BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-06-2023, 08:58 PM   #45
watsonm
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3

DV valve replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrjose81 View Post
Im having the same issue, i was able to remove he 3 bolts from the DV valve but i cannot remove it from its location since the pneumatic wastegate is attached to the turbocharger. How were you able to remove the DV valve out of its location after you took all 3 screws off? Ive looked everywhere and all YouTube videos show the electric wastegate, not the pneumatic wastegate.
I am in the same boat. Were you able to get the DV valve out without loosening the wastegate or did you remove the bolts from the wastegate actuator? If so, what size of wrench?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 10:23 AM   #46
JCod
(00 [[[ * ]]] 00)
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i xdrive (F32)

Malfunction Fix

What's up y'all. I just wanted to take a second and provide my experience with this "Drivetrain Malfunction" error that I experienced on my F32. My issue was that I was not able to get past 2k rpm without the malfunction tripping and enable limp mode. I was preparing to replace my timing chain so decided to attack this issue at the same time... After doing some research I thought it was my electronic wastegate so I replaced that and it did not resolve my issue. For my issue it ended up being a failed Diverter Valve that wasn't allowing the turbo to build enough boost to get to the higher rpms that it was needing in order to shift correctly in 2nd and 3rd gear. I replaced the faulty DV with a GFB DV from Kies Motorsports and my issue is now resolved and hasn't returned. I know this won't be everyone's issue but my hope is that it will help and save someone some time..

Side note... the DV is a PITA to reinstall especially if you are installing the GFB upgrade. It's possible without removing the turbo or losening the water pump but boy oh boy does it take some patience! Good luck fam!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 10:25 AM   #47
JCod
(00 [[[ * ]]] 00)
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i xdrive (F32)

Quote:
Originally Posted by watsonm View Post
I am in the same boat. Were you able to get the DV valve out without loosening the wastegate or did you remove the bolts from the wastegate actuator? If so, what size of wrench?
On mine I did have to remove the wastegate in order to remove the DV...
Appreciate 0