BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-20-2016, 02:28 AM   #1
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Moonroof panoramic sun roof cover problem

Hi folks,

Wondering if any one experienced loosing half of the internal cover of the moonroof when closing it.
My wife was closing the inside cover (glass section was not open) following a big bang only the front section of the cover came across i.e. back to closed position, the rear section stayed behind above the boot/chunk space, so never came out and now only the front section of the moonroof/ panoramic sun roof cover is in place.

Of course I planning one more visit to my dealer, may try to get it at the same time as the Isofix recall fix.

Thanks for sharing if you had the same problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #2
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

I've had the odd problem with the sunroof cover not fully closing. Can't remember the details off-hand, but I recall there is a procedure in the owners manual about the manual resetting of the sunroof operation. Also a recall a thread in this F25 X3 forum about the issue as well. Have a bit of a search.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2016, 04:06 AM   #3
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

Thanks Tony, interesting I do remember the issue and the manual resetting option early days, I hope ours problem is the same, car went in today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brissim View Post
I've had the odd problem with the sunroof cover not fully closing. Can't remember the details off-hand, but I recall there is a procedure in the owners manual about the manual resetting of the sunroof operation. Also a recall a thread in this F25 X3 forum about the issue as well. Have a bit of a search.

Tony
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 10:59 PM   #4
solidsleeper
solidsleeper
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i xDrive 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin mustang View Post
Hi folks,

Wondering if any one experienced loosing half of the internal cover of the moonroof when closing it.
My wife was closing the inside cover (glass section was not open) following a big bang only the front section of the cover came across i.e. back to closed position, the rear section stayed behind above the boot/chunk space, so never came out and now only the front section of the moonroof/ panoramic sun roof cover is in place.

Of course I planning one more visit to my dealer, may try to get it at the same time as the Isofix recall fix.

Thanks for sharing if you had the same problem.
Hoping if you could share what you ended up doing with the internal cover issue?

It looks like you did end up getting rid of the X3 (which is one solution haha) but hoping to hear what the dealer told you.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2019, 12:40 PM   #5
jcmbmw
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 XLine

I've seen that cover with what looks like a seam across the middle, is that were the cover separated?
Appreciate 0