BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-29-2024, 01:11 AM   #1
stocksauce
Canada
Rep
Drives: x3m

1/4 on 93 // canada

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Just wondering what i can expect from 93 pump gas. We dont have access to e85 so thas a no go for me and completely out of the equation.

Ill be running bm3 OTS stage 1 for a bit and then once my downpipes arrive ill throw them plus drop in filters which prob wont do anything and switch into stage 2 OTS.

Ill eventually go with a custom tune. (please reccomend some tuners and drop numbers below if you have their tune)

This is my roadmap for now and was jsut wondering where id be at for 1/4 time and 60-130 times.

Next season will prob swap into some lightweight rims as well. Is it realistic for me too expect mid 10 1/4 times at any point on 93 ?

Are there any other easy weight reductions methods from our cars.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2024, 05:19 AM   #2
Th3Walrus
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC Alpine White/Sahkir

FYI our Canada gas is known to be crap/lower octane, and many find they have to run 91 maps with 93/94 here.

I know this from experience. 3 vehicles prior, I had a 2013 Ford Flex Ecoboost (3.5L twin turbo), which recommended 87 octane, with only 91 for towing/hot weather. Even with 89, anything over 3/4 throttle it would surge and go into limp mode. As soon as I started using 91, it would run perfectly, and gas consumption went way down. It was pulling timing and boost, and dumping in extra fuel to compensate.

I just took delivery of my 2020 X3MC last week, and they delivered it with 91 in the tank. Guess what.. similar. Surging at full throttle, felt slower than the 2020 X3M that I had for 3 weeks prior (before it was written off by an idiot turning left head on into me). I ran the tank as empty as I could, filled with Petro 94 and already feel the improvement.
Appreciate 1
      02-29-2024, 10:42 PM   #3
hybridel
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: Brooklyn Grey X3MC

As mentioned, our fuel sucks.

I've had the best results on shell 93
Appreciate 2