BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-08-2022, 06:33 PM   #23
spdandpwr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X3 M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Did another shop change the tires? Did they use an impact wrench or properly torqued the lug nuts?
It was the local shop I've been using for the last 5 years. But, all it takes is one person to get over zealous, I suppose.

With that, I did want to say that after ONE bedding process, it seems to have alleviated MUCH of the vibration. I think, to the point everyone made in here, it was excess build up of brake pad on the rotor. I'm still unsure of what the actual cause was.

Hopefully this alleviates the issue for the foreseeable future.
Appreciate 2
      06-09-2022, 12:20 AM   #24
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdandpwr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Did another shop change the tires? Did they use an impact wrench or properly torqued the lug nuts?
It was the local shop I've been using for the last 5 years. But, all it takes is one person to get over zealous, I suppose.

With that, I did want to say that after ONE bedding process, it seems to have alleviated MUCH of the vibration. I think, to the point everyone made in here, it was excess build up of brake pad on the rotor. I'm still unsure of what the actual cause was.

Indeed - brakes have to be bedded properly after installation of new rotors and pads. Glad to hear that bedding resolved the symptoms of concern.

If the rotors' surface contains uneven brake residue, rotors can be resurfaced as long as there is enough metal remaining.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2022, 03:43 PM   #25
ghstm2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F87 M2/F97 X3M COMP

I would definitely try another dealer. My front rotors were warped they had no explanation as to why it happened. But they replaced both front rotors and brakes. I only took it in since coming it continually squealed at low speeds coming to a stop and it would vibrate when trying to slow down from 65mph going down hill.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 08:45 AM   #26
spta97
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdandpwr View Post

Awesome! This is a much better solution than replacing rotors - and if you do two sessions you will see an increase in bite

I bedded my low dust pads (r33_RGSport) and can notice a significant difference in performance. The other day I was backing out my gf's Supra (with different low dust pads not bedded yet) and it was normal.

Then I backed out my X3MC and it was grabbing like crazy (just in the driveway mind you) in comparison. I was all "Whoa, relax!"
Appreciate 0