BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-22-2021, 08:52 AM   #23
stefan4
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 340i on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonhead View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
Happy days. Can't come soon enough for me, to make it worse, the a/c in the Scenic has decided to be shit, so my frustration with that car grows on a daily basis!
How long before your car arrives?
No idea :

I'm just hoping the dealer does have an allocation otherwise I'll be pissed!

I was told it would be "one of the 1st in the uk". I haven't chased them on it though to be fair, I'm trying not to look like a petulant child waiting for Christmas (which of course I am! Lmao!!).

They estimated November ish do I'm naturally hoping this was a little pessimistic and infact it should arrive around the same time as yours.

Gone but not forgotten - F80 m3 Comp, F30 340i, F30 - 320i
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2021, 09:01 AM   #24
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan4 View Post
No idea :

I'm just hoping the dealer does have an allocation otherwise I'll be pissed!

I was told it would be "one of the 1st in the uk". I haven't chased them on it though to be fair, I'm trying not to look like a petulant child waiting for Christmas (which of course I am! Lmao!!).

They estimated November ish do I'm naturally hoping this was a little pessimistic and infact it should arrive around the same time as yours.
I signed my order this morning, so yours should be before mine.
      07-29-2021, 08:02 AM   #25
wickeded
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X4M Comp LCI 2022

I ordered my X4M Comp at the start of the month (03/07) and just been told today it should be delivered week 46, mid November. Should start to see allocations coming through!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 09:14 AM   #26
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickeded View Post
I ordered my X4M Comp at the start of the month (03/07) and just been told today it should be delivered week 46, mid November. Should start to see allocations coming through!
My order date was 16/7 and got quoted week 41. Would the X4M Comp be likely to take longer, or have you gone for a special paint job?
      07-29-2021, 09:21 AM   #27
wickeded
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
My order date was 16/7 and got quoted week 41. Would the X4M Comp be likely to take longer, or have you gone for a special paint job?
Not 100% sure if I'm honest, I've gone for Sophisto Grey, Black extended Merino leather with laserlights, Tech pack & Pano sunroof so maybe that's why.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 11:53 AM   #28
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mustang Bullitt

Interesting Gents,

I traded in my 2018 F32 440i on the 31st of July for the incoming X3MC Lci , ordered last week with a estimated delivery of late October now (was initially late Nov / early Dec)

Marina Bay Blue
Black Extended Merino
765M Light Alloys (892M Lights too fussy for me)
Standard Tech Pack
Parking Assist Plus Pack
Pan Roof
Tow Bar

and concur on the Digi Key and Wireless Charging deletion

Super stoked .. first full fat "M" Car , following 2018 M2 N55 and F32 440i B58

Last edited by HoJoRo; 08-10-2021 at 12:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 01:24 PM   #29
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoJoRo View Post
Interesting Gents,

I traded in my 2018 F32 440i on the 31st of July for the incoming X3MC Lci , ordered last week with a estimated delivery of late October now (was initially late Nov / early Dec)

Marina Bay Blue
Black Extended Merino
765M Light Alloys (892M Lights too fussy for me)
Standard Tech Pack
Parking Assist Plus Pack
Pan Roof
Tow Bar

and concur on the Digi Key and Wireless Charging deletion

Super stoked .. first full fat "M" Car , following 2018 M2 N55 and F32 440i B58
Sounds great. My first full M car as well. I had the same estimated delivery when I ordered 4 weeks ago. Only problem now, is I’ll be out of the country when it’s delivered, so the wife is picking it up.

What colour brake callipers did you go for?
      08-10-2021, 02:58 PM   #30
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Sounds great. My first full M car as well. I had the same estimated delivery when I ordered 4 weeks ago. Only problem now, is I’ll be out of the country when it’s delivered, so the wife is picking it up.

What colour brake callipers did you go for?
Noooo! You could defer the pick up until you are back in the UK bud.

Don't forget the "M" run in procedure and subsequent 1200 mile "M" run service.

I went for (after much deliberation) the stock Blue Callipers, kind of matching the Marina Bay Blue Met.

I was under the impression that I would be changing my 440i for an F82 M4 Competition in SMB , sadly not ... due to price hikes on AUC, high apr's , typically 8.9% and low Rv's on the PCP , the X3MC actually ticked all the boxes, and MBB being as close to SMB as possible .. it really was a no brainer for me .. and 3 deals on the table from 3 different BMW Dealers all well under the price to change to a 2 year old F82 M4C Ultimate, I'll thank BMW FS for that for 2.9% apr and a rather large RV keeping the monthly within budget.

