hour on the individual colours site then finally decided on the grey. First world problems indeed...
Hi mate .. first off congrats on your X3MC LCI order ... BG/SO great choice

During my ordering process relating to the deletes all I have been told is that if the chips do become available during build then they will fitted. No mention of any retrofit policy .. at present.

Just a minor observation mate .. your signature > you need to change G01 to F97 and nice quote btw
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2021, 04:05 PM   #58
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi All

Welcome to the UK thread.

It might be possible to retrofit, but no one knows for sure yet. One thing that also appears to be happening, is in the area where the charging mat would normally be, it’s just bare plastic, not even a mat to rest the phone on or whatever.

This shortage, by all accounts is likely to get bigger before it gets better. There was already a 4 month shortage of chips going into 2020/21, then a fire at a major manufacturer, just made it worse.
HoJoRo315.50
      08-29-2021, 04:43 AM   #59
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Hi mate .. first off congrats on your X3MC LCI order ... BG/SO great choice

During my ordering process relating to the deletes all I have been told is that if the chips do become available during build then they will fitted. No mention of any retrofit policy .. at present.

Just a minor observation mate .. your signature > you need to change G01 to F97 and nice quote btw
Thanks for the info - here starts the wait... and the emails, more emails, vin checker, pdi nightmares, etc, etc...

"Rules are for the obedience of fools and for the guidance of wise men..." Douglas Bader
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 04:46 AM   #60
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Welcome to the UK thread.

It might be possible to retrofit, but no one knows for sure yet. One thing that also appears to be happening, is in the area where the charging mat would normally be, it’s just bare plastic, not even a mat to rest the phone on or whatever.

This shortage, by all accounts is likely to get bigger before it gets better. There was already a 4 month shortage of chips going into 2020/21, then a fire at a major manufacturer, just made it worse.
Thanks for the info - hopefully there will be some neat little rubber trays to hold the phone in place!

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 11:50 AM   #61
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

lol . now that we are seeing some great pics being posted of peep's new LCI's .. I have put in an 11th hour change to my order - replacing the 765M Light alloys with the M Competition 892M Light alloys.
The 892M's actually do look near all black in most light conditions, I am not a huge fan of the diamond cut, polished and lacquered alloys as per the 765M's ..... but equally not a fan of over complicated "hard to detail" alloys .... but the look of the M Comp wheels over-rules the cleaning process

Last edited by HoJoRo; 10-22-2021 at 03:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 02:48 PM   #62
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
lol . now that we are seeing some great pics being posted of peep's new LCI's .. I have put in an 11th change to my order - replacing the 765M Light alloys with the M Competition 892M Light alloys.
The 892M's actually do look near all black in most light conditions, I am not a huge fan of the diamond cut, polished and lacquered alloys as per the 765M's ..... but equally not a fan of over complicated "hard to detail" alloys .... but the look of the M Comp wheels over-rules the cleaning process

Good decision. Any pictures I’ve seen of them, they look really smart. Hopefully it won’t impact on your delivery.
HoJoRo315.50
      08-29-2021, 02:59 PM   #63
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Good decision. Any pictures I’ve seen of them, they look really smart. Hopefully it won’t impact on your delivery.
Yeah thanks bud, I would have thought it would not be a problem as it is a zero cost change , and if anything could even be changed at the build stage .. looking at the production vids of the manufacturing plant the wheels go on quite late in the process ....
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2021, 05:51 PM   #64
r0ckypil0t
Private
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Yeah thanks bud, I would have thought it would not be a problem as it is a zero cost change , and if anything could even be changed at the build stage .. looking at the production vids of the manufacturing plant the wheels go on quite late in the process ....
If only they could send you a link on the day they made your car so you could see it being made in real time!
Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50
      08-29-2021, 08:57 PM   #65
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If only they could send you a link on the day they made your car so you could see it being made in real time!
That would be so cool mate
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2021, 04:38 AM   #66
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Guys .. just got word from my dealer that my X3MC is in build and will be delivered later this month , but too late to change the wheels to the 892M's .. However they have a build slot for later this year in keeping with the original delivery of late Nov / early December , so I have decided to take the later one now, and get the 892M's

It does beg the question that the X3MC in build now may well be up for grabs, if not already taken / sold ... I'll check with my dealer and report back

The Spec:

Marina Bay Blue
Black Extended Merino
765M Light Alloys
Standard Tech Pack
Parking Assist Plus Pack
Pan Roof
Tow Bar

Noting: Digi Key and Wireless Charging deletion

The purpose of the Tow Bar is for my Thule MTB rack for me and my 12 year old twins (boy and girl) , when we head off to Snowdonia mountain biking , I have the factory Tow Bar on my Transporter for the same purpose , but did n't want to be tied down to just using the Van for MTB trips, and another opportunity to drive the "M" Car 120 mile round trip from home on the Isle of Anglesey to Snowdonia MTB Centre(s).

Last edited by HoJoRo; 09-01-2021 at 12:07 PM..
Appreciate 0