BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Closed Thread

09-29-2015, 09:38 AM   #133
m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion0389
is an X3 version in the works?
For what reason? To gloss over what a piece of garbage the X3 is? I own one and other than the styling despise it. The thing was an afterthought. Cheap build quality, garbage steering, weak brakes, disgusting clattkity clak engine, and the thing hates changing direction. Ride is nothing to write home about either. X4 is the same platform and same shit box. BMW has gone off the rails and is a giant whore now.
I have an X3 and completely disagree.
I agree with you disagreeing ! lol.

I also thought that all of the complaints m34m voiced are items that are addressed by BMW M. He wants better brakes, steering, a different motor, and better handling. It was like he was totally unaware that he is crying for an X3M..
No..... You need to start with a solid platform to create a better version. My argument is the X3 platform is weak to start with. In addition it has bad brakes, steering etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 09:40 AM   #134
m34m
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANK_CH
Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
You should not have to spec it to the max to cover up this fact. In the past a basic three series had fantastic dynamics. BMW has lost its way.
then tell us why people in the past and nowadays took / prefer to take an M3 over a basic 316i, which has fantastic dynamics???????
Confusing "logic". In the past the overall lineup was solid. A 316i out of the box was great, an M3 greater. Today a 320i is crap and an M3 is good but still controversial.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 10:11 AM   #135
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonagon View Post
Every bit of a grocery getter? The E90 328i is a car, not an SUV. The height and weight difference can't just be discounted like that. The X3 IS amazingly fun to drive...for an SUV...especially when you option it to use it as such. Hint: DHP fixes the steering and dampens the suspension, put the N55 in it for 300hp and 0-60 in 5.5. The world is changing, not just BMW. The F25 was an upgrade from the E83 X3...that's the real comparison that should be made.
I agree with you man. My X3 is SICK (DHP, Msport), plus with the JB3 and lowered a little it; thing is a beast. It embarrasses most cars, don't listen to this fools on here..
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2015, 10:43 AM   #136
KGB_123_99
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '17 330ix M-Sport, '09 528ix

As another member posted recently, I agree that we've all become very spoiled by cars these days. Every generation delivers better performance numbers than the previous generation. Heck, even a run of the mill F30 328i can give an E46 M3 a run for its money, but not win. (Yes I went there!)

Performance numbers such as 0-60, skid pad, braking, 80-120 offer hard objective comparison numbers. No one can dispute them and they do get better with each generation despite how we "feel" the car drives. An F30 320i will destroy an E46 320i in every category, without question. So what does it mean when we say an E46 feels better if the performance numbers do not collaborate the fact? How can we objectively put a number on driving feel?

Just keeping the discussion going...
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2015, 12:32 PM   #137
m34m
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnbrn5
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonagon View Post
Every bit of a grocery getter? The E90 328i is a car, not an SUV. The height and weight difference can't just be discounted like that. The X3 IS amazingly fun to drive...for an SUV...especially when you option it to use it as such. Hint: DHP fixes the steering and dampens the suspension, put the N55 in it for 300hp and 0-60 in 5.5. The world is changing, not just BMW. The F25 was an upgrade from the E83 X3...that's the real comparison that should be made.
I agree with you man. My X3 is SICK (DHP, Msport), plus with the JB3 and lowered a little it; thing is a beast. It embarrasses most cars, don't listen to this fools on here..
Congrats on loading your X3 with everything plus mods to make it $70g and sick. You must be sick. Yeah we're the fools.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #138
m34m
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGB_123_99
As another member posted recently, I agree that we've all become very spoiled by cars these days. Every generation delivers better performance numbers than the previous generation. Heck, even a run of the mill F30 328i can give an E46 M3 a run for its money, but not win. (Yes I went there!)

Performance numbers such as 0-60, skid pad, braking, 80-120 offer hard objective comparison numbers. No one can dispute them and they do get better with each generation despite how we "feel" the car drives. An F30 320i will destroy an E46 320i in every category, without question. So what does it mean when we say an E46 feels better if the performance numbers do not collaborate the fact? How can we objectively put a number on driving feel?

