BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
XBimmers | BMW X3 Forum BMW X3/X4 Forums Third Generation BMW X3 (G01) General Forum (2017+) Delayed Production

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-15-2018, 11:43 AM   #1
D78
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW X3
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Delayed Production

Placed an order for the 30i M Sport package on 18th Aug in Singapore, and was told will be in time for Sept production (Spartanburg) and est. delivery late Oct-Nov.

Just got a call from dealer on 14 Sept informing that parts for Parking Asst + package is out of stock and production pushed to Jan '19. 4 options given to me:

1. opt out of parking asst. + package - production in Nov, delivery in Jan-Feb.
2. 1 spare unit available for Sept production but not my color of choice (alpine white + black vernasca leather seat, while i chose carbon black + cognac seats).
3. wait for Jan '19 production - delivery in Mar-Apr
4. cancel my order and consider other options (Audi, MB, Volvo)

Anyone of you in the same situation? Also, which options would you go for?
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2018, 12:20 PM   #2
arciga18
Captain
272
Rep
971
Posts

Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D78 View Post
Placed an order for the 30i M Sport package on 18th Aug in Singapore, and was told will be in time for Sept production (Spartanburg) and est. delivery late Oct-Nov.

Just got a call from dealer on 14 Sept informing that parts for Parking Asst + package is out of stock and production pushed to Jan '19. 4 options given to me:

1. opt out of parking asst. + package - production in Nov, delivery in Jan-Feb.
2. 1 spare unit available for Sept production but not my color of choice (alpine white + black vernasca leather seat, while i chose carbon black + cognac seats).
3. wait for Jan '19 production - delivery in Mar-Apr
4. cancel my order and consider other options (Audi, MB, Volvo)

Anyone of you in the same situation? Also, which options would you go for?
Personally I would opt out of the partícula package and have them discount the price of the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 03:32 AM   #3
verysideways
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
68
Rep
433
Posts

Drives: F31 340i touring, F22 M240i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cotswolds, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Can they lend you a comparable car? Id get the vehicle you want but get them to lend you a car for free until that time.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 03:46 AM   #4
RichM50d
Second Lieutenant
108
Rep
267
Posts

Drives: G01 X3M40i & 2017 KTM 1290SAS
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Do you really need parking assist plus? Id get the dealer to discount & do a deal to take one without it
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 03:48 AM   #5
BMWGuySweden
Private First Class
52
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: X3 M40i
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

I would go with the alpine white and black leather. I actually have the Carbon black and cognac leather and love it but the white option with black interior is also very nice.

I personally don't care that much for color choices. I think most of them are very nice. Except for some extreme like red interior etc.

oh and if you go witht the white you should still press for a discount
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #6
D78
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: BMW X3
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Singapore

iTrader: (0)

Thanks, guys!

verysideways - Yes, that was offered to me as I am trading in my car.

arciga18 & RichM50d - I don't really need the autonomous parking feature, but it's under the whole package Park Asst. package. Which means I'll also lose Active PDC (ZX1) and Surround View w 3D view (ZX3). Do you guys think ZX1 & 3 aren't worth waiting for?

BMWGuySweden - Yes, I'm considering this option too. Only thing is, I've previously opted for the M suspension only to realise later that ride may be tad too harsh for me and wifey's liking. Shld I choose to wait for Jan production, I now have the option to switch this to DDC (223). Awesome to know you also have the carbon black+cognac option - do you mind sharing a couple of your pics?

All of you guys have very valid points, which is exactly why I am in this dilemma..I'm likely to lean towards biting the bullet & wait for Jan production
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 09:08 AM   #7
dan321
New Member
United_States
9
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Central FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D78 View Post
Thanks, guys!

Do you guys think ZX1 & 3 aren't worth waiting for?
The surround view is great... you can easily see how close you are to the curb. Even for head in parking it makes it easy to see how close you are to a bollard or scraping the bumper (or radar unit) on a high curb.

Likewise Active driver assistance +. It makes it so much more relaxing to drive on a long trip.

When we we got our X3 all the active features were non-negotiable except that that it seeming none of the dealers in our area had an X3 with all those features, and because of shortages you couldn't order one with them. I almost said "OK I'l do without them... after all we had never had them in the past"

Then one dealer said "Oh we do have one but..." The but was we said we said we weren't looking for an M40i which is what the car was. So we pulled the trigger on the M40i and am very glad we did. Now that we have those features we would buy a never car without them.

And I really glad that the only car on the lot that had all those features was on M40i
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 11:18 AM   #8
BMWGuySweden
Private First Class
52
Rep
142
Posts

Drives: X3 M40i
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D78 View Post
Thanks, guys!

verysideways - Yes, that was offered to me as I am trading in my car.

arciga18 & RichM50d - I don't really need the autonomous parking feature, but it's under the whole package Park Asst. package. Which means I'll also lose Active PDC (ZX1) and Surround View w 3D view (ZX3). Do you guys think ZX1 & 3 aren't worth waiting for?

BMWGuySweden - Yes, I'm considering this option too. Only thing is, I've previously opted for the M suspension only to realise later that ride may be tad too harsh for me and wifey's liking. Shld I choose to wait for Jan production, I now have the option to switch this to DDC (223). Awesome to know you also have the carbon black+cognac option - do you mind sharing a couple of your pics?

All of you guys have very valid points, which is exactly why I am in this dilemma..I'm likely to lean towards biting the bullet & wait for Jan production
Have some pics on the second page in this thread

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...1475582&page=2

Not much from the interior though..

Last edited by BMWGuySweden; 09-16-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 11:33 AM   #9
verysideways
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
68
Rep
433
Posts

Drives: F31 340i touring, F22 M240i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cotswolds, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I have also spec'd the parking package - but purely for the surround view cameras and car parks.

Several multi-storey car parks near me have very tight corkscrew lanes to get up and to get down again - and i don't like kerbing wheels.
Wheel refurbishments aren't cheap and so the system pays for itself sooner or later - and there are plenty of other opportunities to use the system when you have it. I had it on my 340i and definitely want it again.

I know how expensive cars are in Singapore. If i was spending that sort of money, i'd want the car to be EXACTLY right, and exactly what i want.
__________________
'19 X3 M40i (on order)
'18 F22 M240i (2 of them, for work)
'16 F56 Mini Cooper S
http://petrolhead.tours
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 03:36 PM   #10
MarkyM
Lieutenant
101
Rep
416
Posts

Drives: X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2018
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by verysideways View Post
I have also spec'd the parking package - but purely for the surround view cameras and car parks.

Several multi-storey car parks near me have very tight corkscrew lanes to get up and to get down again - and i don't like kerbing wheels.
Wheel refurbishments aren't cheap and so the system pays for itself sooner or later - and there are plenty of other opportunities to use the system when you have it. I had it on my 340i and definitely want it again.

I know how expensive cars are in Singapore. If i was spending that sort of money, i'd want the car to be EXACTLY right, and exactly what i want.
Certainly works a treat in those tight car park situations, not only do you get the top view but at the same time the front camera comes on with lines projecting forward so you can see the path the car will take, this curves with turns of the wheel as well

To the OP I would personally wait to get my spec, may seem a long time now but come next year you may wish you had waited if you get something different now
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 PM.




xbimmers
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST