BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-27-2021, 11:18 AM   #287
Colh68
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 13

Well I just got this from the lease company. Really quite unbelievable....

Good afternoon Colin,

I hope you are well.

I am terribly sorry to hear about this situation! I’ve had my Director straight on the BMW and asked them why if the vehicle is at port and awaiting delivery we can’t just deliver it as normal and I’ve had confirmation that yes the vehicle has arrived and it is the correct vehicle however because of the new launch of the M-Sport they’ve pulled the discount and changed the pricing on your vehicle which means the dealer are unable to offer the vehicle out for delivery until new pricing has been decided, this also means that the price will change.

Given the circumstances, my Director has explained what a difficult situation this puts us and yourself in and given his opinion that they should honour the order that they accepted. Our contact has taken your deal away with him to speak to management at BMW to see if they will assist us in keeping your order as it was.

I hope to have an answer from them by Friday at the latest so I will of course keep you posted.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 11:40 AM   #288
kevz65
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colh68 View Post

Good afternoon Colin,

I hope you are well.

I am terribly sorry to hear about this situation! I’ve had my Director straight on the BMW and asked them why if the vehicle is at port and awaiting delivery we can’t just deliver it as normal and I’ve had confirmation that yes the vehicle has arrived and it is the correct vehicle however because of the new launch of the M-Sport they’ve pulled the discount and changed the pricing on your vehicle which means the dealer are unable to offer the vehicle out for delivery until new pricing has been decided, this also means that the price will change.

Given the circumstances, my Director has explained what a difficult situation this puts us and yourself in and given his opinion that they should honour the order that they accepted. Our contact has taken your deal away with him to speak to management at BMW to see if they will assist us in keeping your order as it was.

I hope to have an answer from them by Friday at the latest so I will of course keep you posted.

I really hope they honor your deal. That is truely shocking by BMW. I would expect they will honor it tbh.
2021 G08 IX3 [ordered]
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 11:52 AM   #289
loxley
Rep
Drives: IX3

Quote:

Good afternoon Colin,

I hope you are well.

That is shocking. How can they try to renege on a agreement they have made with you / your leasing company.

I'm starting to look at alternatives too. The way they are treating their customers does not fill me with any confidence.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:13 AM   #290
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Good afternoon Colin,

I hope you are well.

I can not understand how this can happen, I assume you have paid a deposit, have a confirm quote and a copy of the order?
What doesn't make sense is the pricing thing, you wont be the only customer that has ordered a car that has not been delivered yet so why single you out?
Also surprised that if the new pricing thing is actually true why they didnt offer you the car at the new price rather than advising your car is not available . IMHO I think there is something very fishy going on here, my worry is that it will effect others as well.

Hope you manage to get it all sorted
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 02:50 AM   #291
Colh68
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IX3 Vines View Post
I can not understand how this can happen, I assume you have paid a deposit, have a confirm quote and a copy of the order?
What doesn't make sense is the pricing thing, you wont be the only customer that has ordered a car that has not been delivered yet so why single you out?
Also surprised that if the new pricing thing is actually true why they didnt offer you the car at the new price rather than advising your car is not available . IMHO I think there is something very fishy going on here, my worry is that it will effect others as well.

Hope you manage to get it all sorted
Oh there is definitely something fishy going on and somebody is lying. I am exploring other avenues…
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 03:54 AM   #292
Colh68
Private
Rep

Quote:
Oh there is definitely something fishy going on and somebody is lying. I am exploring other avenues…
AND... BMW have backed down - it will now be released to dealer at original price. I am expecting a month of battery hold now!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 04:12 AM   #293
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW iX3 Premier Edition Pro

Quote:
AND... BMW have backed down - it will now be released to dealer at original price. I am expecting a month of battery hold now!
What absolute nonsense. Serious waste of everyone's time for no reason. You would think that BMW was new to all this making and delivering cars the way they have behaved recently.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 04:20 AM   #294
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Thats great news, so happy for you. I would assume that they would have carried out any checks whilst the car has been in the docks and you wont have any further delays (fingers crossed)
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 04:21 AM   #295
Dl771971
Registered
Rep
Drives: IX3 Premier

IX3 Delivery updates

Hi there,

Does anyone have experience of the updates that your dealer can get whilst your IX3 is in transit?

My dealer tells me that mine is en-route between USA and Bremerhaven, however it has been this status for longer than the crossing should take.

Has anyone managed to get more detail or know what the next update is likely to be?

It is due to the dealer soon (subject to change I guess), however it doesn’t appear to be that close to the uk yet!

Many thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 04:22 AM   #296
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t41l589 View Post
What absolute nonsense. Serious waste of everyone's time for no reason. You would think that BMW was new to all this making and delivering cars the way they have behaved recently.
BMW either just don't care or they are seriously deluded if they think that they can get away with this behaviour without it being reported on social media.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 05:32 AM   #297
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dl771971 View Post
Hi there,

Does anyone have experience of the updates that your dealer can get whilst your IX3 is in transit?

