BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #67
happyharry
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 30d M Sport

Hi Miketee99, I followed the following from the instructions you posted:

'Once your vehicle is out of production use this site to see when it gets dropped off at the port by BMW - http://41.160.4.58:8080/apex/f?p=102:11:0::NO

To search on this site change the Category type to 'Cars' and enter the last seven of your VIN. The site was about a day behind for my '18 340i xDrive, but let me know when it arrived at port (via rail) and which boat it left on, which I could then track with the vessel schedule site linked above.

And once underway the best site I found for vessel tracking was https://www.marinetraffic.com/, which was always more up to date than any of the other vessel tracking sites I looked at.'

My car arrived at Durban port by road apparently and shipped on the 13th April on the Morning Catherine. After Durban it was docked at East London port and is now on the move again.

Have you managed to track your vehicle?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 03:51 PM   #68
miketee99
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 20i M Sport

Hi Harry

So glad my info worked for you -must be chuffed.

I have tried entering my VIN onto the site but nothing is found

I thought perhaps the VIN was incorrect but entering the VIN onto the BMW site comes up with the correct spec for my X3

Good luck with the delivery-I shall keep on waiting!!

Miketee99
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 06:12 PM   #69
b19rak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 G20 M340i

This is the reply I’ve got...

Rakesh,

As discussed the car has been delayed due to BMW Global restricting all cars manufactured in South Africa and the USA not to be shipped to the UK. I am being given a late June delivery but due to current Brexit negotiations it seems hard to rely on BMW changing their approach and a further delay may be inevitable.

A few phone calls later and I’ve been offered one of the first 330d’s into the country which I’ll probably take.
Appreciate 1
      05-01-2019, 03:15 PM   #70
happyharry
United Kingdom
Rep

Almost here!

Any idea which British port ships from Emden (Germany) will travel to? My X3 30d is on the Morning Catherine just off the coast of Portugal. The wait is almost over!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-01-2019, 04:20 PM   #71
Rik762
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Could be Southampton or Sheerness ?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 05:22 PM   #72
mashmanu
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E39 530i Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyharry View Post
Any idea which British port ships from Emden (Germany) will travel to? My X3 30d is on the Morning Catherine just off the coast of Portugal. The wait is almost over!
Quote:
Hi,

Mine too! Been told early June by my dealer. Couldn't get anything out of BMW UK. So glad I found this forum. Order placed 12th Jan. Car built 24th March, shipped 13th April

I suspect that due to Brexit the decision was made to ship all cars back to Germany first before they can then be sent to the UK

Not sure what Germany will do with all those right hand drive UK spec cars if we all cancelled!

Anyway hopefully it wont be long now, the frustration of not being told what is happening was the worse part. The screenshot the dealer sent me of their system just said the car had left the factory so had no clue as to where it was. Now I know Ill let the dealer know!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 02:02 AM   #73
miketee99
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

A reply to Happy Harry in particullar

My M Sport 20i

Its on its way

Ordered x3 16th Feb 2019

Promised!!!Delivery 1st week of May 2019

Built and at status of 6000 with distribution 13th March 2019

Spent the next 5 weeks sitting at the Factory in Rosslyn Pretoria

Arrived at Durban RORO 21st April by Road

Left Durban 1st May on the GLOVIS CRYSTAL owned by the Hyundai group

Now on a 12 day cruise to West Africa -Dakar in Senegal

No further routing available at present

Presumably I will get it sometime!!

Harry --- yours at least is getting near Europe
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 04:29 AM   #74
MarkyM
Major
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmanu View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Mine too! Been told early June by my dealer. Couldn't get anything out of BMW UK. So glad I found this forum. Order placed 12th Jan. Car built 24th March, shipped 13th April

I suspect that due to Brexit the decision was made to ship all cars back to Germany first before they can then be sent to the UK

Not sure what Germany will do with all those right hand drive UK spec cars if we all cancelled!

Anyway hopefully it wont be long now, the frustration of not being told what is happening was the worse part. The screenshot the dealer sent me of their system just said the car had left the factory so had no clue as to where it was. Now I know Ill let the dealer know!
They always route via Germany, they offload cars destined for mainland Europe at the German port and then load up other models coming to UK
Appreciate 1
      05-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #75
happyharry
United Kingdom
Rep

miketee99 glad to hear it is finally on the way!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 08:09 AM   #76
SORA MONKEY
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M40D

Miketee99. Not sure what ETA you have but I am in and on the same boat, dealer ETA is 10 June. Boat arrives in DE 17th May so here hoping it’s realistic.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 09:31 AM   #77
miketee99
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi Sora Monkey

My original delivery to me was 13th May 2019

Since then this has recessed but in all honesty BMW Genius have not really known as much as me.

In fact when I let my dealer know that it was actually on a boat he replied

Hi Mike

Great news that it has left South Africa!

Our system still shows status 9000 ‘Departed Plant’. The next status that I will expect to see will be ‘ Pre EU Port of Exit’.

I look forward to speaking soon.------------

The Glovis Crystal left Durban showing next port of call Dakar in Senegal now changed to Bremerhaven

Cant find much onward routing for the vessel one of 60 or so so owned by Hyundai!!

miketee99
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2019, 09:48 AM   #78
SORA MONKEY
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M40D

I hope it’s as some have said in that they load up more euro bound cars in Germany then continue to the UK. Perhaps the routing will be updated as time passes. I never really understood why the destination changed, but I was pretty happy.

