M8 AND 8 SERIES
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M8 Forum and 8 Series Forum BMW M8 and 8-Series General Discussion iDrive 7 and WiFi Hotspot help?

05-16-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
redhot47fla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 iX M60, '24 X6 40i ordered

iDrive 7 and WiFi Hotspot help?

This applies only to owners with iDrive 7 vehicles: I need a bit of help troubleshooting my WiFi Hotspot, which is not at all hot. It will not connect to the Internet.

What model BMW do you have and does your iDrive 7 Wi-Fi Hotspot connect to the outside world?

If so, what in-car network is it connecting to? Is it one that begins: "Direct....[last five VIN numbers]" or is it a network called "My BMW Hotspot"?

I can find the former and it does not work. I cannot find the one called "My BMW Hotspot," which the BMW Genius claims is the one I should be finding and using, even on our iDrive 7 system.

Again, I obviously don't need your password. I just need to know the label of the in-car Wi-Fi network that is connecting you to the outside world.

Many thanks.
- Retired: Three Lexuses.
Appreciate 0