My dealer tells me that mine is en-route between USA and Bremerhaven, however it has been this status for longer than the crossing should take.

Has anyone managed to get more detail or know what the next update is likely to be?

It is due to the dealer soon (subject to change I guess), however it doesn’t appear to be that close to the uk yet!

Many thanks.
Hi

You have a couple of options, you can go on the BMW Online Genius tool at the following link https://discover.bmw.co.uk/help/ if youmanage to get through to an assistant ask where you car is, the status code and expected delivery date. The below is the UK and USA status code lists (both used dependant on who you speak to)

1100 Scheduled
1200 Scheduled for Production
5000 Confirmed for Production
5050 Chassis Number Allocated
5055 Confirmed by Production Control

5100 Bodyshop Start
5190 Bodyshop Complete
5200 Paintshop Start
5260/5270 Paintshop Complete
5300 Pre-Assembly Start
5400 Assembly Start
5500 Assembly Complete

6000 Transfer to Distribution
8200 Released to Carrier
9000 Departed Plant
9605 Pre EU port of exit.
9610/20/30/40/50/60 In Transit
9615/35/45 In Storage
9620 At sea
9630 Port of Entry
9650 Awaiting Dispatch to Dealer
9660 Dispatched to BMW Dealership
9800 Arrived Dealer

0 Order deleted by BMW NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Production Week)
105 Order out of Production Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production (You can still make some changes to your BMW order)
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 Schedule for Carrier
190 In transit to port of exit
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival at destination port

You can also ask your dealer to look up on their systems to give you similar information, early on I prefered the Genius because I didnt want to pxxs off my dealer.

If you get the time I would also suggest that you read through the old posts, there is a wealth of information from all of us.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 05:34 AM   #298
wobbler
Rep
Drives: iX3

Quote:
BMW either just don't care or they are seriously deluded if they think that they can get away with this behaviour without it being reported on social media.
Surely this is just one unscrupulous or foolish dealership? If it were BMW policy, it would be happening to everyone, though I agree it does reflect very badly on BMW. Be interesting to know which dealership it is!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 05:51 AM   #299
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbler View Post
Surely this is just one unscrupulous or foolish dealership? If it were BMW policy, it would be happening to everyone, though I agree it does reflect very badly on BMW. Be interesting to know which dealership it is!
Hi Wobbler, have a read through the historic threads and posts and you may change you view.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 05:53 AM   #300
Colh68
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbler View Post
Quote:
To be clear this was BMW UK not the dealer. The dealer were caught in the middle between BMW and the lease company.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 10:45 AM   #301
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep

The latest update from Genius is that my car is now waiting for dispatch to the dealer (status Code 9650) and is expected to be delivered by Friday 5th November. Based on yesterdays update must mean it has cleared all quality checks and PDI so fingers crossed we are almost there
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 12:22 PM   #302
kevz65
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The latest update from Genius is that my car is now waiting for dispatch to the dealer (status Code 9650) and is expected to be delivered by Friday 5th November. Based on yesterdays update must mean it has cleared all quality checks and PDI so fingers crossed we are almost there
Do they do PDI in Southampton or do the cars go to Thorne first? I heard BMW have a big centre there.
2021 G08 IX3 [ordered]
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 04:39 PM   #303
Archer-s
Captain
Rep
Drives: on order

Just ordered an iX3 M Sport Pro, been told Q1 next year, the countdown starts now
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 03:25 AM   #304
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer-s View Post
Just ordered an iX3 M Sport Pro, been told Q1 next year, the countdown starts now
Welcome Archer-s, Congratulations on your order, take a look through the site there is some great info in the different IX3 threads and posts.
Appreciate 1
Archer-s247.00
      10-29-2021, 03:59 AM   #305
t41l589
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevz65 View Post
Do they do PDI in Southampton or do the cars go to Thorne first? I heard BMW have a big centre there.
I haven't got any evidence of this but I believe that all new vehicles go to Thorne for PDI and Quality Checks.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 04:10 AM   #306
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I haven't got any evidence of this but I believe that all new vehicles go to Thorne for PDI and Quality Checks.
I have had a message from my dealer this morning stating that my car will be delivered to them today and after they have carried out the PDI it will be ready for collection on Tues next week.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 04:26 AM   #307
kevz65
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I have had a message from my dealer this morning stating that my car will be delivered to them today and after they have carried out the PDI it will be ready for collection on Tues next week.
Hoorah! Happy for you after all your waiting.
2021 G08 IX3 [ordered]
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2021, 04:41 AM   #308
IX3 Vines
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevz65 View Post
Hoorah! Happy for you after all your waiting.
Thanks Kevz65, lets hope this is the start of BMW clearing the vehicles in port/storage and you guys get your vehicles soon.

I am trying to be positive but the recent events have made this difficult so will only believe it when I actually see it there in the dealers showroom.
Appreciate 0