BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-07-2022, 05:57 AM   #485
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imspartacus123 View Post
I chatted to somebody using Genius earlier, I was told my status is 'transit to Bremerhaven (165)'

estimated to be delivered between the 1st - 11th of September

So guessing this means it is on a ship already or does that mean waiting for a ship?

Going to be tight if not on a ship yet.
My 165 status was when the car was still in China. It then changed to 193 when it arrived at Dalian port then to 195 when it was loaded onto the ship. But, it's worth noting that the codes aren't always reliable.

If your car is due to be delivered by the middle of September then working back, it makes sense for it to be on the Grand Orion which left Dalian on 3rd July. It takes 6-7 weeks to get to Southampton which takes us to around 22nd August. A couple of weeks to sort out paperwork etc. and delivered to you by the states you've been advised.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 07:25 AM   #486
GaSelle
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ´23 iX3 M Sport Charged

How do you figure out which ship the cars are on? Our car was built on the 29th of June, but according to my dealer it´s on its way to the port in Dalian. Just curious finding out what ship it will be on - not that it will make the process faster, but I´m quite excited to get the car
      07-07-2022, 08:01 AM   #487
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaSelle View Post
How do you figure out which ship the cars are on? Our car was built on the 29th of June, but according to my dealer it´s on its way to the port in Dalian. Just curious finding out what ship it will be on - not that it will make the process faster, but I´m quite excited to get the car
Being obsessive helps! Firstly, I was checking almost daily which ships were coming into Dalian. The ones of interest only use a small area of the port so it is easier to check which ships were in port at those berths and they're all NYK ships so easier to identify them.

Secondly, check the NYK schedule (link below) - you need the Europe to USA, Caribbean and South America (RTW) one. If you identify a ship, monitor its progress, if it goes to Africa or Australia then your car won't be on it. Mine went to Singapore, through the Suez, Derince, Piraeus, Bristol, Zeebrugge, Antwerp, Bremerhaven and is due into Southampton at the weekend.

If your car was built on 29th June then keep an eye on Grand Orion which left Dalian on 3rd July. If you've missed that one then follow my steps and you'll soon find the next one. Obviously with you being in Denmark means your car will be unloaded during one of the stops made in Europe.

https://www.nykroro.com/customer/schedules.html

Last edited by rs139; 07-11-2022 at 04:29 AM..
Appreciate 1
GaSelle180.50
      07-07-2022, 10:27 AM   #488
Paul1976
Private
Greece
Rep
Drives: iX3 pythonic blue

Hi all!
Just new here,I order a iX3 m sport inspiring edition from Greece on 3/22 my status is still 112 and they gave me production week 29 and delivery approximate mid of November but I don’t have VIN yet .When the car gets VIN number?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2022, 10:48 AM   #489
EVFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 MS Pro 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1976 View Post
Hi all!
Just new here,I order a iX3 m sport inspiring edition from Greece on 3/22 my status is still 112 and they gave me production week 29 and delivery approximate mid of November but I don’t have VIN yet .When the car gets VIN number?
A VIN should be available once the car goes into production. You should ask your dealer at that time. Once you have your VIN you can start to make enquiries to the BMW online expert (or keep hassling your dealer).
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2022, 02:07 PM   #490
AnsAma
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw f46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imspartacus123 View Post
I'm also going through a work scheme, I didn't bother getting in touch with Lex for the order number, contacted dealer direct and they gave me it within a few minutes of asking

So I have that now, how do I go about using Genius to get a status, where do I go?
Hey.. can you please share what dealer works with Lex. I am keen to do the same ..is it park lane.?

Also what all information do you need to get the tracking number from the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 03:25 AM   #491
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsAma View Post
Hey.. can you please share what dealer works with Lex. I am keen to do the same ..is it park lane.?

Also what all information do you need to get the tracking number from the dealer?
It is the Milton Keynes dealer - I can't remember the company name. They have a member of staff dedicated to Lex sales - that must be a lot of cars to provide that resource!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 06:10 AM   #492
AnsAma
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw f46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDEvans View Post
It is the Milton Keynes dealer - I can't remember the company name. They have a member of staff dedicated to Lex sales - that must be a lot of cars to provide that resource!
Thanks. That must be Jardine motors ?

Also, how long did it take in your case for Lex to provide delivery date. I have been waiting for a week with status paused at “vehicle search”
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 06:15 AM   #493
GDEvans
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. That must be Jardine motors ?

Also, how long did it take in your case for Lex to provide delivery date. I have been waiting for a week with status paused at “vehicle search”
To be honest I can't remember. It was over a year ago that my car was ordered. Things were very different then!! The car was ordered pre UK release, and the delivery date changed about 3 times. Then the car was held in Southampton for a month for battery checks.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 07:32 AM   #494
Gweev
Rep
Drives: Ix3 MSport Pro on order

Quote:
Same here, ordered last week with Lex. Waiting to find out delivery date.

What colour and trim you went for? Mine is grey with cream interiors
Mine will be Phytonic blue with black interior.

I had an A3 with red leather seats before and got colour transfer off my jeans. Seats were stained blue. My wife’s white jeans stained red!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 03:57 AM   #495
EVNorfolk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 M Sport Pro on order

We ordered a M Sport Pro Phytonic blue with black interior in the middle of March through a lease with work. Leasing broker came back at the end of March with some build allocations for September/October delivery so changed to the oyster interior.

Have now managed to get our order number and checking with Genius it’s status 112, with an estimated build week of 1st August, so I suspect it’s more likely to be late October now.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2022, 08:41 AM   #496
Imspartacus123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3 MSport Pro

Quote:

The dealer I am dealing with is in Chelmsford, they made contact soon after I made the order with LEX to confirm the colour and spec, they have been very helpful since and always answer any queries very quickly, I asked them for the BMW order number so I could check with genius which they provided in a few minutes. Good luck with your dealer, I feel I have struck lucky with this one.
      07-09-2022, 11:48 AM   #497
rs139
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVNorfolk View Post
We ordered a M Sport Pro Phytonic blue with black interior in the middle of March through a lease with work. Leasing broker came back at the end of March with some build allocations for September/October delivery so changed to the oyster interior.

Have now managed to get our order number and checking with Genius it’s status 112, with an estimated build week of 1st August, so I suspect it’s more likely to be late October now.
Yea October is likely. The standard timeline BMW advise is 12 weeks from production to delivery. It’ll be worth the wait!
Appreciate 1
      07-10-2022, 08:09 AM   #498
Daimlermg
Private
Rep
Drives: Msport pro LCi

Ordered 24 FEb picked up 7 July (Dealer Allocation pre order)
Delayed 4 weeks as the factory shutdown just as it was being built.
Attached Images

Last edited by Daimlermg; 07-10-2022 at 12:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
      07-12-2022, 09:14 AM   #499
Snowman84
Rep
Drives: BMW IX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by handymanuk View Post
If it's estimated delivery 1 month from now then it's no longer in China. It takes a good couple of months to get to the UK once it's built.
Excellent, thanks for the response. Knowles won't give out the dealership name as I would normally give them an email for a further update. Guess it's just a matter of waiting
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 04:07 PM   #500
Mogwai888
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman84 View Post
Excellent, thanks for the response. Knowles won't give out the dealership name as I would normally give them an email for a further update. Guess it's just a matter of waiting
Mines ordered through Knowles. They are a bit funny with passing on details, but if you can get a hold of your vehicle order form (person at your organisation who approved your car should have it) that will show the lease co and also supplying dealer. In my case a dealership in Sunderland but might be different in your case depending on the lease co used. I’ve contacted the supplying dealer and they’ve been helpful in providing more detailed updates.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 06:24 AM   #501
Snowman84
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogwai888 View Post
Mines ordered through Knowles. They are a bit funny with passing on details, but if you can get a hold of your vehicle order form (person at your organisation who approved your car should have it) that will show the lease co and also supplying dealer. In my case a dealership in Sunderland but might be different in your case depending on the lease co used. I’ve contacted the supplying dealer and they’ve been helpful in providing more detailed updates.
Great, thanks for that - As it happens I test drove an IX3 at Vurtue BMW (Boldon) - They said they deal with business leases so wonder if it's the same dealership. I might drop them a message
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2022, 10:09 AM   #502
Imspartacus123
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimlermg View Post
Ordered 24 FEb picked up 7 July (Dealer Allocation pre order)
Delayed 4 weeks as the factory shutdown just as it was being built.
Looks fab, same as what I am getting, more pics please
      07-13-2022, 02:58 PM   #503
EVFan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX3 MS Pro 2022

Ordered 24th Jan (also dealer allocation pre-order), build date March, took delivery this week. So, just a fraction under 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 03:06 AM   #504
Imspartacus123
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVFan View Post
Ordered 24th Jan (also dealer allocation pre-order), build date March, took delivery this week. So, just a fraction under 6 months.
I ordered mid April 22, delivery is down for mid September so 5 months, if it works out I will be happy with that, its given me time to sell mine and sort out EV charger, which I still aint sorted yet.
      07-14-2022, 08:01 AM   #505
Snowman84
Rep

New update today via the business lease company - My car is apparently in a storage compound awaiting transit still. The dealership provided and est delivery date of 8th Aug - As of today this has changed to 30th Sept. To be honest i'm struggling to get my head around this huge delay by nearly 2 month
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2022, 10:16 AM   #506
EndoViper
Private
Rep
Drives: iX3 M Sport Pro

Garage List
Well I have to admit to being really confused by the lead times process.

I have been loitering on here for a while and reading all the replies about orders and delivery dates and how long they took as my partner was in the process of ordering our new car, an M Sport Pro in Phytonic Blue with Oyster interior, through her works GoGreen scheme.

The order was placed on the 4th July according to her employer and it went through the dealer on the 11th July.

At that point she was told an estimated delivery date of late Jan 2023...which we thought was reasonable.

However, we got an email from Sytner this morning confirming the order and providing the AG number. I have just checked this via BMW Chat and been told that the car is built and on it's way from the USA to Bremerhaven!

They said it has an expected delivery date to us of 23/25th September.

Does this sound right as that's a lot sooner than we were told and expected considering how long a lot of the orders in this thread seem to be taking?
Appreciate 0