BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-17-2023, 11:42 AM   #1
Doc_Cane
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Transmission or Throttle Issues? - 2016 X3

I assume I have a a transmission issue: 2016 BMX X3 sDrive
Edit: May be a throttle issue ...

After driving for a while, the X3 feels like cruise control kicks in, where it wants to go the speed I was driving at even when I slow down. I was going 45, slowed down, but as I let off the brake, the X3 accelerated back up to 45.
I could still brake, but at a stop, the engine would rev up.

Feels like this is transmission issue but not completely sure. Could be a throttle issue?
I'm at 66K miles, havent had a transmission fluid change, but see that its recommended at 60K.

Would a fluid change fix this or is my transmission completely gone at this point? Or is it something else?

Last edited by Doc_Cane; 12-18-2023 at 05:45 PM.. Reason: new info
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2024, 01:38 AM   #2
chris55552
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW x3 35i

transmission fluid change can really revitalize your trans, im only at 50k miles with a 2017 and recently changed my transmission fluid, differentials and all were dark murky looking unhealthy looking fluids. Our vehicles being 6-8 years old now have fluids in them with detergents that will break down by age alone, not to mention mileage wear. Id say definitely change your transmission fluid, its possible there is a software update available for it that could help and many people believe in resetting adaptations which can help. Ive done all and they all seemed to help, more recently installed a dinan throttle booster and jeez you talk about a performance difference.
Appreciate 0