BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-29-2016, 08:55 PM   #1
brunp
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3, 1997 BMW M3

Fitting Diono Radian RXT into car?

Has anyone ever fitted the Diono Radian RXT car seat in their F25 X3? I am having a hard time making sure the top tether strap is tight and when it is tight, I still have too much forward/background movement at the top of the seat. The Y-strap on the seat acts like a pivot?
Thoughts?
Paul

Last edited by brunp; 09-29-2016 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: Spelling errors
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 08:40 AM   #2
gimpm3
Rep
Drives: e90 m3, F25 35i M Sport

Hi Paul,

I don't have the Radian but I have the Rainier installed in both my X3 (rear facing) and e90 M3 (front facing) and both have very little (much less than an inch) side-to-side and up-and-down and front-to-back movement.

I'm not sure if you're installing it forward or rear facing but it sounds like you're installing it forward facing since you're using the top tether. Regardless, the key for me to get them to be stable was to use my knee to force the bottom of the seat down into the seat cushion while simultaneously cinching the latch belt.

Check the vids here:

https://ca.diono.com/installation-videos/

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2016, 08:54 AM   #3
brunp
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3, 1997 BMW M3

Someone was able to inform me that the most important area that shouldn't have movement is the latch belt area. What I was concerned with was the movement along the top of the seat where it meats the head-rest. I was informed by an installer on Facebook who installed the Radian RXT in 4 X3's just days ago that movement along the top is normal. It doesn't have to be tight, you just remove the slack and if it moves at the top, than it is not a problem, it will still prevent your child from hitting the seat in front...

Paul
Appreciate 0