BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-05-2020, 12:40 AM   #23
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowMeaWay View Post
Just found out my X4M won't be fixed until December 31st! Many parts don't arrive until mid December. Now am I the only one that feels incredibly screwed? I leased a $83k car that is at the body shop for 2 months! After 3 weeks.The minute this claim is complete I really will rethink my coverage. My insurance refuses to pay for all OEM parts which is critical in proper repair! Not sure what's worse, the fact that my dealership did not warn me about driving in -40 degrees on hp summer tires wasn't recommended and yet the temp was -17!, (they were well aware that I was going to be driving down through the mountains to have them put on the snow tires) Because I specifically asked about conditions when she called the day before to confirm! Was scheduled for 1200 mile service and scorpion winters tire Install
the next morning at 10am!
A lot of insurances have OEM parts riders now. Looks like you need to update your policy - I just added OEM parts coverage for nominal costs for both Ms but left it off of our Honda.

What dealer did you buy from that requires you to drive down a mountain? Just curious...

You mentioned black ice so not seeing how different tires would have saved you there. Regular loss of traction due to degraded summer tire performance in cold temps, sure. But black ice is black ice...

Feel for the situation but not sure it was really the dealers fault since they don’t control parts availability and it was an accident, regardless of whether they should have warned you on tire rating. Looks like they helped out on out of pocket payments so do ‘em a favor and write them a decent review for customer service.

On the point of them not advising you on tire temp ratings, a lot of dealer staff know little to none about the cars they sell. It’s not their fault, they’re probably just good at sales/customer service/etc which is how they got and keep their jobs. There’s plenty of marketing misinformation I’ve heard from even BMW geniuses who are basically giving you the owners manual highlights. I skipped our appointment offer after reading the vehicle and engine technical docs and manual because there was no point in hearing about the high level stuff after that.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2020, 08:22 PM   #24
X4MforME
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M

Garage List
2020 X4M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Quote:
Just found out my X4M won't be fixed until December 31st! Many parts don't arrive until mid December. Now am I the only one that feels incredibly screwed? I leased a $83k car that is at the body shop for 2 months! After 3 weeks.The minute this claim is complete I really will rethink my coverage. My insurance refuses to pay for all OEM parts which is critical in proper repair! Not sure what's worse, the fact that my dealership did not warn me about driving in -40 degrees on hp summer tires wasn't recommended and yet the temp was -17!, (they were well aware that I was going to be driving down through the mountains to have them put on the snow tires) Because I specifically asked about conditions when she called the day before to confirm! Was scheduled for 1200 mile service and scorpion winters tire Install
the next morning at 10am!
A lot of insurances have OEM parts riders now. Looks like you need to update your policy - I just added OEM parts coverage for nominal costs for both Ms but left it off of our Honda.

What dealer did you buy from that requires you to drive down a mountain? Just curious...

You mentioned black ice so not seeing how different tires would have saved you there. Regular loss of traction due to degraded summer tire performance in cold temps, sure. But black ice is black ice...

Feel for the situation but not sure it was really the dealers fault since they don't control parts availability and it was an accident, regardless of whether they should have warned you on tire rating. Looks like they helped out on out of pocket payments so do 'em a favor and write them a decent review for customer service.

On the point of them not advising you on tire temp ratings, a lot of dealer staff know little to none about the cars they sell. It's not their fault, they're probably just good at sales/customer service/etc which is how they got and keep their jobs. There's plenty of marketing misinformation I've heard from even BMW geniuses who are basically giving you the owners manual highlights. I skipped our appointment offer after reading the vehicle and engine technical docs and manual because there was no point in hearing about the high level stuff after that.
What responsibilities do they carry? You think they can sell a 80k piece of equipment without giving you the details....? That's re dick!
Got car back after 4 months in shop! Now the "outbreak" somehow I'm getting the feeling this isn't the right car for me!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 01:16 AM   #25
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What responsibilities do they carry? You think they can sell a 80k piece of equipment without giving you the details....? That's re dick!
Got car back after 4 months in shop! Now the "outbreak" somehow I'm getting the feeling this isn't the right car for me!
So lawyer up and sue. It’s apparently the American way, because if someone doesn’t warn you, it apparently absolves you of common sense. Not sure what your accident and loss of use for the vehicle has to do with a global pandemic, but I’m sure you’ll think of a way to connect the dots...
Appreciate 3
BMWZ41908.00
scrammer420.50
      03-20-2020, 10:52 AM   #26
Ironwood
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 M

This is hilarious. OP drives off the road on black ice and wants to blame the manufacturer for not warning him. This must be why we have warnings on push lawnmowers to not attempt to pick them up and trim your hedges. OP, do you eat the cotton in the top of a pill bottle? Did the pharmacist warn you not to? Hey BMW, you didn't tell me I had to stop if a cow was standing in the road!
Appreciate 2
BMWZ41908.00
scrammer420.50
      03-20-2020, 11:11 AM   #27
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironwood View Post
This is hilarious. OP drives off the road on black ice and wants to blame the manufacturer for not warning him. This must be why we have warnings on push lawnmowers to not attempt to pick them up and trim your hedges. OP, do you eat the cotton in the top of a pill bottle? Did the pharmacist warn you not to? Hey BMW, you didn't tell me I had to stop if a cow was standing in the road!
Consumers, as dumb as they are, always trying to find a reason to sue. And this is why I always look at warnings and wonder "Is this not rhetorical?"