Just keeping the discussion going...
Numbers don't always tell the story. BMW was universally loved and won most categories handily in the past. Legendary steering etc. today they are one of the pack. Journalists aren't falling over themselves for the brand. Did the pack catch up? Yes. Did BMW take its foot off the gas and sell its soul for the masses? You bet. That's business. The new M3 is great on paper yet has been received in a very Luke warm way and remains controversial. Not because people are stuck in the past but because the actual offering has issues. Namely steering and turbo engine.
Appreciate 2
      09-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #139
Crashnbrn5
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 335i GT M-Sport

Quote:
Congrats on loading your X3 with everything plus mods to make it $70g and sick. You must be sick. Yeah we're the fools.
it's 59k fully loaded, my particular 2013 model, you smart smart man, (ehemmm ehmmm choke choke)
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2015, 05:52 PM   #140
m34m
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
it's 59k fully loaded, my particular 2013 model, you smart smart man, (ehemmm ehmmm choke choke)
Right $60g for an X3. That's better. Good luck with that.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 10:41 PM   #141
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The snobbiness and elitist responses in this thread are a bit out of control.

Who is anyone to tell another member they paid too much for the vehicle they built? And all this hate for more M cars is ridiculous.

The M cars are a fraction of a fraction. And the M brand is only devalued if the actual M vehicle isn't up to snuff; the latest X6M and X5M are up for awards as performance vehicles...that's a good thing.

So now they are adding an M version of what is deemed a sportier version of the X3; how is this an issue?

If you don't like the vehicle that's fine, but don't tell a person their choice in vehicle is bad, that's merely your opinion--and apparently quite a biased one.

The M vehicles represent performance vehicles that must no only achieve straight line results but excellent lateral agility or else they don't fit the M division ethos.
Appreciate 1
      09-29-2015, 11:19 PM   #142
m34m
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exilio
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The snobbiness and elitist responses in this thread are a bit out of control.

Who is anyone to tell another member they paid too much for the vehicle they built? And all this hate for more M cars is ridiculous.

The M cars are a fraction of a fraction. And the M brand is only devalued if the actual M vehicle isn't up to snuff; the latest X6M and X5M are up for awards as performance vehicles...that's a good thing.

So now they are adding an M version of what is deemed a sportier version of the X3; how is this an issue?

If you don't like the vehicle that's fine, but don't tell a person their choice in vehicle is bad, that's merely your opinion--and apparently quite a biased one.

The M vehicles represent performance vehicles that must no only achieve straight line results but excellent lateral agility or else they don't fit the M division ethos.
Your confused response proves the point about brand confusion and M devaluation. You clearly think this X4 is a real M division vehicle. It's not. Touché.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 12:13 AM   #143
exilio
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 35d

Quote:
Your confused response proves the point about brand confusion and M devaluation. You clearly think this X4 is a real M division vehicle. It's not. Touché.
If that's your understanding then why are you so troubled?

The M Division designation has always been clearly defined by BMW. Whether it be individual bits or a fully M-designated vehicle; it meets the standards and ethos BMW has laid out. You may not like it or agree with it, but it doesn't change the fact that it is what BMW says it is.

Some people buy BMW for the nameplate. Others still, for the M badge. While an even smaller fraction buy it for what it represents: true performance and the best BMW has to offer. If that comes on everything from a 1 series to a 7 series, and all the X vehicles in between, it doesn't matter and doesn't dilute; it distinguishes.

Everything else is someone's interpretation.

Last edited by exilio; 09-30-2015 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-30-2015, 09:43 AM   #144
m34m
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by exilio
Quote:
If that's your understanding then why are you so troubled?

The M Division designation has always been clearly defined by BMW. Whether it be individual bits or a fully M-designated vehicle; it meets the standards and ethos BMW has laid out. You may not like it or agree with it, but it doesn't change the fact that it is what BMW says it is.

Some people buy BMW for the nameplate. Others still, for the M badge. While an even smaller fraction buy it for what it represents: true performance and the best BMW has to offer. If that comes on everything from a 1 series to a 7 series, and all the X vehicles in between, it doesn't matter and doesn't dilute; it distinguishes.

Everything else is someone's interpretation.
I still don't think you know what an M is.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2015, 05:06 PM   #145
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Officially introducing the X4 M40i - http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1178995
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 1
Closed Thread