Still ... huge respect for all X3 owners , one of , if not the best looking SAV on the planet. The X40i with its glorious B58 engine , as per my 440i albeit somewhat enhanced with the updated tuned version is a masterclass build.

The X3MC just takes things to the next level ... the last blast (for me at least) shall we say until the hybrid / EV world takes over.

Quite ironic really .. the last 16 months since lock down kicked in have literally flown by , the next 2-3 months will be a snails pace no doubt

lol forget to say .. I am one of the "noisy neighbours" based on your "location" unless you follow Cricket that is

I was so tempted for BSM, looking proper badass , 2 of my last VW Transporters have been Deep Black Pearl, I swear to myself each time its time to renew "never going for black again" but I cannot resist .. when detailed up and in full glory, hard to beat.

My 440i and M2 were Alpine White ... a mare to clean / detail in the Sun .... have to wear the shades to avoid snow blind effect.

Looking forward to some pics on here when the first LCI's land ... bring it on !

Last edited by HoJoRo; 08-10-2021 at 03:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #31
HeresMyCar
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F97 X3M Competition

Great to see all these orders. I've placed my order last week!

Marina Bay Blue
Adelaide Grey
892M Wheels
Pan Roof

It comes well kitted with what I'm used to in my current 440i so the Pan roof works for me!

Looking forward to seeing pics towards the end of year !

Let's see when delivery comes in....
      08-14-2021, 12:07 PM   #32
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeresMyCar View Post
Great to see all these orders. I've placed my order last week!

Marina Bay Blue
Adelaide Grey
892M Wheels
Pan Roof

It comes well kitted with what I'm used to in my current 440i so the Pan roof works for me!

Looking forward to seeing pics towards the end of year !

Let's see when delivery comes in....
Will be nice to see all these UK orders come in. I can’t remember if I’ve actually seen one in the flesh since it’s launch.
HoJoRo315.50
      08-14-2021, 12:41 PM   #33
wickeded
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Will be nice to see all these UK orders come in. I can’t remember if I’ve actually seen one in the flesh since it’s launch.
Indeed, I was saying the other day I've genuinely never seen an M Comp X3/4/5/6 in the UK so hoping a few will pop up once these come in. I am up North but still!
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 03:27 PM   #34
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Evening all,
I had a brief email exchange with my BMW Dealer yesterday, with a view to clarifying build date, tracking availability, and anticipated delivery date (approx).. the answer that came back was .......>

"Unfortunately BMW have stopped the access for customer to track orders and will solely be dealers that can use this function.

BMW have also had an extended factory closure as they do every year (extended this time because of the semiconductor shortage).

Meaning that I don’t have any further updates for you and maybe wont for a few weeks now.

I will check every three weeks or so for updates and inform you as we move forward".

hmmm ... really?

In the meantime I have been playing around with DVLA Cherished Number Plates ..

https://dvlaregistrations.dvla.gov.uk/

A plate that I was searching for is actually allocated to a 2006 6 Series 650i Convertible, after hunting it down in WeBuyAnyCar.

XOO3 OOM

Tell me I am daft lol ...... so you have the X the 3 and the M and the zero's and O's represent the Quad Pipes .. lol

Suffice to say XOO4 OOM, XOO5 OOM, and XOO6 OOM available for £250 .. bargain .. if that sort of thing floats yer boat

Loosing the plot

Last edited by HoJoRo; 08-14-2021 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 03:44 PM   #35
wickeded
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Evening all,
I had a brief email exchange with my BMW Dealer yesterday, with a view to clarifying build date, tracking availability, and anticipated delivery date (approx).. the answer that came back was .......>

"Unfortunately BMW have stopped the access for customer to track orders and will solely be dealers that can use this function.

BMW have also had an extended factory closure as they do every year (extended this time because of the semiconductor shortage).

Meaning that I don’t have any further updates for you and maybe wont for a few weeks now.

I will check every three weeks or so for updates and inform you as we move forward".

hmmm ... really?

A plate that I was searching for is actually allocated to a 2006 6 Series 650i Convertible, after hunting it down in WeBuyAnyCar.