Appreciate 1
BMWZ41908.00
      03-20-2020, 12:03 PM   #28
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Unbelievable. Fewer & fewer peeps accepting responsibility for their own actions...
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2020, 02:09 PM   #29
GT500R
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Just want to highlight OP deletes his messages but we quote them so will see them forever ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlowMeaAway View Post
... the fact that BMW did not inform me that driving in -40 degrees on hp summer tires was not recommended....
Appreciate 3
Macanakey138.50
BMWZ41908.00
      03-20-2020, 03:44 PM   #30
Macanakey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X3MC, X5M, 911Turbo & GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT500R View Post
Just want to highlight OP deletes his messages but we quote them so will see them forever ❤️
I think OP was expecting more "there, there" messages instead of the "you're a blithering idiot" ones he received. I'm glad to see the idiocy called out on the Forum.
1997 911 Targa, Zenith Blue
2017 GT3-RS Lava Orange (LEGO)
Appreciate 2
BMWZ41908.00
Dimitri314.50
      03-31-2020, 06:18 PM   #31
X4MforME
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X4M

Garage List
2020 X4M  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
So lawyer up and sue. It’s apparently the American way, because if someone doesn’t warn you, it apparently absolves you of common sense. Not sure what your accident and loss of use for the vehicle has to do with a global pandemic, but I’m sure you’ll think of a way to connect the dots...
This was November has nothing to do with pandemic....
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 12:15 AM   #32
pluckydks
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3 ZCP, 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Quote:
This. You’re ridiculous man...just own up to your stupidity
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 01:02 AM   #33
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, we all know that it doesn’t but you brought it up so here we are. Suggestion: Get your car fixed, delete your BP account and get on with your life.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7834.00
      04-01-2020, 03:46 AM   #34
Kief
Major General
Rep
Drives: '24 iX50; '23 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
Quote:
Quote:
This. You're ridiculous man...just own up to your stupidity
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, we all know that it doesn't but you brought it up so here we are. Suggestion: Get your car fixed, delete your BP account and get on with your life.
The guy is obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed, starting with his original post, and now being unaware of quoting his own self...
'24-I20 iX 50; '23-G26 i4 M50; '22-G82 M4Cx*;20-G05 M50i*; '20-F82 M4CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F80 M3CS*; '18-F85 X5M*; '18-G01 X3M40i*; '18-F80 M3ZCP*; '17-F80 M3ZCP*; '15-F15 X5*; '15-F82 M4*; '12-E92 335is*; '11-E70 X5d; '11-E89 Z435is*;'09-E89 Z435i*; '08-E92 335i*; '06-E90 330i*; '05-E83 X3*; '04-E83 X3*; '03-E46 325Ci* *retired
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7834.00
      04-03-2020, 04:00 PM   #35
cipher5
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Donington Grey X3M Comp

Blaming the dealer is by far the biggest LOL on this thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 05:38 PM   #36
BMWZ4
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X1/'23 Allroad Progressiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by cipher5 View Post
Blaming the dealer is by far the biggest LOL on this thread.
And in this post (diff thread), he's saying he'll be changing over to his summers in July lol...I have to assume he's joking. I hope.

https://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=25995939
'11 Z4 30i (retired);'11 X3 28i (retired); '15 M235i Stage 1 Dinan (recalled & crushed); '16 M235i Stage 3 Dinan (retired); '15 X3 28i (retired); '14 328i (retired), 2019 X3M40i (retired); Loaded '18 X1 (retired); Loaded '20 X3MC DG, Black/Tan Merino (retired); Loaded '23 X1 Cape York green and Red/Black interior; '23 Audi A4 Allroad Progressiv
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2020, 10:29 PM   #37
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckydks View Post
Quote:
Quote:
This. You're ridiculous man...just own up to your stupidity
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, we all know that it doesn't but you brought it up so here we are. Suggestion: Get your car fixed, delete your BP account and get on with your life.
The guy is obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed, starting with his original post, and now being unaware of quoting his own self...
To be fair, he alluded to that when he mentioned his monthly lease payment!