BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-28-2023, 11:42 PM   #1
Cmond
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3M Competition

Garage List
2024 X3MC Finally Here

Hi All,

I can finally say I belong in this forum, just took delivery on my 2024 X3M Comp.

Nearly 9 months and two dealers later, I couldn’t be happier.

Looking forward to learning from all of you as this is my first BMW!

Cheers!
Attached Images

Appreciate 15
ttx3m341.50
Oldgixxer1911.00
fatalius102.00
ASAP10161.00
SCCThree814.50
95wildtt831.00
chrisk03153.00
gapband240.00
M3ANSPEC393.00
      08-29-2023, 05:42 AM   #2
R0ot.Us3r
I don't want to know the Price of Gas
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 MC

Garage List
2023 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmond View Post
Hi All,

I can finally say I belong in this forum, just took delivery on my 2024 X3M Comp.

Cheers!
Congratulation and welcome! We’re twins, minus one year lol
Appreciate 1
Cmond137.50
      08-29-2023, 05:51 AM   #3
EricP3
Captain
Rep
Drives: '23 X3M Comp

I thought my Brooklyn grey 23 x3m comp had every option. Now when I see one with the shadowline headlights I get sad.
Cmond137.50
      08-29-2023, 06:10 AM   #4
M4Lou
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21'-x3m40i 23'-m4c 24'-x3mc

Sweet! Looks great!!

Getting close to ordering...down to Bgray, San Paulo, or Dark graphite...
Appreciate 1
Cmond137.50
      08-29-2023, 07:18 AM   #5
Cmond
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ot.Us3r View Post
Congratulation and welcome! We’re twins, minus one year lol
I always learned from my older brother

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 07:23 AM   #6
Cmond
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4Lou View Post
Sweet! Looks great!!

Getting close to ordering...down to Bgray, San Paulo, or Dark graphite...
I was torn on the Dark Graphite too, I’ve had black cars all my life so I wanted to completely change it up. Can’t go wrong with any of those options!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 07:35 AM   #7
Stereolab42
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X3M Comp

Garage List
2023 BMW X3M  [0.00]
Love the color. What's the story behind "9 months and two dealers later"? That sounds painful.
Appreciate 2
      08-29-2023, 09:21 AM   #8
remesar
Rep
Drives: BMW F97 X3M

Any major differences between the 23 and 24 model years?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 09:23 AM   #9
Cmond
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereolab42 View Post
Love the color. What's the story behind "9 months and two dealers later"? That sounds painful.
I’ll let my review do the talking, edited out names:

“On January 2nd I placed a deposit on a custom X3 M Series build with *** at ***. At the time, I was told allocations generally took 2-3 months, followed by another 2 months to complete the build for pick up. Running an OEM distribution organization of my own, I fully understood there would be tolerance associated with the lead times provided due to supply chain and raw material interruptions.

Being told the allocations traditionally are announced the first week of the month, and with *** stating that there’s a shot I could still make it on the January list, I was thrilled to begin receiving updates on the progress of my vehicle. To my detriment, there would be no updates provided from January through late May. I called each month, of which I can only believe I was ignored, as my calls were never answered by ***, nor any callback received from the countless voicemails left. Not wanting to lose my place in line for allocation, I decided to stick it out and figured I’d stop by the dealership in April since there had been no contact up to that point.

I was told he would be reaching out to other dealerships to swap allocations. As expected, not even a follow up to provide an update on any progress or failures.

I called the dealership weeks later and asked if *** was still employed due to the no contact made, and they passed me over to another sales rep for help. I explained my situation and they were very apologetic and told me they would call back with more information that day. No call back. Mind you, I could not get a hold of any managers either… all calls delivered to voicemail.

I continued to call and leave voicemails and finally received a reply to one of the many emails I sent, which stated I had waited too long and he was going to find out what was going on.

I called a competitor BMW dealership a couple hours away for a sanity check.

I was shocked to have reached a manager right away, whom was beyond professional and helpful. Within minutes he laid out all of the available allocations for the vehicle I built, and even filtered it to this region and availability of custom allocations. To my dismay, he also told me production on the 2023 would cut off around June/July, meaning I should be prepared for the 2024. All information I would have expected to of been proactively communicated to me from ****. I also asked if they were contacted regarding an allocation swap, and the answer was no.

With that information, I walked into *** to request a refund on my deposit. When greeted by whom I assume was a manager, and asking for ****, the interaction was very distasteful and felt cocky as he loudly stated, “***, a new sale just walked in for you.”

I reintroduced myself stating he may not remember who I am, of which he stated he had, and said sorry about the wait. I immediately requested a refund, of which he sat me at his cubical and said he’d be back once AP handled the refund. While waiting for 10mins staring into space, I assumed Will or even a manger would come by and see what they could do to maintain me as a customer. Clearly they did not care about the custom M Series vehicle that they could earn easy commission on, because I sat there until *** was done waiting for AP to process and print out the paperwork. I was very much being avoided, just the same as all of my calls.

I have never been so displeased with the vehicle sales cycle, or lack there of, at ***.

One month after I placed a deposit with the other dealership (done immediately after my refund was transacted), I received an allocation.

Typically I’d chalk this up to a “bad apple” or one off situation, but the continual cycle of zero communication and lack of care for the customer is a direct reflection of the management and sales staff at ***.”