XOO3 OOM

Tell me I am daft lol ...... so you have the X the 3 and the M and the zero's and O's represent the Quad Pipes .. lol

Suffice to say XOO4 OOM, XOO5 OOM, and XOO6 OOM available for £250 .. bargain .. if that sort of thing floats yer boat

Loosing the plot
Sounds like he's palming you off to be honest. UK tracking is shite, but the live chat on their website gets you answers if you've only got a production number. Maybe he just can't get an allocation?

Last edited by wickeded; 08-14-2021 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50
      08-14-2021, 03:51 PM   #36
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickeded View Post
Sounds like he's palming you off to be honest. UK tracking is shite, but the live chat on their website gets you answers if you've got only got a production number. Maybe he just can't get an allocation?
Thanks mate
The previous dealer email update on 6th of August was ...>

"The car has also been ordered with a much earlier expected delivery date.

It is showing an estimated delivery to us on 17 October. This of course won’t affect a December handover but the car will definitely be available earlier if you wish to take it."

But I have n't been supplied with a build number or allocation slot reference number ... ?

I only have an order number on the New Vehicle Order form

Last edited by HoJoRo; 08-14-2021 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 03:56 PM   #37
wickeded
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thanks mate
The previous dealer email update on 6th of August was ...>

"The car has also been ordered with a much earlier expected delivery date.

It is showing an estimated delivery to us on 17 October. This of course won’t affect a December handover but the car will definitely be available earlier if you wish to take it."

But I have n't been supplied with a build number or allocation slot reference number ... ?
If he can give you the prod number you can get live chat to give you some details, apart from that you're at his mercy I think.
Appreciate 1
HoJoRo315.50
      08-14-2021, 04:00 PM   #38
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks guys for your responses , I'll chase Monday.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 12:18 AM   #39
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Evening all,

hmmm ... really?

XOO3 OOM

Loosing the plot
I got X3 BKB for a plate which goes well. Also bought T80 BKB (for Turbo, I know it’s stretching it a bit) just in case I switch cars in the future. BKB being initials.

My dealer and CS has been really good. He’s keeping me informed on any delivery changes, and hunting out Carbon parts for the car. So far I’m going to switch out the front scoops, side vents and the shift paddles for carbon.

Just seen the wheels in the flesh, and they are darker than what they look like on screen, so the stealth look I’m going for, will be enhanced even further.
      08-15-2021, 05:58 AM   #40
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I got X3 BKB for a plate which goes well. Also bought T80 BKB (for Turbo, I know it’s stretching it a bit) just in case I switch cars in the future. BKB being initials.

My dealer and CS has been really good. He’s keeping me informed on any delivery changes, and hunting out Carbon parts for the car. So far I’m going to switch out the front scoops, side vents and the shift paddles for carbon.

Just seen the wheels in the flesh, and they are darker than what they look like on screen, so the stealth look I’m going for, will be enhanced even further.
loving your stealth approach , what wheels did you opt for, 892M's or the 765M's?

Are you still scheduled for a December delivery? Originally mine was , but got changed to October , once the order was submitted, the 17th to be specific. I emailed the dealer for clarification based on your feedback .. thanks for that.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 06:54 AM   #41
Spoonhead
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
loving your stealth approach , what wheels did you opt for, 892M's or the 765M's?

Are you still scheduled for a December delivery? Originally mine was , but got changed to October , once the order was submitted, the 17th to be specific. I emailed the dealer for clarification based on your feedback .. thanks for that.
892M’s. I saw the M3 version in the showroom, and they looked good. Looks like we will have similar delivery dates. Week 41 is my estimated date, but nothing confirmed yet. They gave me December when I first went in, but as soon as the order was placed, got a better date. Hoping it stays around then or a bit sooner. Would be nice to see it while sun is still shining.
HoJoRo315.50
      08-17-2021, 07:21 PM   #42
HoJoRo
First Lieutenant
Rep

Here's a couple of dealer vids of the X3MC and X4MC LCI

X3M:

X4M:
Gone: 2018 F32 440i MSport+ - Alpine White
Gone: 2018 F87 M2 - Alpine White
Appreciate 2
      08-17-2021, 08:07 PM   #43
bmwmdistrict
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Garage List
2020 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Absolutely gorgeous spec, love the stealth look. Can't wait to see the delivery pics!
Previous: 2016 F82 ///M4 Black Sapphire Metallic | My Build Thread
Appreciate 1
Spoonhead361.00
      08-18-2021, 02:49 AM   #44
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Quote:
Here's a couple of dealer vids of the X3MC and X4MC LCI

X3M:

Awesome color. But I still highly prefer the pre-LCI version in ever way.
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 0