BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-15-2019, 01:12 AM   #1
Lee1986
Registered
Rep
Drives: SS11 E92 M3

X3 35D tuning bits

Hey guys,

Newbie here,I’m going to be buying a f25 x3 35D very soon I’m just looking for the right car to buy as we speak.in the uk the 35d is quite rare so I expect it will take a few months to find the right one.

I will remap the car,I’m having real issues finding any tuning bits for it.i can remove the dpf and take the insides out so the restriction is gone but what options are there for intercooler’s?

I have a bmw already I’ve a e92 M3 that’s my love project which is getting a supercharger soon.this x3 will be the day to day car for me and my partner to use.

Can anyone shed any light on bits for these?

Any advice on the 35d motor,cars seem to have around 50-60k miles for my budget.

Thanks all!

Lee
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 02:19 AM   #2
Minisi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee1986 View Post
Hey guys,

Newbie here,I’m going to be buying a f25 x3 35D very soon I’m just looking for the right car to buy as we speak.in the uk the 35d is quite rare so I expect it will take a few months to find the right one.

I will remap the car,I’m having real issues finding any tuning bits for it.i can remove the dpf and take the insides out so the restriction is gone but what options are there for intercooler’s?

I have a bmw already I’ve a e92 M3 that’s my love project which is getting a supercharger soon.this x3 will be the day to day car for me and my partner to use.

Can anyone shed any light on bits for these?

Any advice on the 35d motor,cars seem to have around 50-60k miles for my budget.

Thanks all!

Lee
Hi Lee,

Have you considered the 30d?
Reason I ask is I had my heart set on a X3 35d but couldn’t find one and when I did the spec wasn’t what I wanted. Eventually I found a 2014 30d with pretty much every single option and is immaculate. Surprisingly quick too and good off the line with the xdrive something you won’t be use to in the m3 which I know all too well about. 🙈. 258bhp and mapped to around 310-320 with good torque gains too, so ample performance for a daily. 👍
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 06:14 AM   #3
Lee1986
Registered
Rep
Drives: SS11 E92 M3

I have thought about the 30d as that’s a great engine too,I just fancy a bit of a troll car (lol) with a map the 35d see’s 390 which will be extra funny to hurt peoples feelings in when it’s ‘just an x3’ haha

Just wondered on if anyone made a intercooler for it as mtec are like Wagner from what I’ve read and they have made stuff for the 30/35d in other cars but struggling to find anything for the x3!

Cheers

Lee
Appreciate 0