I ordered the car from the dealer when it was actually code 9000 as it was going to be a stock car, so I haven’t had quite the experience you have had.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2019, 06:54 AM   #79
mashmanu
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Well Morning Catherine is finally moored at Emden. Now to find out from BMW what the next steps are. Can't believe it's going to take over a month to do no more than a two day drive!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 06:45 AM   #80
happyharry
United Kingdom
Rep

Car arrived at Southampton and I pick it up from the dealer on 23rd May
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 09:54 AM   #81
miketee99
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Harry

Great news you have nearly got it

Mine is on the Glovis Crystal currently meandering between Tenerife and Gran Canaria on its way to Bremerhaven-not sure what happens nextName:  Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 06.12.37.png
Views: 496
Size:  212.2 KB

miketee99
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 10:39 AM   #82
happyharry
United Kingdom
Rep

Miketee99

Mine docked at Emden and then Bremerhaven. The ship was at Bremerhaven for a day or two and then sailed to Southampton. It took a couple of days before it could dock at Southampton.

Not long now.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 09:31 AM   #83
K6M40d
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M40d

Garage List
Ordered my X3 M40d in Feb, Car built in March, contacted dealer today for an update and they still cannot give me a delivery date! Originally date was May moved by 4 weeks to June, now unconfirmed July..
Apparently there are loads of cars being cancelled. Should I cancel or wait, decisions, decisions....
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #84
The Dutch Joe
Second Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 20i M-Sport (G01)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K6 View Post
Ordered my X3 M40d in Feb, Car built in March, contacted dealer today for an update and they still cannot give me a delivery date! Originally date was May moved by 4 weeks to June, now unconfirmed July..
Apparently there are loads of cars being cancelled. Should I cancel or wait, decisions, decisions....
Hope that's just the deal on the M40d....

Sales guy told me that the 20i would be delivered early july.
Already planned to take it on a holiday yo Italy with our 3 kids...
And my Audi A4 Avant isn't big enough for that trip...
      05-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #85
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D Msport+

Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketee99 View Post
Harry

Great news you have nearly got it

Mine is on the Glovis Crystal currently meandering between Tenerife and Gran Canaria on its way to Bremerhaven-not sure what happens nextAttachment 2052480

miketee99

Waiting on an X3 2.0D Msport plus Phytonic blue.
Ordered from dealer stock on 04th May. Just asked for the VIN and apparently mine is also on the Glovis Crystal, currently just West of Lisbon
However the dealer is saying end of June for delivery - how on earth can it take 6 weeks to get from there to Manchester ?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 01:08 PM   #86
mashmanu
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.bands View Post
Waiting on an X3 2.0D Msport plus Phytonic blue.
Ordered from dealer stock on 04th May. Just asked for the VIN and apparently mine is also on the Glovis Crystal, currently just West of Lisbon
However the dealer is saying end of June for delivery - how on earth can it take 6 weeks to get from there to Manchester ?
Its about 26 days from Durban and then it goes into Germany first.

My order left South Africa on 14th April and arrived at Emden Germany on 6th May. BMW were unable to confirm location or delivery date. Believed to have then been taken to Bremerhaven before being shipped to Southhampton today. BMW finally told me today they are looking at 24th May for handover. Sadly I cancelled yesterday, fed up with getting nothing from either BMW or the dealer. I needed a car by 21st as we are due to go on holiday, so bought a 6 month old car elsewhere. Well p.....d off with BMW Group. No information, no customer care, shocking. But their cars are fantastic. A real shame.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 02:43 PM   #87
happyharry
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashmanu View Post
Its about 26 days from Durban and then it goes into Germany first.

My order left South Africa on 14th April and arrived at Emden Germany on 6th May. BMW were unable to confirm location or delivery date. Believed to have then been taken to Bremerhaven before being shipped to Southhampton today. BMW finally told me today they are looking at 24th May for handover. Sadly I cancelled yesterday, fed up with getting nothing from either BMW or the dealer. I needed a car by 21st as we are due to go on holiday, so bought a 6 month old car elsewhere. Well p.....d off with BMW Group. No information, no customer care, shocking. But their cars are fantastic. A real shame.
Think it depends on the dealer. Ordered my 30D M Sport on 1st March and dealer advised it should be with me by 20th May. Tracked my car on the Morning Catherine ship and it arrived in Southampton at the weekend. The dealer called me first thing Monday morning to advise the car had arrived in the country and we arranged to collect on 23rd May. Sorry you've had a different experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 11:40 PM   #88
Crassus
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 19' G20 X3 20i & 19' M140i

These delays makes me uneasy. My original car was built last month but we started a new order because the sales guy repeatedly didn't answer my calls and let the car be built with none of the options we wanted. Needless to say he left the business.

The order for the new build slot has been accepted however, a month later I have no news about the car being built. I want to enjoy the car over the summer and given that it takes 6 weeks for it to travel from SA to the UK, I hope it gets built this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dutch Joe View Post
Hope that's just the deal on the M40d....

Sales guy told me that the 20i would be delivered early july.
Already planned to take it on a holiday yo Italy with our 3 kids...
And my Audi A4 Avant isn't big enough for that trip...
If you X3 is delayed, just hire a roof bar and box. That will give you an additional 400-500L capacity and make the A4 more practical than an X3.