New dealer was absolutely fantastic with the highest caliber of service and communication.
Appreciate 2
      08-29-2023, 09:25 AM   #10
Cmond
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by remesar View Post
Any major differences between the 23 and 24 model years?
When I went through the build with my sales rep it seemed that there were no variances other than the make year!
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2023, 09:25 AM   #11
ThirstyX3M
Private
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Garage List
22 X3m comp  [10.00]
2022 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
[QUOTE=Cmond;30442193]Hi All,

Cheers!

Congratulations, gorgeous spec!!
Appreciate 1
Cmond137.50
      08-29-2023, 09:26 AM   #12
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
Cmond137.50
Ben///M24.00
      08-29-2023, 02:30 PM   #13
stoked335d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Garage List
2002 Mspec Nur  [10.00]
Congrats man. I would have pulled the plug on the 1st dealer after 2 months of no response.
2014 S4 APR stg1 444hp retired
2010 335d; 2004 WRX wagon; 1994 300ZX -retired
Appreciate 1
Cmond137.50
      08-30-2023, 01:34 AM   #14
Kevin_The_Clean1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 MC

Nice man & welcome to the club. Brooklyn Gray with the 892 wheels looks great.
2017 F87 M2 - Sold & missed
2020 F97 X3 M Competition - Finally arrived ///
Appreciate 1
Cmond137.50
      08-30-2023, 06:31 AM   #15
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3 ZCP, 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmond View Post
I’ll let my review do the talking, edited out names:

“On January 2nd I placed a deposit on a custom X3 M Series build with *** at ***. At the time, I was told allocations generally took 2-3 months, followed by another 2 months to complete the build for pick up. Running an OEM distribution organization of my own, I fully understood there would be tolerance associated with the lead times provided due to supply chain and raw material interruptions.

Being told the allocations traditionally are announced the first week of the month, and with *** stating that there’s a shot I could still make it on the January list, I was thrilled to begin receiving updates on the progress of my vehicle. To my detriment, there would be no updates provided from January through late May. I called each month, of which I can only believe I was ignored, as my calls were never answered by ***, nor any callback received from the countless voicemails left. Not wanting to lose my place in line for allocation, I decided to stick it out and figured I’d stop by the dealership in April since there had been no contact up to that point.

I was told he would be reaching out to other dealerships to swap allocations. As expected, not even a follow up to provide an update on any progress or failures.

I called the dealership weeks later and asked if *** was still employed due to the no contact made, and they passed me over to another sales rep for help. I explained my situation and they were very apologetic and told me they would call back with more information that day. No call back. Mind you, I could not get a hold of any managers either… all calls delivered to voicemail.

I continued to call and leave voicemails and finally received a reply to one of the many emails I sent, which stated I had waited too long and he was going to find out what was going on.

I called a competitor BMW dealership a couple hours away for a sanity check.

I was shocked to have reached a manager right away, whom was beyond professional and helpful. Within minutes he laid out all of the available allocations for the vehicle I built, and even filtered it to this region and availability of custom allocations. To my dismay, he also told me production on the 2023 would cut off around June/July, meaning I should be prepared for the 2024. All information I would have expected to of been proactively communicated to me from ****. I also asked if they were contacted regarding an allocation swap, and the answer was no.

With that information, I walked into *** to request a refund on my deposit. When greeted by whom I assume was a manager, and asking for ****, the interaction was very distasteful and felt cocky as he loudly stated, “***, a new sale just walked in for you.”

I reintroduced myself stating he may not remember who I am, of which he stated he had, and said sorry about the wait. I immediately requested a refund, of which he sat me at his cubical and said he’d be back once AP handled the refund. While waiting for 10mins staring into space, I assumed Will or even a manger would come by and see what they could do to maintain me as a customer. Clearly they did not care about the custom M Series vehicle that they could earn easy commission on, because I sat there until *** was done waiting for AP to process and print out the paperwork. I was very much being avoided, just the same as all of my calls.

I have never been so displeased with the vehicle sales cycle, or lack there of, at ***.

One month after I placed a deposit with the other dealership (done immediately after my refund was transacted), I received an allocation.

Typically I’d chalk this up to a “bad apple” or one off situation, but the continual cycle of zero communication and lack of care for the customer is a direct reflection of the management and sales staff at ***.”

New dealer was absolutely fantastic with the highest caliber of service and communication.
Eff that, call them out!
Appreciate 1
DBU232.50
      08-30-2023, 07:37 AM   #16
Cmond
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoked335d View Post
Congrats man. I would have pulled the plug on the 1st dealer after 2 months of no response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
Eff that, call them out!
All I can say is that if you’re in the state of VA, go to Midlothian BMW, they were top line customer service and support.

Other guys… not so much!

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2023, 08:31 AM   #17
Fredcohiba
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 xDrive30i

Congrats. You are very patient…. That bad apple dealer should be kicked out of the BMW family. I bought my BMW from a dealer 90 miles away because they had what I wanted on the lot. They were very professional. The dealer near me was also very professional - just lacking in stock.
Appreciate 1
Cmond137.50
      08-31-2023, 08:35 PM   #18
bumr
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Congrats on the X3M! Curious to hear what dealership this was as I live in the Richmond area. I just had my X3M shipped down from MD; it wasn’t a custom order.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2023, 09:56 PM   #19
Cmond
Private
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumr View Post
Congrats on the X3M! Curious to hear what dealership this was as I live in the Richmond area. I just had my X3M shipped down from MD; it wasn’t a custom order.
Midlothian BMW was stellar. I ended up driving 2hrs from the Chesapeake/VA Beach area to buy through them.
Appreciate 0