BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-31-2019, 09:52 AM   #45
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I considered the current M4 (used) but fuck me it's soulless. Shitty exhaust note, no drama at all. In vert mode I'd honestly take a Mustang GT with PP1 and magnaride than an M4, it's only 50KG heavier too.

At least it sounds like an aniimal.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 12:15 PM   #46
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
yeah I am kinda heading this way I think "make the best of what I've got".
I mean the m240i is a fun car and has a lot of attributes I like...it just doesn't excite me like cars of the past did...but perhaps I just need to accept those days are gone and move on
but to what, gardening?
lmaooo bro nooo

but seriously; this fourm keeps my passion for cars alive. lots of different folk with different opinions and taste make the car scene still alive in my eyes. The m240i is all quick around the city. I've been called a "poser" since I don't track my m3 so I guess all that goes around comes around

I'm more into working on my car and learning things. People just tend to have the mentality

"Oh why would I change the brakes I can pay someone else to do it" as if that work is below them or whatever.

I mean I'm only 27 and maybe 4-5 years ago I was all about money and xyz; and now that I have it, it can't make you feel accomplished because money is fluid just goes in and out. But skills you learn, thats forever.

but I respect people's craft weather you make my sandwich; bake bread; or do my heart surgery.

I know off topic; but hey I see a nicely kept Jeep or honda civic; I respect that just the same because people are more than what they drive.

edit: nothing wrong with gardening or taking care of you lawn; better than typing away your life on the internet lol
Appreciate 1
baege1320.50
      10-31-2019, 12:30 PM   #47
JasonCSU
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by XMetal View Post
Yes, my first car was a 1987 Toyota Corolla SR5 (AE86) - the last of the RWD Corolla!

2 regrets:
  1. It wasn't a GTS.
  2. I sold it

So, you can say that I went on a buying spree between the 2 BMWs

Same here...I still need to own a V8 or V10, but it has to be a damn good one because my wife said I can get anything that I want, but it would have to replace my M Coupe, which I am currently not ready to part with

A Z4 M Coupe is on my wish list of cars to own someday. I can understand not wanting to part with it.
      12-09-2019, 08:47 PM   #48
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

All my life I skimped on vehicles. I always bought new but always very few frills. Always kept them for 100K+ miles. In the last few years I gave my 01 Nissan Sentra with the SR20DE engine to my granddaughter I replaced it with a '19Spark manual shift. ... Huge mistake. Then in 2018 I gave our 08 Subaru Forester to my granddaughter's husband.

That was the wife Car. I always want her to have a nice safe car so I replaced it with an '18 Forester. With all the bells in whistles. Totally out of character..for me.

A bit later 7 months ago I decided I would treat myself. Sold the Sark to a nice kid at a great price. Bought a '19 Crosstrek after driving one. Lots of bells and whistles. Fell in love with the car . I like it better than the XT.

Bottom line: I got tired of scrimping. oh yea..I'm 73 and really at my age I could buy anything..even a BMW in fact I looked at an X3 (a friend bought one partially on my recommendation). But I wanted something smaller and I like Subaru's AWD concept. (Not saying Subaru is a better car).
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 12:06 AM   #49
djeieidhds
run it
Oman
Rep
Drives: dhudeuehhrhdhehee

pics or it didn't happen
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 12:31 PM   #50
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
For my own cars, yeah, it's all about the emotion. Is it fun? Is it different enough from what I have at the time? If the answer is yes to both, I'm usually pretty smitten with something. However, I HATE buying and selling cars---I just like driving them.

As I've gotten older, the question I've wrestled with is if my next cars should just be fun or also be a model with a storied history. I look back at my cars and several have fit that bill: GTI, Mustang, and M3. So then it becomes, should my next cars be a corvette and 911? Or should I venture out of that mind set and buy something interest built outside of Germany and the US? I love German cars and I've owned a couple of domestic cars that I enjoyed. I had a Peugeot as a hand-me-down, so I have experienced a French car. So what about the Brits, Italians, and Swedes? Never owned a car from those countries. Never owned a Japanese car either. (we do have a hyundai, but that's not Japanese).

My problem is that like the OP, I'm pretty happy with the M3. At this point, I'd perhaps be moving WAY up in cost or switching out just for the sake of something new.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 01:30 PM   #51
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

I tend to keep cars for a long time. I like modifying them and working on them. Once I get them how I want them.....I keep them.

I usually keep stuff for at least 8-10 years before I sell it and find something else to play with.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 01:41 PM   #52
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Omni GLH

Those were no ordinary Omnis
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-vid...dodge-omni-glh
Oh...That was a grim little piece of automotive hardware, the Omni "Goes Like Hell." And there was its crack-addled brother, the GLHS or "Goes Like Hell S'more." Slow by today's standard, but they seemed pretty fast back then. I remember one of them giving me fits in my Mustang SVO. The only reason I beat him was because he had a couple of big fat fucks in the car with him.
      12-13-2019, 01:43 PM   #53
DroopyCro
Registered
Rep
Drives: f31

Quote:
So I've had 20 cars to date and I am in my 40's.

It has went like this:

I have a car that I have kinda of tired off, that's just not doing it for me anymore.
So I start looking for another car. I test drive a car and smile and laugh and love it.
I walk away wanting the car and so I get it.

some examples:

I went from a 1979 corolla to a 1985 Omni GLH.

I went from a 1985 Omni GLH to a 1987 Mustang 5.0.

I went from a 1990 Plymouth laser to a modded 1990 300Zx.

I went from a chrysler crossfire to a e86 coupe 3.0si.

I went from the e86 coupe to a 2014 Cayman S.

In each of those cases I was blown away by the car I moved into and simply wanted the car after the test drive. I didn't hesitate, I wanted that car.

Since the 2014 Cayman S, I simply haven't got that feeling again.
And I've tried all kinds of cars.
I just have not got that, yes this car is amazing I want this now, feeling.

recently I test drove a manual M2C and again I didn't get that feeling.

sure I liked it better than my m240i, but I wasn't like yes I want this. So I am hesitating and thinking maybe I should wait until I get that feeling again?

But I literally haven't got that feeling in over 6 years of test driving various cars within my budget.

So my question is have you only bought cars where you have a strong feeling "I want this" or is it enough if you say "this will be better"?
I buy a car, make 100k miles and then buy another one.. (every 3 years)
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2019, 03:55 PM   #54
QUiKSR20
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 328i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
yeah I am kinda heading this way I think "make the best of what I've got".
I mean the m240i is a fun car and has a lot of attributes I like...it just doesn't excite me like cars of the past did...but perhaps I just need to accept those days are gone and move on
but to what, gardening?
Dont throw in the towel, Throw a tune on the car.. Its cheap and ups the fun factor by alot without changing the reliability much at all.. If that truly gets boring get a pure stage II turbo... Pretty sure its a bolt on affair for the M240i and then youll be driving 500RWHP..

Theres proven paths to more power with the B58 already.
Appreciate 0