BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-02-2018, 12:48 AM   #1
PAX3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 M Sport

Garage List
2018 X3 3.0 w/MSport Options

A few questions to the group prior to ordering my next X3:
Can you order the black roof rails on the 3.0? They have a part number according to my dealership but there is not option on the build.
Can you get a black kidney grill?
Anyone order the Fineline Cove Matte trim or Gray Poplar? Trying to pair with Phytonic blue with black leather seats with blue contrast. If so any pictures?
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2018, 07:08 AM   #2
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAX3 View Post
Can you order the black roof rails on the 3.0? They have a part number according to my dealership but there is not option on the build.
Anyone order the Fineline Cove Matte trim or Gray Poplar? Trying to pair with Phytonic blue with black leather seats with blue contrast. If so any pictures?
Thanks!
I have the Fineline Cove Matte trim. I am a woodworker and so I pay attention to the feel and finish. My dealer did not have any real samples. Fineline is not smooth it has a lot more texture than I expected. It does have a finish on it, but as the name suggests, it is matte. As a result it will not show micro scratches from day to day use.

In terms of colour, because you have selected black leather, any of the options will look great.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 06:50 AM   #3
Keweenawbee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 X3 30i-m-exec Rides: RT1100

Quote:
Thanks!
We have the color-match black roof rails on ours. It is on the USA order sheet as 3MC High-gloss Roof Rails. The black kidney grill (chrome frame) is default on i30 m-sport (love it). The Fineline Cove Matt trim has all kinds of black accents in it so it melds with the black leather of the seats (very nice surprise). Not sure I would add the blue piping into the mix. It was something I had considered but those funky matching floor mats sort of dampened my enthusiasm for it. Not that you have to keep those!

My wife is out on a 1000 mile adventure with the car (missing the Super Bowl excitement here in the twin cities) but I will attempt again to capture the seats and trim in a photo when she returns. Winter around here does not give me the best light.
Attached Images

Last edited by Keweenawbee; 02-03-2018 at 07:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 08:08 AM   #4
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Thanks!
Are you ordering an M40i (3.0L B58) or the 30i (2.0L B46)?

On the M40i, the 3MC option for Individual Roof Rail high-gloss Shadow Line is standard.

On the 30i it's an option that's included with the M Sport package, otherwise you get 3AT Roof rail, aluminum, satin finish.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 10:26 AM   #5
mlmetzger
United_States
Rep
Drives: X330i 135is

Garage List
2013 BMW 135is  [0.00]
2018 BMW X330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND40oz View Post

On the M40i, the 3MC option for Individual Roof Rail high-gloss Shadow Line is standard.

On the 30i it's an option that's included with the M Sport package, otherwise you get 3AT Roof rail, aluminum, satin finish.

The BMW USA configurator incorrectly shows the satin aluminum rails. Though the image on "Track My BMW" is correct.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-03-2018, 10:55 AM   #6
ND40oz
Major
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmetzger View Post
The BMW USA configurator incorrectly shows the satin aluminum rails. Though the image on "Track My BMW" is correct.
You can option the satin rails with the M Sport Pack as a no cost option if you still want them. Just make sure your order has the 3MC option code listed and not 3AT.
Appreciate 0