BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-02-2019, 01:34 AM   #67
titomi
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 G01 30i xDrive

Garage List
2018 X3 G01  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur2018 View Post
Hi guyz,
Just quick question/query, I have a 2018 Bmw x3 x30i. I have the standard driver assistant package in my car which includes front collision warning, lane departure alert, pedestrian collision and blind spot. Is it possible that I can upgrade my car now to have full Driver assistant plus package that included active cruise control and the lane-keep assist?
Please if anyone knows about this then let me know.

Thanks
As for the ACC, you would need to equip the car with radar, which requires new bumper, wiring, coding and so on.
Maybe also for the LKA/LCA - I'm not sure.
      08-02-2019, 08:48 AM   #68
Rhidium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3

I have a 2019 with DA+ package. I've driven a DA package X3 loaner and wished I had my X3 with DA+. I use ACC and it is nice I don't have to deal with slide down of traffic.. Though I do wish it was more aggressive.

As for the safety feature, it did save me from a major collision with an idiot breaking hard to a stop in the freeway just because they got confused and wanted to not get on a carpool interchange ramp (idiot because he was carpool and didn't realize the ramp goes to the same place as the other lane but drops you off on to the car pool lane of the other freeway)
Any case the X3 braked hard for me since I didn't notice they braked hard.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 09:21 AM   #69
TXSchnee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 XM

I ordered DA, and the stand alone ACC option. The DA has emergency stopping assistance under 37mph, and I am always on my brakes before the car is (aka, I would not trust it to make a full emergency stop, even though the system is designed to). Seems as though a lot of this is just geared towards some driver inattention, which is pretty rampant in the US.
2020 Porsche Cayenne E Hybrid (sold)
2018 X3 M40i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2019, 04:34 PM   #70
Amel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Just got a slightly used 2018 M40i with MSRP of 64k and noticed it doesn't have Blind Spot Detection...

For a bit I though I just didn't turn it on. Went back to the car, looked, pulled up the manual and finally realized its an option.

Holy crap, pretty much every car nowadays comes with blind spot detection included..what up with BMW making this an option at $54k plus..stupid IMO
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 08:57 PM   #71
BriMW
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amel View Post
Just got a slightly used 2018 M40i with MSRP of 64k and noticed it doesn't have Blind Spot Detection...

For a bit I though I just didn't turn it on. Went back to the car, looked, pulled up the manual and finally realized its an option.

Holy crap, pretty much every car nowadays comes with blind spot detection included..what up with BMW making this an option at $54k plus..stupid IMO
If you use the recommendations from the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) from 1995, blind spot detection isn’t really necessary.

Sharing an article from Car and Driver with details. I’ll warn you, as the article mentions. Setting your mirrors this way is definitely disorienting at first, but after you get used to it, you’ll never do them any differently.

https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...d-blind-spots/
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 06:20 AM   #72
clivem2
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMW View Post
If you use the recommendations from the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) from 1995, blind spot detection isn’t really necessary.

Sharing an article from Car and Driver with details. I’ll warn you, as the article mentions. Setting your mirrors this way is definitely disorienting at first, but after you get used to it, you’ll never do them any differently.

I think that's a really good setup for mirrors. For the UK though I'd need to create two settings / profiles somehow.

In cities we have a lot of cyclists, they "filter", this means they switch in and out of traffic, often on the kerbside. I'd need to be able to see down the flank of the car to check for them....I'll try it out to see how it works.
      09-15-2019, 06:33 AM   #73
Zero71
👽
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3MC

I'd have liked to spec the DA+ pack. But it's so expensive on a lease. Almost 10% increase to monthlies with vs without. I do low mileage and have survived decades without them.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #74
VMMVMMM
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriMW View Post

This is how they teach you to set up your mirrors at the BMW Performance Center.
      09-16-2019, 01:51 PM   #75
harperium
Major
Rep
Drives: G80 M3cx

https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1652652

The Driving Assistance Package kept me from hitting a pedestrian a few days ago.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 08:14 PM   #76
Juris
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X-3 M40i Alpine White 2019

I have ZDA (Drivers Assistance Package) which contains :
ZN1 (Active Blind Spot)
ZN4 (Lane Departure)

Do some ZDA cars have additional features?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 02:17 PM   #77
The.bands
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2.0D Msport+

I'm not convinced that you need driving assistance aids but I did have an interesting experience today when leaving the M1 to join the M62 motorway, as I left the M1 onto the slip road the traffic was stopped dead and the car decided it was going to stop itself, full screech of tyres/brakes and hazard lights automatically popped on.

The power of those brakes (M-sport) is really something, brutally efficient.
I was going quickly and believe I could have safely stopped myself but the car ended up stopped about 15ft away from the stationery traffic in front!

I don't have any of the additional driver assistance packs just the M-sport brakes option. It's nice to know that the auto braking safety feature is built in as one day I might really need it.
Appreciate 0